• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

8K downsampled to 1080p
31464129543_95c7550be1_o.png

16K downsampled to 1080p
32134725731_487bcbcc78_o.jpg

I'm downsampling from 8k myself ¯_ಠ_ಠ_/¯

Not the resolution, accessing the depth buffer is what I meant with "kinda huge". Wondering if it might be able to inject SSAO into some other games that are marked with no depth buffer access in the Reshade compatibility list.

diaspora

Not the resolution, accessing the depth buffer is what I meant with "kinda huge". Wondering if it might be able to inject SSAO into some other games that are marked with no depth buffer access in the Reshade compatibility list.

Not reliably. It has no effect on ME1 as far as depth buffer access is concerned.

31482360243_40cef97b64_o.png

32254011006_4ccb26e496_o.png

OtisInf

Bummer, but thanks for clearing that up.

To my knowledge, any downsampling done through GeDoSaTo kills the depth buffer in the game. I've never seen a game (which exposed a proper depth buffer normally) that still had depth buffer access after downsampling in GeDoSaTo.

diaspora

To my knowledge, any downsampling done through GeDoSaTo kills the depth buffer in the game. I've never seen a game (which exposed a proper depth buffer normally) that still had depth buffer access after downsampling in GeDoSaTo.

This is incorrect regarding Mass Effect 2 and 3. Depth buffer access in reshade is only (to my knowledge) possible when downsampling one step in gedosato. I can't speak for other titles though.

One3rd

This is incorrect regarding Mass Effect 2 and 3. Depth buffer access in reshade is only (to my knowledge) possible when downsampling one step in gedosato. I can't speak for other titles though.
I'm not sure about downsampling one step as every time I have used GeDoSaTo downsample resolutions to render down to my native resolution (1920x1080) the depth buffer is not present. The only way I've been able to access the depth buffer when using GeDoSaTo was to render down to the same resolution that is also available as an NVidia custom resolution or in this case a DSR resolution. The main reason for this in my case was to use the GeDoSaTo HUD removal as well as ReShade depth shaders at the same time.

This was done by forcing the presentWidth and presentHeight values in GeDo as below.
Code:
#forcing downsample resolution to actual NVidia custom resolution for ReShade effects to be applied to full image and not downsampled image. Running game at same resolution.
clearRenderResolutions
presentWidth 5120
presentHeight 2880
presentHz 60

Using the above method I was able to used depth based shaders DOF, outline, emphasize, and ambient occlusion along with GeDoSaTo's HUD toggle in the below image.

diaspora

Speaking specifically of ME2 and 3, downsampling one step is the only way to access the depth buffer- nvidia's DSR is irrelevant as this applies to both my AMD and Nvidia machines.

32315178025_fe516a3801_o.png

32315181305_41f9b26160_o.png

Top Bottom