• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 Microsoft E3 Conference [Over]

What shirt should Phil Spencer wear today?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Fantastic show. Xbox One X on day one for me. Tons of great games coming. OG Xbox back compatibility is incredible. Please don't let Anthem be as shit as Destiny. It looks so damn good.

AHA-Lambda

Ori 2
Life is Strange Prequel
Metro: Exodus
The Artful Escape and The Last Night looked neat
Release date info finally for Cuphead and Tacoma

Aside from those I just got nothing from this =/
A few of the other indies could be neat but they rushed like hell through them

Also it's not for me but the XB1X seems rather pointless, and certainly not worth $500
It was just an equivalent to the PS4 Pro, people got too overhyped if they thought it'd be more than that.
And it's clear that the MS 1st party situation is still just outright dire.

SOR5

This was the dreaded outcome

Wank itself off over how good 4K is, come out with a sore price, and show barely anything exciting (Original Xbox and Ori 2, good but absolutely not enough)

Rellik

I just do not understand why Microsoft is still focusing on making new XBox One consoles since all Xbox One games will be coming to Windows 10 eventually.

I wonder if a PC gaming computer can have specs that are more powerful than a XBox One X.

Huh? PCs have been more powerful for a long time. Just more expensive up front.

weekev

Banned
Lucky s tale felt like a kick in the nuts. Just make the same game with an alcoholic squirrel and crude references chucking in some parody ffs.

Probably 4/10 in terms of getting me to buy an Xbox , but 7/10 on the games shown. Most of the ones I was interested in are only console launch exclusive so I'll just wait for them elsewhere. Was really hoping for more AAA stuff :/

7/10

They should've announced at least one first-party exclusive to close the show. Lack of exclusives continues being their biggest challenge. One X specs at $499.99 is not a bad price, considering the Specs. Not attractive to all demographics of course. For me Metro Exodus was the highlight.

No Halo or Gears is just strange to me. A semi new console and your don't show you leading franchises is a mistake.

5/10 disappointing doesn't even begin to describe what i just saw.

With mindsets like this, no wonder people are shitting on the MS conference.

Everyone yells about brand loyalty etc etc, yet this gen it switched to just everyone loving Sony no matter what. Was that the best Microsoft Conference ever? No, but they showed a ton of games. Exactly what everyone kept saying from before. They did that. Yet pure disappointment from everyone saying worst conference ever. Interested to see the insane praise after Sony's if it is 'mediocre.'

Barrykins

Neo Member
I'm just pleased that there are some new games coming out. I don't really mind if they're exclusives or not since I have both the PS4 and an OG Xbox One.

I still will rather play on the PS4 or PC, but I thought the constant stream of games at their conference was nice.

ktroopa

Most games shown were 2018, and only Metro Exodus and Anthem got my attention. Zero craving to buy an X in Nov. Think il wait till Q3 2018 when these titles drop :p makes sense si :)

sneas78

Banned
Only 12 thousand views on their live YouTube channel for this conference .. o_0 right now.. and they have not even show us the hardaware and price yet!
Edit.. my bad show is over.

Honestly, the best part is that most of the games are coming out this year/early next year. If Sony is full of games with ambiguous release dates, like they tend to do, I won't be impressed.

farting

Banned
For a conference that was all about bringing Xbox back on top, they did...literally nothing other than drop the $499 price and show a ton of third party games.

That was worse than even my lowest expectations.

F

edit: that said Crimson Skies is super awesome.

yeah, nothing here to convince me to buy an xbox.

Crackdown could be okay but that trailer sucked as soon as Terry Crews disappeared & it didn't look much better than 1/2...where was the Cloud™ powered destruction?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nothing really wow'd me apart from Anthem and Metro reveal. Forza 7 looked poor, just like a higher res'd version of Forza 6.

Crackdown 3 didn't show the one thing they were putting out for the game which was destruction. It looked so limited.

Assassin's Creed: Origins looked janky as hell, I was expecting something much more. Shadow of War didn't look anything different from the original.

Alot of the other titles I had no interest in. Xbox One X looks great and I will get one but the price is just that bit too high to grab one at launch.

With it coming out in November I hope retailers will bundle it with September titles then it might sway me otherwise probably a 2018 purchase.

