• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PlayStation Press Conference in Japan set for September 19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

I can't wait for this. Gonna be good.

MH World, Earth Defense Force 5 and other games I need to see more of. Hopefully some cool new announcements as well.

DMONKUMA

While I know Nioh was reintroduced at around TGS has there been anything exciting that's been announced there besides that?

While I know Nioh was reintroduced at around TGS has there been anything exciting that's been announced there besides that?

Look up at sal's post.

Whether or not what's announced at these events are "exciting" are up to individual taste. In general, I much much prefer the content of TGS's shows compared to the AAA and indie stuff of E3/Gamescom/PSX.

Give me otome games or give me death.

The time has finally come for Dart to return
the_journey_begins_today.gif

I won't stop believing in a remake or a sequel of The Legend of Dragoon Sony
Seriously if this ever happened I would lose it.
giphy.gif

New: 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Bloodborne: The Old Hunters, Danganronpa V3, Gravity Rush Remastered, Gravity Rush 2, Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone, I Am Setsuna, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme VS Force, Nioh, One Piece: Burning Blood, The King of Fighters XIV, Toukiden 2, Umbrella Corps, Yakuza: Kiwami, Yakuza 6

Updates / Release Dates: Dragon Quest Builders, Everybody's Golf, SaGa: Scarlet Grace, Star Ocean 5, World of Final Fantasy

Other: PS4 HDD bay cover color variations, Project Morpheus official name, PS4 price drop
Seriously I remember being amazed watching that 2015 conference. Best TGS conference ever hands down.

The 2016 show may be a sign that they're dialing back the number of new announcements in this event. It could be a case of publishers wanting to do their own shows. The Fist of the North Star announcement at Sega's event would have been perfect for Sony, but now they may have to settle for more details, if even that.

jobboy

new year...new hopes for deep down :(
seriously capcom, make it 1080p 60fps on ps4pro and it will be enough for me!

Asd202

I expect updates on big games like Ni no Kuni, MH: World maybee KH3. Other than that 13 Sentinels and DBZ would be cool. I don't expect big new announcements.

expel

I expect updates on big games like Ni no Kuni, MH: World maybee KH3. Other than that 13 Sentinels and DBZ would be cool. I don't expect big new announcements.

DBZ fighters Seems to have marketing deal with ms? I haven't seen it show on sony's event

He is talking about a announcement that will not be from Nintendo and one that will be. He says it's a bombshell and what not.

Is this guy usually on point or....nah?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
He is talking about a announcement that will not be from Nintendo and one that will be. He says it's a bombshell and what not.

Its BS....everyone know that Nintendo will have a event around TGS and obs. they will announce stuff there - same as Sony on their event.

Thats like teasing something from Sony or Nintendo for e3 2018.

Its BS....everyone know that Nintendo will have a event around TGS and obs. they will announce stuff there - same as Sony on their event.

Thats like teasing something from Sony or Nintendo for e3 2018.

Yeah, the way he explains this it akmost sounds like Sony and Nintendo are working together or something. Doesn't sound like a seperate Sony and Nintendo thing. Ah well, we'll see September 19th then.

Okay. I have watched this video and he talks about big info from Nintendo. I'm not sure he knows that Nintendo does not go to TGS.

They aren't? Hmmm...maybe it will be announced on the internet then or some short direct perhaps.

This is it Vita fam, the one time a year the console might get mentioned at a Sony press conference.

(Aside from Gio's "... and Vita" seconds at PSX).

I do wonder whether there will be anything new this year though or it'll just be games we know about, like 13 Sentinels (hopefully).

Also I wonder if that heavily-hinted Shining game for PS4/Vita will be revealed.

I just watched and the first announcement he talks about that isn't from Nintendo sounds like he's teasing a new Sony hardware announcement to me. Maybe a hybrid announcement?

I think he did have some info leak a long time ago that was spot on regarding Nintendo's lineup for an entire year including internal code names, but he's been wrong a lot about what the Switch was. He insisted it had a custom AMD chip forever, even when it seemed clear that it was made by NVIDIA. Easy to tease a future announcement and not give any details though so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

jonno394

I just watched and the first announcement he talks about that isn't from Nintendo sounds like he's teasing a new Sony hardware announcement to me. Maybe a hybrid announcement?

I think he did have some info leak a long time ago that was spot on regarding Nintendo's lineup for an entire year including internal code names, but he's been wrong a lot about what the Switch was. He insisted it had a custom AMD chip forever, even when it seemed clear that it was made by NVIDIA. Easy to tease a future announcement and not give any details though so I wouldn't take it too seriously.

Exactly he's being so vague he can claim anything as a "see, i told you". He's really hyping the non nintendo announcement though and hosting a live stream directly after it to discuss how it "may or may not affect nintendo"...... vagueness

I'll watch it in the vain hope that it matches something approaching their 2015 show, but ultimately my expectations will be non-existent. I'd call last year a shit show, but I don't even remember anything that got announced.

Hmmmm i see. A hybrid from Sony i can see happening, and i guess he means this can affect Nintendo but then Nintendo will have something to announce too. Maybe it;s just me but to me he almost seems to imply a collaboration between the two or something. But yeah like you said, he got it all wrong about AMD.

Laplasakos

It would be nice to see some FFVIIR news there or a new FF announcement but probably won't happen.

Can't believe that the FF30th anniversary came and went without any major announcement. What a disappointment.

Still though, a new Vita which probably would be a hybrid i'd guess really isn't that farfetched? Wouldn't surprise me to see Sony giving it another shot.

OldMuffin

I hope that "leak" about those three capcom titles were legit and one of them are revealed here (the supposed ghouls and ghosts reboot thing by Vancouver prefereably).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom