• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343i Matchmaking / Launch Issues Update

Completed all levels of Halo 2 and Halo 3 in Heroic. It shows all the levels completed in the main menu but the two achievements for completing the games haven't unlocked. The Gravemind from Halo 2 and The Covenant from Halo 3 level specific cheevos didn't as well. Fortunately I don't care too much, just moved on to play Halo 4.

Exile20

The few matches I got into today felt like the player searches were so desperate, that when a few showed up finally it immediately said "okay time for a game!" Never waited for any extra, just dumped us into a 6-player match. So while it may work (sometimes...okay, very rarely), it isn't waiting for a proper player count whatsoever, it's just a panicked throw into anything at all. I've also experienced the random team unbalancing, one game was six players, and the balancing went so askew I was fighting five dudes by myself. Fun times!
Lol. Wow.

Chucker

Ugh, I just want to play the game I bought, the way I want to play it. I'm digital, and am not going to ask for a refund, but man this is a bummer.

Guess I'll punish myself with AC:U since I can at least count on that to run.

Etnos

Banned
I've been getting matches constantly since saturday, I stand by my word thou. MS 343 should have taken better care of this release, For God Sakes this is one of their more valuable brands! They devaluated the Halo name just to get to a release date... not a smart decision if you ask me.

Yaqoub

Are they aware of co-op lag?

If I join a host's co-op campaign (CE in my case) I experience input lag.

I hope this will be fixed this week in the content update... Really annoying.

Chucker

Are they aware of co-op lag?

If I join a host's co-op campaign (CE in my case) I experience input lag.

I hope this will be fixed this week in the content update... Really annoying.
Co-op in CE did that on 360. I hate to be a downer but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
I haven't bought the game yet thankfully, but since what I care the most about is split-screen co-op I'd like to ask if they've fixed/improved framerate performance there and if there's now an option to set the screen to be split either horizontally or vertically.

-PXG-

The few matches I got into today felt like the player searches were so desperate, that when a few showed up finally it immediately said "okay time for a game!" Never waited for any extra, just dumped us into a 6-player match. So while it may work (sometimes...okay, very rarely), it isn't waiting for a proper player count whatsoever, it's just a panicked throw into anything at all. I've also experienced the random team unbalancing, one game was six players, and the balancing went so askew I was fighting five dudes by myself. Fun times!

If I'm lucky to even find people, this is what happens. Every single time so far this has happened to me.

greekappi

i would not be happy if this is never fixed.

I don't understand how this is tolerated. Why even put the feature in the game if it doesn't work? It's totally unplayable unless you're the host. What can be done? I really want to play co-op with my friend across the country and we both bought the game with this in mind. So disappointing.

I don't understand how this is tolerated. Why even put the feature in the game if it doesn't work? It's totally unplayable unless you're the host. What can be done? I really want to play co-op with my friend across the country and we both bought the game with this in mind. So disappointing.

Saw bump and came for new update. Left dissatisfied. Bad junior!

mcrommert

Banned
Co-op in CE did that on 360. I hate to be a downer but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Yep no way that is getting fixed...part of the core of that game...it waits for sync between both players before it updates...so if there is any lag at all (we are talking very low ping) it will do that. 360 version had it and they didn't finish it...play lan or over same network (fios or comcast) in close geographical area

Top Bottom