• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Tugatrix

first proper clip - light spoilers, but nothing that hasn't already been shown in trailers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6lbS6LjKbc#t=26

goddamn, THAT is 24. the music, split screen, cinematography...everything. it's like it's never been gone. that could be a clip from any of Season 3 up to Season 8. awww yeeah

Smooth Bauer serving himself as a trojan horse to get to a prisoner

In terms of Image quality it's different, is more BBCish the colour pallet is more balance to cool colours and with less contrast

mrklaw

MrArseFace
I think I've only seen the last two seasons. Is it worth catching up properly, or should I just watch the recaps from IGN?

Rich!

I think I've only seen the last two seasons. Is it worth catching up properly, or should I just watch the recaps from IGN?

Don't watch the recaps.

24:Live Another Day will reference very little of 24 other than Jack Bauer's actions at the end of season 8 (pissed off the government) and how the fallout affected Chloe. You'll also find out that Heller and Audrey survive what happened previously (obviously). Everything else will be unspoiled.

Watch 24:LAD, and if you like it, watch 24 in order. AVOID ALL SPOILERS.

When you get to Season 5 and THAT MOMENT happens, you'll be glad you followed my advice.

Smooth Bauer serving himself as a trojan horse to get to a prisoner

In terms of Image quality it's different, is more BBCish the colour pallet is more balance to cool colours and with less contrast

It's a lot better and looks far more high budget than before. It's going to be the best looking 24 yet for sure.

edit:

Here's another short clip, but it's only available to those in the USA or through a VPN

http://www.24spoilers.com/2014/05/01/24-live-another-day-sneak-peek-jack-chloe/

It's...fucking bizarre seeing 24 action on a typical UK street. I'm all confused.

Very disheartening to hear Kiefer last on Letterman to say this is a one-off deal. I could've sworn awhile back that if this new season became a hit, there could be more seasons.

Rich!

Very disheartening to hear Kiefer last on Letterman to say this is a one-off deal. I could've sworn awhile back that if this new season became a hit, there could be more seasons.

That's exactly what Mary Lynn Rajskub said yesterday in a similar interview. It's also what Howard Gordon said recently too.

Fact of the matter is, it could go either way - Kiefer's just being cautious I guess. It really depends on ratings.

Nameless

That's exactly what Mary Lynn Rajskub said yesterday in a similar interview. It's also what Howard Gordon said recently too.

Fact of the matter is, it could go either way - Kiefer's just being cautious I guess. It really depends on ratings.

Also as the star of the series it's a smart move not to outwardly commit to future seasons in this situation. It gives him more leverage to negotiate If the ratings are strong enough to warrant more 24.

Rich!

Also as the star of the series it's a smart move not to outwardly commit to future seasons in this situation. It gives him more leverage to negotiate If the ratings are strong enough to warrant more 24.

yeah

fact is - look at what they said in 2010...and here we are

Rich!

What this soon on monday?!

I still need to marathon the 24 series. Oh well, good times ahead atleast.

Like I said before, 24: LAD likely won't reference previous seasons a huge deal. It's largely a stand-alone thing. Watch it first, avoid ALL spoilers for 1-8, then watch them.

Tugatrix

I was kind of hoping that if LAD was successful they could resurrect the show for a few more seasons but only if the quality justifies it, I don't want 24 to become a CSI that runs forever with mediocre quality

Wasn't keeping up in posting these, but:

bmQ6nHP.jpg

AHhhH! On season 4 right now. I think I;m just going to wait till I am fully caught up before watching the new ones. Then I can binge watch those too haha.

Vally

Season 7 had some awesome villains, Dubaku or Jonas Hodges should've been on that list instead of Alan Wilson

Mandy's still in play, too... Do they dare? Would anyone care or remember?

When she appeared in Season 4 I didn't even remember her, until Aaron Pierce pointed out that she was the one who attacked Palmer at the end of S2... her returning would be great but I'm not holding out much hope

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
The blurb about Logan's potential to return...

I mean, he was only technically alive. They'll have to pull some MGS4 Shenanigans to have a Logan Return.

Rich!

Mandy is a win-win for the 24 crew. She would bring some decent conflict to the plot due to her history, and the fans love her.

The blurb about Logan's potential to return...

I mean, he was only technically alive. They'll have to pull some MGSV Shenanigans to have a Logan Return.

Futurama_nixons_head.png

Rich!

3 days left!!!!! Also, slight spoiler about the intro:

the standard 24 intro is in, along with sutherland's "the following takes place...." and "events occur in real time"

eliza0224

I can't fucking wait. It's been hard not to see any trailers! Sadly it premieres on Tuesday for Latin America, so we gotta wait an extra day on this side of the world :(

Vally

The Huffington Post review has another little detail about the intro (not a big deal but I wish I hadn't spoiled myself about it)

"The following takes place between 11:06 a.m. and 12:00 p.m."

Seems there's going to be a 5 minutes cold open

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
So i just finished watching Pompeii...

It was really hard to watch this movie, every time Kiefer is in scene i was expecting him to yell "Damn it!" and proceed to kill everyone on screen with his pistol :p

Top Bottom