• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2064: Read Only Memories devs tell Trump voters to skip their game

Comet

They can do whatever they want with their customer relations as far as I'm concerned. This may turn people away from their game, but I now have it on my radar and will give them more than a cursory glance because Trump is causing me, my family, and friends issues.

Snagret

Because people have an absolute right to vote for who they want, and purchase what they want. If you want to discriminate against people using their constitutional RIGHT, dont sell your game PERIOD
And these devs have the constitutional right to tell these people to fuck off. This isn't what discrimination looks like, btw. It's certainly telling you wouldn't know that, though.

Because people have an absolute right to vote for who they want, and purchase what they want. If you want to discriminate against people using their constitutional RIGHT, dont sell your game PERIOD
You have absolutely no idea what the word "right" means.

Zubz

Banned
Oh wow, I forgot I never actually bought 2064 (Thought I got it on sale & it was in my backlog). I'm proud of them for doing this; I'm just going to buy it now/pay day at full price to show support.

This comes across as petty, and insulting to people who had justifiable and understandable reasons to vote for him. They should encourage anyone to play their game and keep divisive and exclusionary political views out of it.

Fuck trump though.

No. Fuck every single Trump supporter. There is no justifiable reason to vote for absolute Nazi scum.

GonzoCR

Do you understand that voting for someone does not mean you agree with 100% of their views? And no, I did not vote for him, but people had every right to, and saying they dont deserve their rights and freedoms to choose what they do/do not support, is disgusting

Yeah but whoever voted for him decided that whatever reason they had was more important than, you know, minorities being discriminated, which is almost as bad.

Do you understand that voting for someone does not mean you agree with 100% of their views? And no, I did not vote for him, but people had every right to, and saying they dont deserve their rights and freedoms to choose what they do/do not support, is disgusting
Someone may not agree with 100% of their chosen candidate's views, but by voting for them, they are still supporting and perpetuating those views.

And no one is banned from buying the game due to who they voted for. No rights or freedoms are being trampled here, at least not by the development team.

delume

Yes, more of this please. Was looking forward to 2064, more so now, and it looks like a perfect post-RE7 game.

Oberon

Banned
This comes across as petty, and insulting to people who had justifiable and understandable reasons to vote for him. They should encourage anyone to play their game and keep divisive and exclusionary political views out of it.

Fuck trump though.

So you're saying that they're insulting nobody?

soccergod

Banned
Lmao alt accounts coming out of nowhere. How do people sit on burners for years?!

low post count doesnt mean its a burner account, it means someone isnt an active member of the forums. Dont make assumptions, this thread shouldnt even exist on the gaming forum, it should be in Off Topic because it has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

Didn't vote for Trump but leave politics out of your games please.

Why should they have to if they don't want to? It's also rather naive to assume that all or even most games are completely apolitical.

low post count doesnt mean its a burner account, it means someone isnt an active member of the forums. Dont make assumptions, this thread shouldnt even exist on the gaming forum, it should be in Off Topic because it has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.

The mods do a fine job of determining which threads are suitable for which board.

III-V

Thanks ill all avoid all your shit games.

Viva Le Trump, ban them all make murica great for once.

3Yc1ybM.gif

Fuck trump though.

There was no justifiable or understandable reason to vote for Trump.

Usobuko

Banned
More developers should do this, easier for me to identify where my money should go.

I will buy every VR game that gives Occulus the middle finger for example.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
low post count doesnt mean its a burner account, it means someone isnt an active member of the forums. Dont make assumptions, this thread shouldnt even exist on the gaming forum, it should be in OT because it has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself.
Sorry, I don't believe you. 9/10 it's someone trying not to get banned on their regular account because they know they're posting some inflammatory/wrong statement. You're free to prove me wrong though.

soccergod

Banned
Sorry, I don't believe you. 9/10 it's someone trying not to get banned on their regular account because they know they're posting some inflammatory/wrong statement. You're free to prove me wrong though.

how exactly can anyone prove/disprove that? You can't prove a negative

Top Bottom