• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

24 is pretty much my favorite thing ever, so my hype levels can't be charted with man-made technology. Please be a worthy return.

I really hope this is going to be awesome. Very glad Jack is back, if (when!) its a success I wonder if they'll go back to season 9.

Either way, Sunday night TV is so good right now.

Tapejara

Fuckin' hyped! So glad Audrey is making a return. It's a shame we won't see
Reneé

Edit: To be clear that's not a Live Another Day spoiler. It's an already deceased character from the latter seasons.

Tapejara

Well
she didn't die on-screen
. : P

Haha.
Well if Tony could come back...

As much as I like Renee, it'd probably end up in a Jack/Renee/Audrey love triangle anyway. The only question is, would that be a worse subplot than "Lost Kim" and "Amnesia Teri?"

My body is not ready for this. I am so EFFING PUMPED FOR THIS!!!!!!!!! Someone make me a badass 1080p wallpaper of Jack Baur for my pc STAT! lol ;)

You can't catch up with that, they are too short and miss many key points in the show. You can watch this season knowing nothing and later see the previous that is my advice.

Ok richisawesome later then

You don't really need to know anything previously going into this season, if I were you I wouldn't watch those IGN videos, and catch up on the series after this one, you'll be missing out on amazing TV.

Ah ok, thought there might be some overlap. Thanks for the advice I'll wait to watch the rest.

Servbot24

Banned
Haha.
Well if Tony could come back...

As much as I like Renee, it'd probably end up in a Jack/Renee/Audrey love triangle anyway. The only question is, would that be worse subplot than "Lost Kim" and "Amnesia Teri?"

At list the Kim subplot was comically bad... love triangle would be genuinely awful though :(

Betty

Banned
iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif

I love this! Man I missed 24.

Personal season rankings time! 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 7 >>>>>>>> 8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6

S5 is the best season
S6 is complete and utter shit

How the other seasons order themselves between those two just depends on the day. Ask me one day and I'll say one thing, ask me the next day and I'll say something else.

Tapejara

iEvhnuZkVdiu5.gif

I love this! Man I missed 24.

Personal season rankings time! 3 > 5 > 2 > 1 > 4 > 7 >>>>>>>> 8 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 6

7>5>4>3>6>8>2>1.

I know people are going to think I'm crazy for putting season six above two and one, but I have a reason. For one thing, the Kim and Teri subplots make those seasons absolutely unwatchable for me. As well, seasons six was the first season of 24 I ever watched, so there's a bit of nostalgia there for me.

Couldn't tell if this was real or parody...

BmHBn9CCIAEnCFr.jpg

Why has Chloe gone emo/punk/goth chick? Jack's big mouth and photoshop looking arm.

Nobility

Banned
I have been waiting four years for this moment to come.

They said this day would never come...what are they to say now...

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't believe it's almost here!

paparazzo

Sooo ready for this. It feels surreal that it's coming back.

Btw, why aren't we doing weekly threads like before? Then again I noticed Breaking Bad had a few OTs so I guess weekly threads are a thing of the past now?

So ready for this.
Sooo ready for this. It feels surreal that it's coming back.

Btw, why aren't we doing weekly threads like before? Then again I noticed Breaking Bad had a few OTs so I guess weekly threads are a thing of the past now?
Doesn't make sense anymore. If GOT can't get those than neither can this.

Boss Mog

What is this 12 hour stuff in the title? I thought they said it was 12 x 2-hour episodes, meaning 24 hours total. I remember them saying they decided to do it that way because if it wasn't 24 hours then it couldn't really be 24 in their eyes.

Lingitiz

Boss★Moogle;109773106 said:
What is this 12 hour stuff in the title? I thought they said it was 12 x 2-hour episodes, meaning 24 hours total. I remember them saying they decided to do it that way because if it wasn't 24 hours then it couldn't really be 24 in their eyes.

It will still be 1hr episodes, but they'll skip a few hours here and there. It'll be 24 in the sense that it portrays a whole day I guess.

Sober

My body is so fucking ready.

I still remember the days of episode threads on GAF. Glorious.

Where is that gif from season 7 where Jack tackles Tony off the boat or whatever? Fucking glorious.

I hope we have more satellite coverage between now and the premiere!!

I am quite ready!

5 > 1 > 2 > 3 > 4 > 7 > 6 > 8

All good except for 6 and 8

1 > 2 > 5 > 4 > 7 > 8 > 3 > 6

My ranking changes all the time though - 3 and 6 are always down the bottom, Season 3's second half is stellar but the first half's slowness lets the season down overall
I always get the chills at the moment where Michelle fakes being infected after being at the hotel, to fool those guys and attempt her escape. The first time i was like oh no she's gone from not being able to be infected to being infected. I suspend disbelief and act like i havn't seen it before every time lol.

