• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2016 PC Screenshot Thread of No Compromises

DD

227300_20160612173019mljxc.jpg

227300_2016061218111391ju9.jpg

adysoft

Neo Member

Amazing shots you got there!

I recently bought this game, but there is an insane amount of blur. How did you manage to get your shots so clean?

I heard about something called "Cinematic Tool" and the only one i found for NFS was a couple of months old and crashed the game when launching it. Could you be kind enough to share how you made those?

Thanks,
Yann

I recently bought this game, but there is an insane amount of blur. How did you manage to get your shots so clean?

I heard about something called "Cinematic Tool" and the only one i found for NFS was a couple of months old and crashed the game when launching it. Could you be kind enough to share how you made those?

Thanks,
Yann

Downsampling and maybe some sharpening + SMAA through ReShade. That can make any game look ultra clean, with a rather high fps cost.

Thanks,
Yann

Thanks! NFS is indeed quite blurry, but I actually quite like the effect. Obviously it looks better in motion than in screenshots, and so, you can sharpen using your preferred tool/injector/program to counter the blur, and downsample from a high resolution for improved image quality.

I personally take 4K screenshots (use Nvidia DSR to enable 4K on my 1080p screen) as .BMPs, open them in Photoshop, and resize to 1080p using the Bicubic Sharpen resampling.

adysoft

Neo Member
@AnyoneInCherno @GroinShooter Thanks for the suggestions!
I eventually found the compatible Cinematic Tool for NFS, and it works really well.
I also got myself a nice reshade package removing quite a lot of blur, so that's good too.

Thanks!

paragon doesnt look very good at all surprisingly. also surprising, the ghosts screens posted on this page actually look pretty good all things considered

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I'm looking through some old 3D screenshots and mannnn 3D can really add so much to the feeling of a scene.

This isn't the best screenshot - especially in 2D - but in 3D it feels so much more dynamic.

gta5045_by_aloooo81-da6tv41.jpg

Something like this makes the platform feel FOREVER away.

darksoulsii015_by_aloooo81-da6sgak.jpg

Top Bottom