• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Fevaweva

I just made a better GIF:

ibyblDQbVFLze8.gif

imo it's one of the best episode of the entire series

Totally forgot about the car part. Man what a great episode that was.

Rich!

I remember the time just before Season 6's finale was airing, and there were serious rumours going around that Tony would turn up at the end. I think half the people on GAF believed it and the other half were like lol no way. and then we were all disappointed when he didn't come back. we all kinda accepted he wasn't coming back

then season 7 happened

Hystzen

and talking about that scene - how the fuck did Tony know there would be a car there?

Because it's Tony look at the back up plans he made at end season. He knew the guy kidnapped was going try warn people had agents in place and soon heard Kim was around set up another back up plan using her

Rich!

Because it's Tony look at the back up plans he made at end season. He knew the guy kidnapped was going try warn people had agents in place and soon heard Kim was around set up another back up plan using her

and christopher henderson missed the artery on purpose

I remember the time just before Season 6's finale was airing, and there were serious rumours going around that Tony would turn up at the end. I think half the people on GAF believed it and the other half were like lol no way. and then we were all disappointed when he didn't come back. we all kinda accepted he wasn't coming back

then season 7 happened

I don't think they ever filmed it but the rumour was true, maybe they leaked it after scrapping it..

Vally

Here in Spain it airs the 8th of May. The Spanish title is "24: El día final" (The final day), wtf are they thinking. I wonder how they'll name the next seasons if there are more after this one.

edit: ah, apparently they changed it at the last minute and now it's "Vive otro día" which is a literal translation, much better

GUYS, Carlos Bernard is REALLY busy doing guest spots on mid-tier procedurals. How 'bout a little respect for the man's career, HUH?!

I don't care how you do it, writers. Even if it's LAD S2!

but...it still is!

no idea how long it'll be up on the UK Netflix however.

Oh snap!! I often wonder if the removal is to hype the new season and to give the onslaught of DVD marketing to drive up the hype. I wish it was still on US Netflix cause it's just convenient haha.

Tugatrix

Here in Spain it airs the 8th of May. The Spanish title is "24: El día final" (The final day), wtf are they thinking. I wonder how they'll name the next seasons if there are more after this one.

edit: ah, apparently they changed it at the last minute and now it's "Vive otro día" which is a literal translation, much better

not unusual, when I used to saw spanish tv I discover some weird translations.

Still doesn't know when will it air in Portugal, hope RTP2 don't dissapoint. They usually didn't had a great delay(a week or two) and in the end of the season we have a marathon like they did for all seasons of 24

Great read, thanks for posting!

Unrelated, but does anyone know where to find good, official 24 merch? I want to get some t-shirts but the ones on offer through FOX are terrible:
http://shop.fox.com/24-dammit-chloe-digital-t-shirt/detail.php?p=557334
http://shop.fox.com/24-digital-jack-is-back-t-shirt/detail.php?p=551301
http://shop.fox.com/24-logo-t-shirt/detail.php?p=551291

Also, are we going to "24-ize" our avatars? We should! The little "24" logo on rich's avatar is classy as all get out.

I can't even remember if Tony is still alive, but dammit bring him back either way!
He's alive but in prison. And when we last saw him, freshly shot.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
5 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 8

After recently watching S8 for the first time since its original airing, I found it to be a lot better than I remembered; it's just my least favorite (I like them all, honestly). The first 1/3 is pretty slow, but it definitely gets better as it goes on.

I probably have the most gripes with S4, which I only put above S7 because it feels more like classic 24, and has some great characters in it. Aside from that, it's always seemed to me to be the first season that really started to get egregious with blatant stalling and ridiculously circuitous plotlines. Miraculously, the writers completely turned this around with S5, which was just non-fucking-stop action-packed awesomeness. It didn't feel like there was a single wasted episode.

5 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 8

After recently watching S8 for the first time since its original airing, I found it to be a lot better than I remembered; it's just my least favorite (I like them all, honestly). The first 1/3 is pretty slow, but it definitely gets better as it goes on.

