• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 ID@Xbox Games announced.

Glad Hyper Light Drifter is official now. Can't wait to play it.

List looks great though and I'm glad Microsoft has made is easier for indies to get on the platform. They still have a little bit to go, especially with the parity clause, but this is a great start.

"I didn't buy an Xbox One for indie games!"

Good list. Feel like a lot of these have been announced before, though. Also is this why Divekick didn't make it to PS4 at launch?

Jomjom

Banned
Are indie games cool now?

Most people always thought they were cool, including Xbox fans (seeing as how 360 was THE console that really started the indie on console thing). The people you've seen counting them out are just the dumb fanboys who counted them out in order to claim "PS4 has no games!"

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Cool to see Another World return to consoles after the PC re-release.

I don't care what the original author thinks, Heart of the Alien should be included.

Well, looks like the final nail in the coffin for 360 Pinball Arcade. Ugh.

Well, Zen is coming. And they're still holding that PvZ table as platform hostage.

SegaShack

Cool to see another Chips Challenge game on an MS platform. Only indie game I care about is No Man's Sky so hoping for that on Xbox One.

whitehawk

Banned
riptide has 6 player split screen

BjC0qbRIQAAIghb.jpg
This just makes me sad that the PS4 can only support 4 controllers.

Cool to see another Chips Challenge game on an MS platform. Only indie game I care about is No Man's Sky so hoping for that on Xbox One.
Well it hasn't been announced for any platform besides next-gen consoles (from what I recall) so I'm pretty sure we will see it on both consoles.

Next step MS: drop the parity clause and you're good to go.

DrkSage

Serious question:

Microsoft policy for indie games works the following way: games must release first on the Xbox one or have a release date parity. Right?

If that's the case, can someone explain to me how contrast got in the list? Or did Microsoft changed the policy?

Hyper Light Drifter????????????? I'm crying right now (I really wanted to hear this - now I'm actually planning on picking up a Xbox One).

I mean it's great it's coming to the XB1 too, but it's coming to a bunch of stuff like Wii U, PC, PS4, Vita etc, not sure why that sells you an XB1.

Hoo-doo

Banned
This just makes me sad that the PS4 can only support 4 controllers.

I can't believe this is even a serious consideration.
You can count the games that support actual four-way split screen on one hand and usually those are not even worth playing, let alone worth gathering 4 controllers for.

Yeah, I bet there will be tons of totally rad 6-player spit-screen party game sessions in local Xbox One owner's homes in the near future.

David___

Banned
Serious question:

Microsoft policy for indie games works the following way: games must release first on the Xbox one or have a release date parity. Right?

If that's the case, can someone explain to me how contrast got in the list? Or did Microsoft changed the policy?

There was a loophole where they would allow you to release after the PS4 if you had a contract w/ Sony prior the ID@Xbox announcement. Now its on a case by case bases afaik.

Serious question:

Microsoft is run by human not machine

Serious question:

If that's the case, can someone explain to me how contrast got in the list? Did Microsoft changed the policy?

Microsoft's policies aren't in effect if the developer already had a deal in place before they created the parity clause. ..

I can't believe this is even a serious consideration.
You can count the games that support actual four-way split screen on one hand and usually those are not even worth playing, let alone worth gathering 4 controllers for.

Yeah, I bet there will be tons of totally rad 6-player spit-screen party game sessions in local Xbox One owner's homes in the near future.

Even if split screen is quickly becoming a thing of the past it's still pretty cool to see games support 6-8 player local co-op since it's something we haven't really seen before.

Is it a huge feature? No, but even still I don't see the point in going out of your way to downplay it.

Doffen

Serious question:

ID are working with the developers on a case by case basis. A lot of the early games do get a free pass.

I mean it's great it's coming to the XB1 too, but it's coming to a bunch of stuff like Wii U, PC, PS4, Vita etc, not sure why that sells you an XB1.
Mostly because I don't own any of those and my primary platform was always Xbox. I love the Xbox franchises and I couldn't see me not playing Halo 5 or the next Gears. Hyper Light Drifter is a game I really want and now I know it will be released on Xbox. It's not selling me a Xbox One, just making my choice easier.

Is there a list of which ones are getting artificially delayed?

I swear I remember the initial announcement for Strike Suit saying Mid March on Playstation Blog. Then it suddenly disappeared off the list. Could also be the title needs more time to get finished. Still, what a stupid rule.

(cue X-Files music)

Glad to see X1 getting Hyper Light Drifter! I can't wait for all the ridiculous performance comparison threads between it and the PS4 version.

Spoiler alert:
They will both be awesome.

I swear I remember the initial announcement for Strike Suit saying Mid March on Playstation Blog. Then it suddenly disappeared off the list. Could also be the title needs more time to get finished. Still, what a stupid rule.

(cue X-Files music)

SSZ was announced for both platforms at the same time for March, I doubt the parity clause is relevant to it

VanWinkle

Mostly because I don't own any of those and my primary platform was always Xbox. I love the Xbox franchises and I couldn't see me not playing Halo 5 or the next Gears. Hyper Light Drifter is a game I really want and now I know it will be released on Xbox. It's not selling me a Xbox One, just making my choice easier.

Ooh so that's why you're not as hyped for Transistor lol. Don't get me wrong, Below and HLD look amazing too but Transistor looks just as good at least.

It's interesting that this type of tactic is working in Microsoft's favour. Throw out a giant list of games coming so people can tout them as having a lot of games and use them as fodder in the great war of our time.

I love that Playstation and Xbox are getting all these games - I just wish they both would narrow down release windows or dates. It's arguably pointless to keep announcing games that potentially could be years away.

Top Bottom