• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Microsoft E3 Conference [Over]

What shirt should Phil Spencer wear today?

Results are only viewable after voting.

haveheart

Banned
They warnt toll sell a 500.- high end console so they show Minecraft in 4K? WTF are they thinking?

Except for forza (which looks like a racing game) there isn't really a reason for Scorpio imo. Crackdown looks so bad, I can't see it ever being released:/

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
You can play almost all of it on PC.

DOA
Obviously, not everyone is going to do that. I mean, I am, because my 1440p/144hz monitor is sexy as shit, but not everybody. I don't think that's a valid criticism because it's not an apples to apples comparison. Console gamers still like their consoles.

5/10. It was a very average conference, almost like an "off-year" if you get what I mean (a lull between all your big studios). I mean it wasn't terrible, but MS didn't need average. They needed to knock it out of the park and they really didn't.

Forza looks cool (but it's Forza, it's not a huge deal since it's expected), and we got release dates for Cuphead and Crackdown. Crackdown looked like it got a big downgrade though. But the 3rd-party games looked pretty good for the most part.

Ori 2 looked absolutely amazing. It was by far the best game they showed, but it was also a known quantity.

so tl;dr - okay, but no surprises.

Dont want to sound harsh but i was praying they did not snatch another Tales Game. Thank god.

I doubt Namco would ever make a mistake like that again. They want to, you know, actually grow the franchise.

EGM1966

B- if you're already in their ecosystem with some solid games shown...

...but competitively I'd say that was very weak and they're wide open to get stomped by Sony now. Heck with $499 price tag Sony are probably scrambling to cancel price de cutting Pro.

Really feels their focus is PC/Xbox combined and they're not interested in trying to dominate console space anymore with their own console just an extension f PC platform. Quite odd but nothing really felt like it was trying to make their console a must have.

Gurish

MS just blew it, I seriously couldn't believe they will have such a weak conference, fucking 0 new first party AAA exclusives, WTF!?

Crackdown 3 looks horrible as well.

Scorpio's hardware is seriously impressive, other than that I was very disappointed.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
For a conference that was all about bringing Xbox back on top, they did...literally nothing other than drop the $499 price and show a ton of third party games.

That was worse than even my lowest expectations.

F

edit: that said Crimson Skies is super awesome.

Syf

Banned
PC gamer here with no interest in console ownership.

I thought MS killed it.

Good on them.
That's how I feel. If I didn't have a gaming PC I'd be all over this. I thought they showed quite a few good games, and the expanded backwards compatibility program is great.

MS got PUBG exclusive so I'm giving them a solid A.

Also they've now got basically the original 60GB PS3 my favorite console in a very long time except it's on every single xbox one.

Randomizer

Super Lucky's Tale is probably my favourite of the show lol. Any new 3D platformers get me hyped, it reminds me of Klonoa and Banjo. The music was straight up Mario Galaxy too.

So I can't figure out what 42 games they mean and what 22 exclusives there are. Of course I totally lost track during that ID@Xbox sizzle reel, and am not sure if they count Crimson Skies and the other games in the Xbox One X Enhanced section, but here's what I have. Maybe everyone else can help fill in the details:

Xbox E3 2017
42 Games, 22 Exclusives

01. Forza 7 (ex)
05. Deep Rock Galactic (ex)
06. State of Decay 2 (ex)
14. Sea of Thieves (ex)
15. Tacoma (launch ex)
16. Super Lucky's Tale (ex)
17. Cuphead (ex)
18. Crackdown 3 (ex)

ID @ Xbox games

Ori and the Will of the Wisps (ex)

Deleted the launch ex and the multiplats, is this the complete list of the true exclusives?

Bold One

The goal of that conference was to sell me a XOX

they failed.

Anthem was the show-stopper, as a Destiny fan, I think the game needs competition but people keep coming for Destiny's crown are in for a rude awakening.

Piggus

They kept calling everything exclusive, when practically none of it was.

There were exactly 0 exclusives announced. Was Crackdown 3 previously announced for PC? Because that's the only game I previously thought was an exclusive.

Decent conference for me as a PC gamer, but there's literally no incentive for me to get an Xbox.

I hated the whole 4k talk. They really pushed it out there but honestly not a lot of people have moved on to 4k yet. Overall I'd say it was a C. Some ok games with only Players Battground being a surprise exclusive for me. I honestly thought they were going to ps4 as well.

Van Bur3n

They showed the games and no bullshit (unlike EA) and that much I can enjoy watching. It's just, well, very few games grabbed my attention. I feel that's on me since my tastes are limited. It's happened across many years of E3 across all conferences. But I feel it was definitely more so the case for this conference than usual. Only games that really got me pumped to see is Metro and Life Is Strange.

And then there is the Xbox One X. Without the games, I just don't see any appeal for me to get it any time soon. Especially at $499.

To sum it up, for the majority of the conference I was on a different tab. My eyes weren't glued to the conference waiting for what is next like Sony 2016. This was a painfully average one for Microsoft.

RichardAM

Kwanzaagator
Missed the first 15 minutes but wasnt very impressed overall.

Anthem and Life is Strange sure, but they'll be multiplat anyway. Poss-console-Money saved!

Microsoft completely and utterly failed on getting me excited for XOX. I'm sure people that like what Microsoft has offered for the past 4 years will be content, but man, I am just utterly underwhelmed.

I wanted to see a reason to buy an XOX. I don't want one anymore.

Wut? It was the opposite for me, they showed tons of new stuff, but utterly failed to show their own content or tapping into their own IP and sequels.

I guess MS is trying to not show off games that are still far off and it was pretty apparent as there was no surprise reveal.

Also surprised they didn't show VR, unless I missed it during my toilet break.

olag

tumblr_lwopoh3vhr1qbkjyfo1_500.gif

Sums it up for me.

Zhao_Yun

Not a bad conference per se, but they showed nothing that convinced me that I need to buy a Xbox One (X) when I already have a PS4 and a PC. 499 is a steep price as well although it's probably justified based on the specs.

Well that was a colossal waste of time. Nothing looked interesting - especially that soon-to-be-downgraded "Avatar meets RoboCop" at the end of the show.

...and on top of everything else - the jaw-droppingly lame announcement of the Xbox One X being $500?!?

Are they fucking insane??

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
All the Easy Access guys stating that the price and the fact that they have gaming computers, means that the X isn't in their future forecast. This Microsoft's problem. The price is prohibitive for a lot of people, and those who have the disposable income, may opt to upgrade their PC HW.

My rating is a 2/10. It was terrible with honestly no new innovative exclusives. Price is too high and the game list is shite tier for me. It's really not great at that price. They kept describing this console as powerful but as far as i'm concerned it is an X in terms of exclusives.

From a 1st party perspective it wasn't great. But from what was actually shown I thought it was a pretty decent show. Lots of games.

I mean, almost 4 years into the gen there SHOULD be a lot of games. No excuse not to, so I can't give MS credit for just 'showing games'.

Their lack of compelling first-party output puts them leagues behind Sony and Nintendo and the gap is growing. This was expected to be MS' "don't count us out'" moment and they failed.

Very good show. But they didn't sell me on the Xbox One X. I expected way more bigger games from MS themself. Most of the indiegames looked really nice, but I don't need an X for them.

Arnie

I thought Sea of Thieves, Anthem, The Last Night, Metro and SoD all looked excellent.

But then there was so much filler. They didn't even have a gameplay demonstration for Crackdown, which looked really underwhelming anyway. I just don't know why I'd really need to fork out a lot of money and switch from my primary platform to buy an X. They didn't really give a reason.

Top Bottom