• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

Awesome blasts from the past!

Want more?

rotk1ums2i.jpg

rotk3uxse8.jpg

dr_rus

What's with the influx of 5+ MB PNGs recently? I have to refresh the page 2-3 times for all of them to load from Flickr. Flickr seem to be weird when loading PNGs, it is really slow.

Parsnip

What's with the influx of 5+ MB PNGs recently? I have to refresh the page 2-3 times for all of them to load from Flickr. Flickr seem to be weird when loading PNGs, it is really slow.

I've noticed this as well, it can take 20 minutes for me to load a page.

I've noticed it too on an occasion but the image size doesn't seem to matter as far as I can see. Maybe we are hitting a bad server or something.

dr_rus

I've noticed it too on an occasion but the image size doesn't seem to matter as far as I can see. Maybe we are hitting a bad server or something.

Well, as I've said, this seems to be an issue with Flickr hosted PNGs exclusively - they just stop loading at some point for some reason and only continue if your hit refresh. Maybe it's a local issue...

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thanks :) and it runs like a dream too. Those shots are taken at 4K everything maxed, 60fps (1070 with i7).

Cool, probably because it's a fairly old/last-gen game. It didn't look that great on PS3 but I always suspected it could have looked good because the environments were nicely designed with cool level of details, but yeah, it was marred by the PS3's low res, jaggies etc.

OtisInf

Is there any way to limit it for viewing purposes?

As you can see from this shot:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/135285125@N08/37441787220/in/dateposted-public/
If you compare it to the above shot i posted here within this page, it looks disgusting on flickr.

Did you upload it as jpg? Or as bmp? Flickr resizes bmps to jpgs and uses a nasty low compression on it. Weird thing is that if I click 'download' on your image on flickr I get just 1 size and not the max size of the shot above.

MrPickle

Did you upload it as jpg? Or as bmp? Flickr resizes bmps to jpgs and uses a nasty low compression on it. Weird thing is that if I click 'download' on your image on flickr I get just 1 size and not the max size of the shot above.
Uploaded as a PNG & i had downloads disabled originally. I just enabled downloads again.

There's no way around it unless you let people view your original. If you only let people see the Flickr downsamples, you're going to have that problem.
The only thing i see within the flickr settings is "How large should Flickr display your photos" with the following options to choose from:

"Best display size (recommended)
Large 2048
Large 1600
Large 1024"

Top Bottom