• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343i Matchmaking / Launch Issues Update

I fell bad for 343i, releasing a game is a publisher's decision. I don't think 343 would be willing to release the game in this state (still din't own the game), they were forced by MS to release on this date because they couldn't afford losing november. I doubt 343 to deceive MS or to MS not noticing the matchmakung issues during testing. If someone is to blame here is MS.

Bsigg12

What if they had planned on having Halo 5 ready for 2014 but then when it looked like that wasn't happening they scrambled to create this collection and that's why it seems so rushed?

It's possible they only wanted to release H2A leading up to the release of Halo 5 but had to create this package as a worthy flagship first party title offering.

I'm going to bet Halo 5 has always been planned for 2015. As for the state of the game, when you have 7 or so different companies working on it around the world, I can't see it being easy to ensure everything fits together correctly without issues.

clav

I fell bad for 343i, releasing a game is a publisher's decision. I don't think 343 would be willing to release the game in this state (still din't own the game), they were forced by MS to release on this date because they couldn't afford losing november. I doubt 343 to deceive MS or to MS not noticing the matchmakung issues during testing. If someone is to blame here is MS.

I think it's a failure in project management. These games aren't new.

Imagine a scenario with the supervisors + QA sessions:

Hey guys. What are you doing?

Oh uh... we're play testing Halo online. Yeah.

:lol you guys did that for hours today.

Yeah we're just checking. So fun.

All right. Just want to make sure we're set in November.

:lol we get paid to play games.

Fast foward to November.

Shit! Uh, does matchmaking work?

I don't know. I thought you guys were testing it! You were playing Halo online the whole time.

jbug617

Banned
Just tweeted this

This morning, we rolled out tweaks that should begin to further improve the Matchmaking experience, including:

Dedicated server stability improvements
Laid the groundwork for upcoming Matchmaking content updates, including improvements to the team selection process

Details on the 11.14 Content Update:

This evening, we will be releasing a content update that addresses a variety of community-reported issues. This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week. We will have the full details of this update when the update goes live late afternoon (PST).

Kssio_Aug

Ok, so a patch comes out today. =)

But matchmaking true improvements, just next week.
Maybe, lets see if it will improve.

These server tweaks theyre doing however, doesnt seems to be doing any effects here.

_woLf

Fast foward to November.

I don't know. I thought you guys were testing it! You were playing Halo online the whole time.

That is not how QA works. it's likely that QA caught a lot, if not all of the issues in the game (this goes for all games, like Unity, Driveclub, etc) but the decision was made to push forward with the launch anyway.

QA is not the most powerful department in a game studio. They can't hold back a release just because it's buggy.

Xbudz

"This evening, we will be releasing a content update that addresses a variety of community-reported issues. This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week. We will have the full details of this update when the update goes live late afternoon (PST)."

Fingers crossed

Was just playing Halo 2 campaign co-op, almost finished a level (heroic) and then out of no where, crash to dashboard.

This is a mess.

"This evening, we will be releasing a content update that addresses a variety of community-reported issues. This content update addresses campaign, UI, and some Matchmaking party issues, but will not address Matchmaking performance. As we mentioned yesterday, a larger Matchmaking performance-focused content update is currently planned for release next week. We will have the full details of this update when the update goes live late afternoon (PST)."

Fingers crossed

where is this posteD?

RoKKeR

Matchmaking way more consistent for me this afternoon. Even teams, too.

Still being split up on opposite teams in split screen.

Fast foward to November.

I know the process and you're way off the mark.

greekappi

Something I haven't seen posted here is the input lag featured while playing Halo: CE co-op online.

My friend and I fired it up last night and whoever is not hosting the game get about a half second of input lag and it makes it practically unplayable. This thread and these vids explain more: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ag/b66c109b-c986-43db-848b-f8f279e341cb/posts

Input lag: http://youtu.be/EQl475U3lqA

Aiming lag: http://youtu.be/sNCu4xHEeZs

One person in that thread noted that the problem was present only when the same person was hosting the party chat as well as the game itself. Has anyone confirmed this or has anyone had these input lag issues when playing online co-op?

Defect

New patch made searching worse. That tip Frankie gave about the "In Lobby" glitch when searching is happening constantly now.

Something I haven't seen posted here is the input lag featured while playing Halo: CE co-op online.

