• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

25 ID@Xbox Games announced.

Frolow

Banned
riptide has 6 player split screen

BjC0qbRIQAAIghb.jpg

That's pretty neat, wish more games did stuff like this.

Ooh so that's why you're not as hyped for Transistor lol. Don't get me wrong, Below and HLD look amazing too but Transistor looks just as good at least.
Not really. I love how Transistor looks and if I ever buy a PS4 (I'm still deciding which one I'll get) I'll definately buy Transistor. Below and HLD look really really good and I love everything I've seen about them. It's not about PS4 or Xbox One, I just prefer HLD and Below (there's something relaxing about them).

Rlan

Not an ID@xbox policy, came from a "suit" one who I bet is not part of the Xbox team

Really, MS sound like they're coming from the wrong direction on that. For future releases where the XBone version is lagging behind, they should be asking the devs "What can WE do to make sure this game hits on the same date?" - help with programming, help with issues etc.

Really, MS sound like they're coming from the wrong direction on that. For future releases where the XBone version is lagging behind, they should be asking the devs "What can WE do to make sure this game hits on the same date?" - help with programming, help with issues etc.

Exactly, if they would like (not want/demand) parity or timed exclusive then they should they should be trying to incentivise it, not force it.

I am very much looking forward to SSSP, as a twin stick shooter fan its right up my alley, but we need release dates!

Chettlar

Banned
Is this a first? Don't remember any game doing this before.

Xbox One supports 8 controllers now, right? Might as well take advantage of that.

--

Oh, man that got me thinking. How awesome would a SSB style Xbox One fighter be with 8 players? Forget the haters of Playstation all star. I'd buy it.

Quazar

Cool announcement. But Sony gets VR...we finally get Indie games on the one? Damn the tides have changed this gen. E3 will be very telling for the One.

Doffen

Xbox One supports 8 controllers now, right? Might as well take advantage of that.

--

Oh, man that got me thinking. How awesome would a SSB style Xbox One fighter be with 8 players? Forget the haters of Playstation all star. I'd buy it.

Would be more interested in a BattleBlock Theater type of game with 4+ support.

prwxv3

This.

Chettlar

Banned
Would be more interested in a BattleBlock Theater type of game with 4+ support.

Oh that too of course. Love BBT.

There's probably a lot of great party games that would work with more than 4 players on a single screen. Really glad MS implimented that. Hope this also means I'll be able to hook up a bunch of Xbox One controllers to my PC as well (currently only lets me hook up 4. Trying 5 makes it act weird).

I thought Sony had too. Sorry to hear they didn't. :(

DigitalOp

Banned
Looks like Sony lost a couple console exclusive indies...

Don't think it will sting that much but its interesting if we start seeing indies getting swooned and buttered into exclusivity for their games as they become more popular.

Ironically, exclusivity doesn't help an indie one bit, unless the cash is thrown in mass

nym

Neo Member
This is awesome, and forgive me for saying this, but this is why competition is good. Provides motivation to provide values to us consumers.

I can't believe this is even a serious consideration.
You can count the games that support actual four-way split screen on one hand and usually those are not even worth playing, let alone worth gathering 4 controllers for.

Yeah, I bet there will be tons of totally rad 6-player spit-screen party game sessions in local Xbox One owner's homes in the near future.

I take it you have never played Saturn Bomberman 10 player local
or have enough friends to play any local
. Being able to include everyone in a group is worth the extra cost.

NoTacos

Hyper Light Drifter is definitely a big one. Nice to see contrast on there as well. Good job on M$ for pulling in some quality indy titles.

harSon

Banned
Oh it very well could. Though, to be fair, I figured Bastion would come to PS3 eventually and it never did.

It's definitely coming, evident by the fact that according to the developers, the game is "making its console debut on Playstation 4."

So is this why hyper light drifter isnt coming out til winter? Microsoft is smart for forcing this, knowing developers don't have the balls to miss out on a platform. Can't be mad at MS for that just the devs that allow themselves to be bullied

Xone9

Banned
Where the f is the game that will require u to have the lights off and use kinetic since it can see u in the dark?

Top Bottom