• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

24: Live Another Day |OT| Game of Drones

Bishop89

Click this link below, for a picture of the main character in the 7 minute blu-ray feature. Be warned, thar be spoilers abound:

giphy.gif

That's not that spoilery.

We've been known the deal regarding that extra.

Sarah Walker's going to bail Antonio out of SuperMax, they're going to hook up with Chloe, find Zombie Bill Buchanon and then ride out to Russia. Prelude to Season 10

I still think the best way to do another 12 episode series would be have the remaining Jack allies spend the first 4 episodes breaking Jack out, then 12 hours later they've back in LA for Jack tearing shit up again.

You get a meaningful time jump, it helps make the thing a little more believable, and we get a season 10.

What are the chances of getting another season? Or was this just a special, one-time thing?

Officially this was a special one time thing but the season did well ratings wise and critically, everyone seems to want more Bauer, Sutherland included, so I'd say getting another season is more likely to happen than not.

I feel like there will be a 10 season. That chart that I posted was made by Fox this past week and it seems like they are trying to paint it as a much larger success than it was.

If there is a 10th season, hopefully it's on in the Fall where its audience would probably be larger. I think a 12 episode season from October - December would be pretty successful. However, ditch the Monday at 9 PM slot (hearsay, I know, but NFL football is definitely staunch competition).

Hope that's a bridge scene. HYPE!

Yes, it is a bridge scene. Bagg Street Productions, the team that produced this feature and other stuff for FOX has this listed as: MARKETING and HOME ENTERTAINMENT SPECIAL FEATURES and EXCLUSIVE BRIDGE SCENE

http://www.baggstreet.com/b/#ourwork

Wiktor

There will not be another season. The viewership was too small.

I don't think american live ratings matter all that much for a show like this. At least not anywhere near as much as they used to. Between strong international markets and digital platforms it's a brand new world where it's hard to predict what makes money and what doesn't.

liquidtmd

Banned
Thanks to the recent success of Live Another Day, it looks like talks about the 24 movie are heating up again...

http://tvline.com/2014/09/01/24-movie-kiefer-sutherland-release-date-feature-film/

Grrahh. After a flawed and mixed S7 and S8 with good and bad, I thought they finally got the balance spot on with 12 episode run.

I'm a big 24 fan I really am, but a movie just doesn't do it for me. They'd justifiably want to make quite big changes for the format. S10 plz Fox

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Grrahh. After a flawed and mixed S7 and S8 with good and bad, I thought they finally got the balance spot on with 12 episode run.

I'm a big 24 fan I really am, but a movie just doesn't do it for me. They'd justifiably want to make quite big changes for the format. S10 plz Fox
I'm with you; I feel like this will just go nowhere again. The only way I can see it working is if it's a stopgap because another season just isn't feasible for whatever reason.

Rich!

rewatched S5 E01 on netflix earlier (yeah, 24 is still on the UK netflix!).

it got to the part where Jack is on the phone to chloe, and he goes into his room and unscrews a ventilation plate on the wall to reveal his trusty bag to the sound of the 24 theme tune blaring out as soon as he puts it on

it says a lot about the show that such a scene is totally badass. it's a fucking bag.

Thanks to the recent success of Live Another Day, it looks like talks about the 24 movie are heating up again...

http://tvline.com/2014/09/01/24-movie-kiefer-sutherland-release-date-feature-film/

The fact that they're fighting over a movie vs another miniseries is beautiful. After season 8 is was "We might not do a movie because who cares?". This alternative is much better.

I say do a movie about how he gets out of Russia. Fun action flick with a mystery element, then have another season back at home in LA doing the usual.

liquidtmd

Banned
I'm with you; I feel like this will just go nowhere again. The only way I can see it working is if it's a stopgap because another season just isn't feasible for whatever reason.

I just think the momentums gone for a movie. In hindsight and from a narrative, audience and financial POV I think if they were going to do a movie they should have kinda done what the X-Files did and filmed / released after Series 4 or Series 5 at a push then gone back to Series 6 or whatever (even if it meant delaying the subsequent season)

Jack going on the run at the end of Series 4 leading into a mass mainstream movie would have been a good jumping in point and lead to many decent possibilties at a plot for it (as much as I liked the actual Season 5), or alternatively Series 5 ending leading into a movie about a POW Jack breaking out or being prisoner exchanged (easily explainable to the unfamilar as a familar trope in fiction is a guy coming out of capitivity / retirement / the toilet to face a bigger threat / the world having changed).

If the movie had hit after Series 5, we could have avoided S6 and the Team may have been refreshed enough creatively from the experience to have hit the ground running and integrated the many good ideas S7 did have into S6

As such - I'm happy we got a strong 12 ep S9 and implore just one more run to get Jack that happy ending. Or at least not another cliffhanger

Top Bottom