• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup | July 7-26 2017 | OT | [Insert pun]

Icolin

Banned
The next Gold Cup should be more fun; it'll be at the start of a new World Cup cycle, so the US, Mexico et al will all call in their A-teams to prepare for world cup qualifying.

Poor quality on the whole, but for me personally, the tournament was largely positive for me, as a Canadian. Been awhile since I've been eager to see the Canadian men's national team, thanks in large part to Alphonso Davies.

Glad to get the win. Jamaica played well - too bad they're not in the Hex since they're much improved lately. I'm especially happy for Jozy and Bradley who won their first USMNT trophy today.

Levi's is an awful venue. It's nice to see the Bay Area get some games (because I live here), but I wish they'd avoid the Santa Clara location.

Onto September and some important Qualifiers. Hope to see a lot of you over in the community thread sometime soon.

v1lla21

I never realized Jozy was fluent in Spanish. My dude speaks it better than some of my cousins lol.

I wanted Canada to make it to the final. They weren't bad at all which was a nice change of pace.

Zackat

Glad to get the win. Jamaica played well - too bad they're not in the Hex since they're much improved lately. I'm especially happy for Jozy and Bradley who won their first USMNT trophy today.

Levi's is an awful venue. It's nice to see the Bay Area get some games (because I live here), but I wish they'd avoid the Santa Clara location.

Onto September and some important Qualifiers. Hope to see a lot of you over in the community thread sometime soon.
I'll be there

Icolin

Banned
ALPHONSO DAVIES YOUNG PLAYER AWARD WOOHOO

(And also likely the Golden Boot winner too!)

EDIT: THERE IT IS ALPHONSO DAVIES GOLDEN BOOT WINNER

His transfer value just keeps on getting bigger and bigger.

Icolin

Banned
Gold Cup Best XI:

DFtrodqV0AAVLJj.jpg

https://twitter.com/CONCACAF/status/890423696627781632

(L to R) Blake; Zusi, Lawrence, Taylor, Gonzalez; Bradley, Duenas, Nagbe; Davies, Morris; Altidore

zroid

Banned
I missed most of the elimination round matches for one reason or another

did Bradley actually deserve to win top player?

ZZMitch

He played great I thought. I think golden ball should have gone to someone who played through the group stage though

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Him or Blake I think. Nagbe was really good, but Bradley locked down central midfield and was generally really effective. The difference is Nagbe was a lot flashier, while Bradley was mostly no drama.

I think if Jamaica won Blake would have gotten it though.

Icolin

Banned

He played well, but it should've gone to Blake, who was good through the group stage and the knockout stage.

A boring and low level ending for this joke tournament. And they want to ADD more teams.

By the way, nice 'crushing' there, US, I could say you succeed, crushing the level of the zone to a grind (along with México and the joke management the greedy a**holes in long pants set up).

Jamaica, boys, you disappoint. If you had scored at least 3... Againts México.

Top Bottom