My friend and I fired it up last night and whoever is not hosting the game get about a half second of input lag and it makes it practically unplayable. This thread and these vids explain more: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...ag/b66c109b-c986-43db-848b-f8f279e341cb/posts

Input lag: http://youtu.be/EQl475U3lqA

Aiming lag: http://youtu.be/sNCu4xHEeZs

One person in that thread noted that the problem was present only when the same person was hosting the party chat as well as the game itself. Has anyone confirmed this or has anyone had these input lag issues when playing online co-op?
360 version had the same issue. The co-op netcode in halo 1 is designed for LAN and doesn't work that well online. My friend and I both have Fios, live in the same metro area, and there was heavy lag while playing together on 360 for the non-host. This probably isn't a MCC issue but just a halo 1 issue.

rokkerkory

It's really sad that this is the first X1 game that has froze for me this much.

I mean, it's the biggest first party title for them this year.

MS needs to send in all ninja engineers before this becomes a clusterfuck and affects the outlook of halo 5

JayEH

This is unacceptable. I think I've learned my lesson now with this and BF4. I'll wait a couple of weeks before picking up online shooters.

E92 M3

This is unacceptable. I think I've learned my lesson now with this and BF4. I'll wait a couple of weeks before picking up online shooters.

Who would have expected a Halo game to not having a functional online mode? There hasn't been a single one before with some many launch problems.

Smidget

New patch messed it up more or something. Was getting games last night (even a couple in a row) and none this morning :/

Grisby

What if they had planned on having Halo 5 ready for 2014 but then when it looked like that wasn't happening they scrambled to create this collection and that's why it seems so rushed?

It's possible they only wanted to release H2A leading up to the release of Halo 5 but had to create this package as a worthy flagship first party title offering.
Could be. They should have put this game to the test though.

Damn shame.
MS needs to send in all ninja engineers before this becomes a clusterfuck and affects the outlook of halo 5
I think Halo 5 will be alright due to Halo 4 not being that bad but yeah, this definitely hurts TMCC's online community.

JaggedSac

Could be. They should have put this game to the test though.

Damn shame.

I think Halo 5 will be alright due to Halo 4 not being that bad but yeah, this definitely hurts TMCC's online community.

Yeah, I think this put the kibosh on any decent population for MCC online playerbase.

93xfan

Banned
They owe us some extra development time with this game, at the VERY least, not just fixes. I want Halo 3 and 4 mp running with no frame drops at all, fix Halo 1 bugs, make the menu better, Etc.

I seriously doubt they'll go back and fix all the things they rushed through, but I absolutely believe they should. My friends always called 343 "Shitty Bungie," and I now think they're more justified than ever to do so. Considering 343 is a part of Microsoft, I imagine this game will get limited fixes before MS stops seeing the cash incentive of investing more time into this game.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
They owe us some extra development time with this game, at the VERY least, not just fixes. I want Halo 3 and 4 mp running with no frame drops at all, fix Halo 1 bugs, make the menu better, Etc.

I seriously doubt they'll go back and fix all the things they rushed through, but I absolutely believe they should. My friends always called 343 "Shitty Bungie," and I now think they're more justified than ever to do so. Considering 343 is a part of Microsoft, I imagine this game will get limited fixes before MS stops seeing the cash incentive of investing more time into this game.

They are going to do every thing in their power and devote as much time on it as needed. The game was rushed no doubt, may be they HAD to hit that Nov 11 mark. Because then it was GTA or who knows what. But there is no way they are going to let this game die, so I would say don't worry it is going to be fine.

They are going to do every thing in their power and devote as much time on it as needed. The game was rushed no doubt, may be they HAD to hit that Nov 11 mark. Because then it was GTA or who knows what. But there is no way they are going to let this game die, so I would say don't worry it is going to be fine.
I would have more faith in the steadfastness and logistics of those fixes if it was purely a 343 gig, but when your fixes might involve the coordination of 343, Certain Affinity, Saber Interactive and Ruffian, even small things could get a lot more complicated.

This week’s content update, which was originally scheduled for release this Wednesday, 11/19, will now be releasing later this week to allow for additional fixes, as well as the completion of the testing and certification process.

This content update includes a variety of fixes across the title, including Matchmaking performance issues, general UI and game stability improvements, as well as fixes for game-game specific issues in Halo: CE, Halo 2, and Halo 2: Anniversary, and more. The full patch notes will be posted later this week, in advance of the content update release.

Thank you for your continued patience.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/85d779d52cfd46918b4f8b638f2e3c7b/topics/the-master-chief-collection-bug-investigation/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts
343 Redeemed

Montresor

How could they possibly fix all of those problems in two weeks anyway? They probably need six months of back and forth between QA and devs... I wish they had delayed this. Sony didn't have any major exclusives this holiday, so what was the big deal? Microsoft you had Sunset and Forza - you should've pushed only those and delayed MCC to June.

Dragon

Banned

ok.gif

Driveclub and Sim City say whatttt

Top Bottom