• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

MrPickle

37011058654_1ea56befcf_o.png
23867550918_87e435a348_o.png

37693225986_d8b13f4d9f_o.jpg

R8TEDM3

Had high hopes for this one...somehow they made it looking worse than first game. Also, if i set my res to any higher than 6k game crashes right away?! Wonder what could cause that?

37463921850_175ab2a9b6_o.jpg

37463924080_73334830fa_o.jpg

The only thing i see within the flickr settings is "How large should Flickr display your photos" with the following options to choose from:

"Best display size (recommended)
Large 2048
Large 1600
Large 1024"
Those are the flickr downsamples. If you disable downloads (no idea why you would) then those are the only options you get. And they are all compressed.

Had high hopes for this one...somehow they made it looking worse than first game.
Budget. I don't think the first game sold that well. Also I think this game is open world right? That would stretch the artists even thinner.

MrPickle

Those are the flickr downsamples. If you disable downloads (no idea why you would) then those are the only options you get. And they are all compressed.

Weird because i have no other options even when downloads are public, unless i'm looking in the wrong place. I had downloads disabled because there was a user within these forums that Nick pal noticed a while back who was downloading my images and uploading them here.
Btw, thanks for responding!

R8TEDM3

Budget. I don't think the first game sold that well. Also I think this game is open world right? That would stretch the artists even thinner.

According to VG chartz first game sold pretty well. Just over 4 million copies. I'm not sure how much their budget was back then? But, the sequel is not looking all that hot. And TEW2 changes things up a bit with some open environments that you can explore, but they are rather very small in size. You could be right though, and maybe they spread themselves too thin this time?

According to VG chartz first game sold pretty well. Just over 4 million copies. I'm not sure how much their budget was back then? But, the sequel is not looking all that hot. And TEW2 changes things up a bit with some open environments that you can explore, but they are rather very small in size. You could be right though, and maybe they spread themselves too thin this time?

I read somewhere that the first game didn't do that great which was why the sequel didn't get a big marketing push. But it's the internet... and I guess you just gotta fact check this stuff.

At least I hear it's fun and better than the first game? So there's that I guess. It's on my radar.

I had downloads disabled because there was a user within these forums that Nick pal noticed a while back who was downloading my images and uploading them here.

You should see "original" if you have that option enabled. I've never disabled that sorta thing so this is what I see for my images:

8XnGokd.png

I feel like having your original images preserved beats out preventing random people from downloading and uploading your images elsewhere. I mean, who cares? They're just screenshots, and if people are doing that then I guess it means you're doing something right.

Lime

VG Charts pulls numbers out their asses, there's a reason why they're banned here. You're better off searching Neogaf for or looking through Bethesda's financial reports around the time of release.

Mass Effect: Andromeda captured using Nvidia Ansel @ 5120x2880

The game can be a bit buggy but man is it beautiful, especially on a HDR compatible screen.

u7twXTf.jpg

This must be an HDR screenshot right? Because the contrast is all sorts of ruined on a normal monitor.

That is correct. Although I'm not sure the same hardware and software requirements for hdr video also apply for hdr images.

I mean I do a lot of hdr photography and you def don't need hdr screens to view all the highlights and shadows from photos stacked in Lightroom or photoshop

Im viewing on an samsung s8+ and a Sony x800e both of which are hdr compatible so that may be the difference. Or I could be wrong and compression on imgur renders hdr captures useless.

dr_rus

Do any web browsers support displaying HDR image formats? I think hosting options might be a bit limited as well.

No and neither does JPEG. You pretty much have to tone map the image into SDR before posting it on the Web for now - add an EXR file as a link for those who have HDR devices to look at it properly.

Coreda

Playing through Dishonored 1 and experiencing a lighting glitch in the sky in a particular time of day (dark peripheral overlay). Disabled forced AO and the same result, so perhaps it's one of the INI tweaks but unsure which may be affecting it. Has anyone who has tweaked the settings encountered this before?

Or perhaps it could be due to the wide FoV and resolution?

Also if anyone knows how I can increase the awful, low resolution cast shadows such as seen cropped below. This is after tweaking the DishonoredEngine.ini to set the shadow settings higher, as per numerous guides (and setting the file to read only).

Code:
MinShadowResolution=2048
MinPreShadowResolution=256
MaxShadowResolution=4096
MaxWholeSceneDominantShadowResolution=4096
PreShadowFadeResolution=512
ShadowDepthBias=.002

Top Bottom