• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 ID@Xbox Games announced.

Is this a first? Don't remember any game doing this before.
Wheelspin for the Wii (by Bethedsa) had 8 player split-screen multiplayer.

woBxhkj.jpg

But six? That might be new.

Totally OT but that game was on the BBC Micro, and on the loading screen it had *SPEECH SYNTHESIS* - unheard of on the BBC at the time. It would say "Citadel... Citadel... Citadel... Superior software presents Citadel". Scared the pants out of me the first time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8wyUsaDAyI

I'd love to see more home computer retro releases on these new consoles, but I'm afraid they're going to be largely ignored, the same way they were last gen. Retro console and arcade games are all right, but where are the Spectrum, Commodore, Atari, Amstrad and BBC classics? Although I suppose many are in the licensing limbo.

a.wd

Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, Super Time Force are all joining the "drag me over to the current gen" list.

On that list is No Mans sky, Contrast, Killzone, Ryse and Forza.

But dickhead policies (from both console makers) and pricing means that the time for me to jump in is further and further away.

But these fucking games...man.

Hyper Light Drifter, Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition, Super Time Force are all joining the "drag me over to the current gen" list.

On that list is No Mans sky, Contrast, Killzone, Ryse and Forza.

But dickhead policies (from both console makers) and pricing means that the time for me to jump in is further and further away.

But these fucking games...man.

Super Time Force will also be on 360 if you have one.

Castef

Banned
Ok, where is my I m4ed a game with zombies!!1!! Part 2?

Also... Forced is a VERY good game, nice to see it on consoles.

And Roundabout is the new Kuru Kuru Kururin.

Foshy

FRU looks like the first genuinely innovative and interesting game for Kinect. If I get an Xbox One at some point in the feature it will probably be for indies.

I recognise maybe 20% of those titles and that is kinda exciting. I like the fact that all of these games are probably great because they have been vetted. Not anything against the PC's 'anyone can release' system, but it's kinda cool to know that these particular ones are probably very good.

I recognise maybe 20% of those titles and that is kinda exciting. I like the fact that all of these games are probably great because they have been vetted. Not anything against the PC's 'anyone can release' system, but it's kinda cool to know that these particular ones are probably very good.
I don't see how that connection could be made (that they're all probably very good).
It's supposedly not hard to get the ID@Xbox program.

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!
FRU looks like the first genuinely innovative and interesting game for Kinect. If I get an Xbox One at some point in the feature it will probably be for indies.

I always thought indies would find the best use of Kinect and maybe even the cloud.

see5harp

This is definitely encouraging but damn the only decent looking games on that link is Super Time Force and Hyper Light Drifter. Everything else I've already played on other platforms like Contrast (not worth buying under any circumstances) or the game looks like something I'd wait for humble bundle on steam.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
im stil not quite sure what idarb is even after watching that. I wanna see some actual screens of it

It's an extreme eSports game where the point seems to be to get the ball into the C shamed Goals at the side of the screen. But it's so loosely made that they're able to drop in crazy fun stuff fairly easily. So it could have a bunch of crazy modes, modifiers, or more features added at any time.

If it plays anything like Pitball on PS1, I'll be quite happy with it, lol. I used to love that game, great to play Co-Op.

Chettlar

Banned
It's an extreme eSports game where the point seems to be to get the ball into the C shamed Goals at the side of the screen. But it's so loosely made that they're able to drop in crazy fun stuff fairly easily. So it could have a bunch of crazy modes, modifiers, or more features added at any time.

If it plays anything like Pitball on PS1, I'll be quite happy with it, lol. I used to love that game, great to play Co-Op.

It's apparently even going to have a singleplayer mode well, but they have no idea what it's going to be yet.

Nydius

This is amazing, day one

I really hope you're not buying it day one just because it has 6 player split screen, a feature you probably won't use at all.

If you want to see how it's going to look, it's available on PC. Compared to Vector Unit's work on Hydro Thunder Hurricane, Riptide GP2 is positively spartan. The water effects are the exact same as Hydro Thunder Hurricane, the jet skis are low poly, there's very little in terms of environment. It plays ok but the physics are somewhat sluggish and the replay factor is pretty low because the AI in career mode is ridiculously easy. Even the sound effects and music are mediocre quality.

I rarely regret spending $10 on an arcade style game but I regret buying Riptide GP2. From what I've seen, the XBO version looks exactly the same only with 2 more split screen players over the PC version.

Edit: Added some screenshots from the PC version. The settings screenshot is maximum graphic settings.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
It's apparently even going to have a singleplayer mode well, but they have no idea what it's going to be yet.

I'd vote for "a series of massive, living goals that you have to throw the ball into to break away defensive parts", heh.

I'm interested to see how they develop it. It's so simple, I'd love to see 100s of moves to add onto your custom characters, spoofing everything from Dr. Who and CSI to Magical Girl Shows and DBZ. Though that's probably expecting too much ATM, lol.

Top Bottom