• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Rich!

jNNIzktNUaxzN.png

jUY5YLSKpd0Gs.png

After four long years since 24 ended with a gloriously bloody rampage of death and destruction courtesy of Jack Bauer, the legend returns. And now he's in London!

ANY SPOILERS FOR UPCOMING EPISODES ***MUST*** BE IN SPOILER TAGS!

Regular TV thread rules apply:
  • Once something airs in the US on the East Coast, it's fair game. Feel free to discuss anything that has aired without using spoiler tags.
  • Anything that hasn't aired yet should be spoiler tagged including information from FOX/SKY previews, loglines, trailers, interviews, and a few other places.
  • Speculation about future plotlines iswelcome and encouraged.

i3qaTSYPxAMWc.gif

24: Live Another Day is an upcoming 24 limited event television series. Set four years after the events of season 8, the series will loosely adhere to the real time concept; while it will still cover the events of a single day with each episode corresponding to an hour, there will be jumps forward in time between certain episodes. The series will begin with a two-hour premiere on May 5, 2014

i8oYajTpr2JnJ.gif

Four years after dishing out his own brand of justice and evading capture, Jack Bauer finds himself on the run in London; once again, he attempts to thwart a global disaster. Meanwhile, Jack's closest confidante Chloe O'Brian has been aiding and abetting the federal fugitive.

iwlLyaEJgcC4v.gif

It starts with a two-episode premiere on Monday 5th May 8/7c on FOX and then the same time each week from that point on.

In the UK, the show will air on Sky One each Wednesday, with the premiere airing on 7th May at 9pm. Don't wait to wait that long? Sky are broadcasting the premiere the day before (1am on Tuesday 6th) to coincide with the USA premiere. Perfect for GAF!

ibo0NtTMY9fvGg.gif

Kiefer Sutherland as Jack Bauer – An ex-CTU (Counter Terrorist Unit) agent who is extremely proficient and experienced in tactical field operations and highly successful in obtaining results. As Jack continues to be largely responsible for the prevention of multiple terrorist attacks in the United States and abroad, he suffers great personal expense and is deeply affected by the actions he takes. These actions include frequent use of torture and killings, often because of betrayals that resulted in the targeting of people close to Jack.

Mary Lynn Rajskub as Chloe O'Brian – A brilliant systems analyst who is loyal to Jack and willing to risk her job and freedom in order to go along with his "ends justify the means" mentality. Chloe was last seen as Interim CTU Director. In an extended scene of the season 8 DVD, she is seen being arrested by the FBI in her home for helping Jack escape the authorities.

Kim Raver as Audrey Raines – A committed and passionate woman with a tragic past, who fell in love with Jack. She was last seen in the final scenes of season 6, when Jack realized he had to say goodbye to a catatonic Audrey. She is currently married to her father's Chief of Staff, Mark Boudreau.

William Devane as President James Heller – Served as Secretary of Defense of the United States and is also Audrey's father. When last seen, Heller convinced Jack to leave Audrey alone after he saw him as a threat to her well-being.

Michael Wincott as Adrian Cross – An 'infamous hacker' and a charismatic leader of the free information movement.

Gbenga Akinnagbe as Erik Ritter – A strong, sharp, arrogant and ambitious CIA field operative.

Giles Matthey as Jordan Reed – A smart and sophisticated CIA computer tech.

Yvonne Strahovski as Kate Morgan – A brilliant but impulsive CIA field operative in London.

Benjamin Bratt as Steve Navarro – The head of CIA operations tracking Jack Bauer in London.

Tate Donovan as Mark Boudreau – White House Chief of Staff, also the husband of Audrey Raines.

Stephen Fry as British Prime Minister Alastair Davies. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Michelle Fairley as Margot Al-Harazi - a British national and widow of a notorious terrorist

Special Non-Appearing Guest Star:

Carlos Bernard as Tony Almeida - now running CTU Tokyo as a punishment for his crimes in 24 Season 7.

ibbKQJ1Y69nK5n.gif

Pretty much everyone from 24 is back. Howard Gordon is producing with series creator Robert Cochran along with director Jon Cassar. David Fury, Manny Coto and Brannon Braga are back on writing duty and Sean Callery is back for the music. Joel Surnow (series co-creator) is involved with writing.

i2JTbeF2udehm.gif

The Clock Starts Ticking
Risk
Hero
Enemy
Movie Style Promo

“Jack Is Back” Special: Segment 1
“Jack Is Back” Special: Segment 2
“Jack Is Back” Special: Segment 3
“Jack Is Back” Special: Segment 4

ilScuocvQw7UH.gif

Can't remember what happened in 24? Luckily for you, IGN did some recap videos for each season. They can be found here:

Season 1: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/12/24-season-one-recap
Season 2: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/19/24-season-two-recap
Season 3: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/03/27/24-season-3-recap
Season 4: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/02/24-season-4-recap
Season 5: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/09/24-season-5-recap
Season 6: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/16/24-recap-season-6
Season 7: http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/04/23/24-season-7-recap
Season 8: coming soon

iDuHDnnIEnYrO.gif

iAFqZ68dma3Xf.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

iuIHEYL49nJjj.gif
iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif

and finally...here's an edit of the 24: Live Another Day clips of Bauer I put together as a webm. get hype:

http://a.pomf.se/veswkb.webm

enjoy the show. Can't believe I've been watching 24 for 13 years now - literally half my life.