Edit: Sea of Thieves just isn't grabbing me, looks too slow and limited.

what was up with the graphic at the end with Phil mentioning people get 4K updates for Gears4 and two other games? does this mean they're going to some how charge for updates?

Alienfan

Didn't have a ton of exclusives to show. They adopted the Sony format of throw a bunch of games at you hoping you don't notice their weak lineup for this year, which was really disappointing. Definitely not sold on the Xbox One X, but the price seems fine for what's some extremely impressive engineering (smallest xbox, like how). Overall a B.

We'll see what Sony's end of year line up looks like, but I'm expecting a bunch of concept trailers and few release dates as usual. Hopefully I'm wrong, and they have a solid 2017 lineup

Ristifer

I ended up liking a good chunk of games: Forza, Metro: Exodus, Ori 2, that Super Foxy Tales game or whatever it was called, Cuphead (a release date finally), The Last Night. Some quality looking games there.

Unfortunately, the conference still ended up missing the mark for me. No surprises and the XB1X's price point is hilarious. Not to mention the fact that in a presentation talking about new hardware, the most enthusiastic reaction was for OG Xbox BC. Just felt like the whole thing lacked direction and purpose.

But still, I'm looking forward to some of the games.

Tiamant

Still no reason to own an Xbox. It's hard to put it into words because obviously they have games but compared to the other big 2 everything feels so plain and by the numbers.

Sony must be feeling preeeeetty relaxed right now.

Mercador

I don't have faith in Sea of thieves...

Though I'm excited for Shadow of Mordor

On AC, since when arrows follow the stairs?

Juraash

So I didn't watch all of it, but I did tune in about half way through. Lots of games on display, which I'll give them props for, but I didn't really see anything during the period that I watched to justify a 1X purchase. Maybe it was in part of the show I missed but from what I'm reading here...maybe not?

I dunno, I found parts of what I saw really dull. I also feel like if you are going to roll out "the most powerful console ever" you better knock some socks off with something to showcase that.

Wow, someone in here ranks the conference a 9/10?? Totally entitled to your opinion, but wow.

Was there a single new AAA IP exclusive revealed?

I thought Crackdown 3 looked shockingly poor. And it's coming out this year?? It just got a short trailer.

State of Decay 2 looked fun. Janky, but I'm excited for it. Wish it was this year.

Ori 2 looks awesome. Excited. But when is it coming??

Sea of Thieves does not look like my kind of game. What to do besides hang out with friends? Is there a story? Missions?

Xbox One X $499 USD price means it won't sell well in Canada IMO.

And beyond that, there just wasn't much else to get excited about in terms of exclusives.

I'm stoked for Assassin's Creed, Metro, Life is Strange, Mordor, etc. but they're all multi platform.

6/10 from me.

Realyn

Man some of you are impossible to please. It was a bit of a drag in the beginning but afterwards it was game after game shown. A shit ton of games shown with a nice mix of exclusives, timed exclusives, and multiplatform. We wanted games and they showed games.

This was their best show of the generation so far IMO.

Could you please list the amount of new exclusives shown for the people who missed them?

Nkcell

Everyone yells about brand loyalty etc etc, yet this gen it switched to just everyone loving Sony no matter what. Was that the best Microsoft Conference ever? No, but they showed a ton of games. Exactly what everyone kept saying from before. They did that. Yet pure disappointment from everyone saying worst conference ever. Interested to see the insane praise after Sony's if it is 'mediocre.'

The key is to show exclusive games. That's what sells consoles. They showed a ton of great games, but very few were exclusive.

Vinc

That wasn't Conker. They knew to tease us with that red tail

But that wasn't fucking Conker

I'm seriously furious. Second time it happens. Leaves me with a terribly bitter taste in my mouth.

Sea of Thieves looked rough, State of Decay is not for me, Crackdown looked rough (and certainly not like a showcase for the X), and launching their PS4 Pro competitor a year later for 100 more is a bit more than crazy.

mclem

I GOTS A BINGO!

l06dsuV.png

(I said I'd implemented the generator in a rather hurried way - probably shouldn't have had both a vague and a specific Forza entry there)

Azull

One thing I really noticed after the 10th game shown, a majority of the games they showed didn't have a release date...not a very good look.

Top Bottom