ZenaxPure

Holy shit I didn't realize this was actually coming so soon... Especially with such a dry spell in tv, was worried about not having anything to watch in a few weeks.

Also gotta be honest, Chloe's new look is hot.

Browny

Banned
So looking forward to this. I watched all the previous seasons on DVD, gorging on 4 or 6 a night (so watching each series in a week or so). Not sure if I can cope with a week between episodes,, so may have to TiVo them and watch all at once.

Also, time to dig out the 24 drinking game rules, I think! Dammit! *takes a shot*

Thezez

Banned
So ready. My ranking: 5>1>3>7>8>2>6>4.
Fun fact, I met my wife on a 24 forum back in the day (almost 8 years ago now, wow!)

The only reason why I remotely enjoyed season 6 was because of the tons of "STFU IM TALKING" moments and multiple "OH YOU THOUGHT IT WAS OVER, WELL THINK AGAIN!" twists lol.

I am SO FREAKING HYPED for this new season. I wish they would release all the seasons on blu-ray. I wish they would do another game too.

Vally

My ranking would be

5>8>4>7>2>3>1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>6

S2 would be even better that S5 in my opinion if it weren't for all the stupid Kim filler.

The first half of S8 is also plagued with shit subplots but the second half is amazing and more than makes up for it. That season would have really benefited from this new 12 episodes format.

My rankings:

S4: Despite the fact that the plot makes no sense, I'd still consider this the best all-around season of the show. Everything just fires on all cylinders - the action scenes are placed outside of the standard "end of episode" format, twists and turns in every episode, Jack teaming up with Tony to do field work, lots of interesting supporting characters, an episode that focused primarily on random civilians (the nuclear football one) that worked really well, Curtis coming to the forefront, the supporting characters from S1-3 slowly worked back into the fold, that killer ending...I can't say enough great things about it. This is when 24 was must see television.

S5: Still a damn good season, but not as good as S4. The pacing and action are all top-notch, but some goofy elements start creeping in, like Tony's "death", Henderson's extreme resilence, the padded-out airport siege, the "Bluetooth council" and Jack's ridiculous stunt on the passenger plane. Still, lots of great moments in this one that pay off for long-time viewers.

S1: Still pops because of the off-kilter pacing, surprise twists, soundtrack and action scenes, which are still some of the best in the series precisely because of how grounded they feel. That said, a number of subplots are crap (Alberta Greene taking over CTU, the assassin's relationship with the campaign staffer, Kim getting taken hostage twice in one day, the horrible amnesia subplot), but overall, it still is very good.

S8: Starts out with promise, loses the plot for half a season, then comes back with some of the best episodes of the series' run. No nonsense action and plot twists at the end, Jack going balls-out dark to accomplish his goals and the status quo being shaken up majorly.

S7: Kind of ambivalent about it, due to the fact that it all blended together. A few standout moments (the White House siege, Tony's reveal/underlying loyalties), some great character moments and good supporting characters.

S3: Just the various definition of the word "meandering". Lots of subplots that go nowhere (Kyle Singer, the Claudia/Mexico connection), lots of action scenes that felt like they were phoning it in (the assault on the MI6 offices, the final fight) and some wonky characterization. However, it also has a couple of my favorite moments from the series (the shootout between CTU/Saunders' men and the airstrike in ep. 22, Chloe taking center stage and proving her value to the company, Chappelle's death).

S2: Yes, it's worse than season 3. Nobody acts normally - Kim constantly doing stupid things, white supremacists randomly showing up, Jack jumping back into his trigger-happy mode like it's no big deal, Mason going out to investigate a site on his own, etc, etc. I loved it at the time, but the Kim subplot and wasted pacing in the back half of the season just throw it off completely. I hated it.

S6: Starts out amazingly for the first four episodes (the nuke, Jack rescuing Al-Assad and Curtis' death), then goes all downhill. Retconned or made characters the inverse of who they were, weird action beats, bizarre family drama. Almost uniformly terrible all the way around.

Have u been on a media blackout?

More like ignored the series for a long while back when the family used to watch it together. Last thing I remember is Tony and his wife died, the muslim couple being interrogated, and that's about it.

There was a billboard in our town for it, and I was like "is this series still alive?!" lol

Rich!

More like ignored the series for a long while back when the family used to watch it together. Last thing I remember is Tony and his wife died, the muslim couple being interrogated, and that's about it.

There was a billboard in our town for it, and I was like "is this series still alive?!" lol

ohhh boy

you have a lot of catching up to do, son. hint: those gifs above from Season 7.

and talking about that scene - how the fuck did Tony know there would be a car there? Lucky Bill was on the scene because Tony could have ended up with two broken legs.

Top Bottom