MIMIC

Banned
It feels weird having not made this thread =p

I've only loosely been keeping up with the new series, so I'm glad that my "so....how is this gonna work?" question was answered:

24: Live Another Day is an upcoming 24 limited event television series. Set four years after the events of season 8, the series will loosely adhere to the real time concept; while it will still cover the events of a single day with each episode corresponding to an hour, there will be jumps forward in time between certain episodes. The series will begin with a two-hour premiere on May 5, 2014

Rich!

Looking forward to see how London looks in this.

going by Jon Cassar's twitter...

...it's gonna look wet and miserable. lol - they were filming during the horrendous weather in Feb. A few key scenes in the first few episodes are in the rain.

On the whole though, it'll look the best 24 has ever looked.

iNvid02

cool thread, i was hoping to go through the series again before this came out but only got as far as season 3 episode 3. its been years so its a blast to rewatch, i think im going to carry on and just watch this when im finished.

Newlove

What video is that gif from where Jack pushes someone up against a car? I can't remember that from any of the trailers.

Rich!

Oh yeah, and they're now shooting the last few episodes, according to twitter sources

First time 24 has been entirely mapped out from beginning to end before shooting (S7 came close). And it's almost all filmed too. Means it'll be a tight storyline with no filler!

Rich!

Here's a photo of Stephen Fry as Prime Minister Davies, but I think I'll keep the melchett pic up for now

tumblr_n216ga2bxv1sqm7rzo1_500.jpg

Clegg

Rankings?

Best: Junkie Jack 24

Worst: Nuke in LA 24. In a show that stretched the limits of credulity, this was the incident that turned it into farce.

SJRB

Gold Member
You might be right, eitherway he has no chance of surviving the season. There's a nice big explosion with his name on it.

Let's hope Jack at least gets the chance to brutally torture him, preferably in front of Audrey.

Rich!

Rankings?

Best: Junkie Jack 24

Worst: Nuke in LA 24.In a show that stretched the limits of credulity, this was the incident that turned it into farce.

From order of best to worst imo:

1. Season 5 (best villain - how could you beat that?!, best twists, no fucking filler!)
2. Season 7 (tightly plotted, badass Bill Buchanan team, little to no filler)
3. Season 4 (starts slow, but ends up with the best cast line-up and awesome scenes)
4. Season 2 (some of the best highs in the entire series, marred with some of the lowest lows - like Kim's story).
5. Season 3 (takes too long to get going. odd season. Ryan Chappelle saves it).
6. Season 1 (it's how it started. still great. dennis hopper is awesome. shit sideplots. REALLY showing it's age now. Bauer is very...normal)
7. Season 8 (last few episodes are extraordinary. the 17 before that are terrible).
8. season 6. it's shit.

richisawesome webm please, it deserves to be here

later, sure. I'm off to bed.

Having never watched 24, I told myself I'f catch up before the new season started. That didn't happen. Will just catch up by watching the ign videos.

Tugatrix

Having never watched 24, I told myself I'f catch up before the new season started. That didn't happen. Will just catch up by watching the ign videos.

You can't catch up with that, they are too short and miss many key points in the show. You can watch this season knowing nothing and later see the previous that is my advice.

Ok richisawesome later then

Clegg

1. Season 5 (best villain - how could you beat that?!, best twists, no fucking filler!)
3. Season 4 (starts slow, but ends up with the best cast line-up and awesome scenes)
4. Season 2 (some of the best highs in the entire series, marred with some of the lowest lows - like Kim's story).
6. Season 1 (it's how it started. still great. dennis hopper is awesome. shit sideplots. REALLY showing it's age now. Bauer is very...normal)
7. Season 8 (last few episodes are extraordinary. the 17 before that are terrible).
8. season 6. it's shit.

S6 was the one where Jack's family were basically the Patriots?

I enjoyed it simply because they were aping Metal Gear Solid.

Can't wait for this. 24 was the show that got me into watching TV, really. My first real serialized television drama. Balls to the wall action kept me hooked every week. So excited for this miniseries.

Let's hope there aren't any cougars.

Slowdive

Banned

You don't really need to know anything previously going into this season, if I were you I wouldn't watch those IGN videos, and catch up on the series after this one, you'll be missing out on amazing TV.

Bishop89

I cant believe it. Best television u could ever watch. Hopefully it shows next week in australia. None of this wait 1 week after US crap we usually get :mad:

Also I wasnt around on gaf when 24 aired but I heard there were some MASSIVE threads...PER EPISODE! Hope that happens again. Slightly disappointed this OT hasnt exploded yet (ye ye, I know no new episodes have aired but still!)

Nameless

Day 7 is the only season to falter down the stretch and end with a whimper. The first 3/4 is solid-great, then absolute dog shit. My least favorite stretch of the series by far.

gdt

Man I'm ready for this. I was waiting for it to end during Season 8 but now I'm ready for it to start.

8. season 6. it's shit.

Cannot argue with the season rankings, but I'll say that Season 8's last 7 episodes are among the best in the series because of everything that came before it. The best field agent snaps, and the bodies and blame kept piling up.

Top Bottom