I probably have the most gripes with S4, which I only put above S7 because it feels more like classic 24, and has some great characters in it. Aside from that, it's always seemed to me to be the first season that really started to get egregious with blatant stalling and ridiculously circuitous plotlines. Miraculously, the writers completely turned this around with S5, which was just non-fucking-stop action-packed awesomeness. It didn't feel like there was a single wasted episode.

I just hate that Kim left Chase. They should of had that baby together dammit!

Dysun

I'll throw in my rankings too, because why not

5 > 4 > 2 > 1 > 3 > 7 > 8 > 6

I really liked 4, it had the best cast members even if it went jump the shark at times. 5 is obviously the gold standard with the best twists and least padding. 1 was the originator, although it had too much filler when they didn't know if it was going to get renewed. 2 and 3 are a bit of a mixed bag for me, the Kim stuff was a drag but it had Jack at his best. 7 was a nice rebound for 6, although I didn't like how they wrapped up Tony's arc, better than how he went out in 5 admittedly but still. 6 started off strong but lost its way pretty fast, and 8 was weak until the final 8 episodes.

Tapejara

Someone made a Killcount video until season 7, I think it deserves to be here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08uJanZEeMo

The kill at 1:46 is still one of my favourite scenes.

Great read, thanks for posting!

Unrelated, but does anyone know where to find good, official 24 merch? I want to get some t-shirts but the ones on offer through FOX are terrible:
http://shop.fox.com/24-dammit-chloe-digital-t-shirt/detail.php?p=557334
http://shop.fox.com/24-digital-jack-is-back-t-shirt/detail.php?p=551301
http://shop.fox.com/24-logo-t-shirt/detail.php?p=551291

Also, are we going to "24-ize" our avatars? We should! The little "24" logo on rich's avatar is classy as all get out.

He's alive but in prison. And when we last saw him, freshly shot.

If someone's up for it, I would love a little 24 logo on my avatar :).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Can't believe how soon it'll be.

1 week.

Live watcher since Episode 1. Still want to see the unedited Mandy Plane crash scene..

Rich!

They should give Emmys for scenes =p

If so, then Ryan Chappelle's last scene would be the clear winner. Anyway...

Director list is up:

Episodes 1 and 2: Jon Cassar
Episodes 3 and 4: Adam Kane
Episodes 5 and 6: Omar Madha
Episodes 7 and 8: Jon Cassar
Episodes 9 and 10: Milan Cheylov
Episodes 11 and 12: Jon Cassar

So, literally half the series is a Cassar job. That's a very good thing. Cheylov is great too (his last work with 24 was the last two eps of Season 8.

Adam Kane and Omar Madha are newbies to 24 - although Adam Kane happens to be married to Leslie Hope (Teri Bauer), who was on the 24: LAD set a few weeks ago!

satriales

My rankings:

S4: Despite the fact that the plot makes no sense, I'd still consider this the best all-around season of the show. Everything just fires on all cylinders - the action scenes are placed outside of the standard "end of episode" format, twists and turns in every episode, Jack teaming up with Tony to do field work, lots of interesting supporting characters, an episode that focused primarily on random civilians (the nuclear football one) that worked really well, Curtis coming to the forefront, the supporting characters from S1-3 slowly worked back into the fold, that killer ending...I can't say enough great things about it. This is when 24 was must see television.

S4 was easily the worst season IMO. Every episode was just an excuse for a mindless action scene. There was none of the build-up or suspense from the previous seasons.

Vally

Forbes review: '24: Live Another Day' Brings Purpose Back To Jack Bauer
The audience is given reason to care about Jack and his associates again because events are given reason to matter again. [...] Here, much like in seasons one and two, everything ties together. The plot Jack’s trying to stop has a direct connection to the lives of multiple supporting characters he’s yet to interact with. It’s this dynamic that made the show great once, and will make it great once again.

Top Bottom