• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

343i Matchmaking / Launch Issues Update

ethomaz

Banned
Comparing MCC to DriveClub and BF4 is an inside joke in this thread right?

...right?

There's no way rational people actually think MCC is like the others.

It's been a fucking day guys.

Would make sense if over 3 weeks matchmaking is still a clusterfuck.
The issues for a good part of the end user is the same, they are having issues... it can't happen for anybody.

I even put Destiny in the same basket.

You have different proportions or time periods... but my critics didn't change... I can't blind my eyes for one case and the others not.

Hawk269

I've played single player for 3 hours or so in both Halo CE and Halo 2 and have yet to experience a crash. So yes, some people. I have gotten into matchmaking solo but couldn't when partied up. So we played some customs which worked flawlessly. Zanzibar H2A remake runs like ass though.

Same with me. I am about half way done with Halo CE and no major issues outside of some slowdown when using the Warthog, but no crashes, glitches or screen tearing that I have seen so far.

This is no where near the DriveClub issues however. DC was designed, marketed to be an on-line community where every part of the game from clubs to lap times, to sections times were to be connected on-line and that did not work at all for a solid 3 weeks. I played the game for 3 solid weeks and not once did I get on-line. With the MCC I was in a online game within minutes after the 9pm unlock time. While it has not been smooth sailing for the MCC at least it is functional and you can play on-line to a certain degree versus no online at all with DC.

I loved DC and played it almost daily for the 3 1/2 weeks I owned it. I earned all the stars, but never was able to play on-line or contribute to the club me and some friends wanted to make and be part of. At least with MCC I have had the opportunity, limited as it may be to play with friends on-line in some capacity. Granted, not smooth sailing at all and MS/343i should be ashamed for releasing it in this state, but at least it is not no where near the level of DC.

Etnos

Banned
The issues for a good part of the end user is the same, they are having issues... it can't happen for anybody.

I even put Destiny in the same basket.

You have different proportions or time periods... but my critics didn't change... I can't blind my eyes for one case and the others not.

I played around 10 matches yesterday, I have play 5 today with 1-2 min waiting time. It is a busted launch that is for sure, now comparing it to Drive Club which has not worked online for me once after longer than a month, I'm not sure if you being serious.

ethomaz

Banned
I played around 10 matches yesterday, I have play 5 today with 1-2 min waiting time. It is a busted launch that is for sure, now comparing it to Drive Club which has not worked online for me once after longer than a month, I'm not sure if you being serious.
You have launch issues in all games I listed... you can say one is better than other but you can't deny these online issues are my fear with that thing about "online"... it is being worst than last gen in both platforms.

I cited examples of online launch issues and IMO it is unacceptable in every single case... I'm pissed even with Destiny issues that is way better than any of these games I listed.

It is like say somebody is better than other guy because he killed with cushions rather than butchering with multiple stab wounds (I don't if I wrote in the right way).

Nori Chan

How dare this game be broken on day 1 and how dare 343 make an attempt to fix it on day 2. It's worse than EA promising their next game will play and way worse than you not getting a free game for owning a paid subscription.

the gull of 343

Not to single out MCC alone, as this has been going on a while in many, many other games, but it just seems that companies are abusing the good will fans are willing to give for something they're passionate about. You should expect something to work; this is why people are angry in the first place. I am glad 343i is working on fixing this; they could have easily not. It's happened before in games (Silent Hill HD Collection comes to mind). However I shouldn't feel the need to commend someone for doing what I expected all along. If this happens in cases where a product is more mundane or utilitarian in purpose, consumer reports would be banging on the manufacturers door.

Too bad we like Halo too damn much. We forgive. We are part of the problem :(

Zabant

That may be a bit much, but we'll take it.

Seriously though, the "every effort was made" part of the apology rings a bit hollow. It's quite clear that isn't true given the scale of bugs and issues in the game. For example, Halo 4 single player crashes to a black screen with red console text telling you to reboot the system because it doesn't have a catch handler for when it can't connect to a server. You don't ship production code that spits out console text.

HAHA wow, is this for real?

Incredible have not heard of anything like that in... a long LOOONG time. Got a vid?

How dare this game be broken on day 1 and how dare 343 make an attempt to fix it on day 2. It's worse than EA promising their next game will play and way worse than you not getting a free game for owning a paid subscription.

the gull of 343

Actually, how does it dare? Unity and Driveclub didn't get a free pass, neither should MCC.

Xbudz

HAHA wow, is this for real?

Incredible have not heard of anything like that in... a long LOOONG time. Got a vid?

Z5lUi1J.jpg

I took that image when it happened to me.

Head.spawn

What is the deal with that beep/cue sound that happens in H2A MP? Can we get rid of that or add an option to turn it off, it's kind of annoying with a headset on and really unnecessary.

Dumb Fuck

Banned

the gull of 343

I simply don't get this attitude. Why are you do permissive of their failings? They didn't deliver a gratis product. This is something that cost people a lot of money. The expectation should be that the product works. Not that it might work in a few days if they can figure it out.

This is the attitude that led companies to believe they can release shit that doesn't work. If you keep apologizing for them, they're only going to find more ways of taking advantage of you.

The sheer amount of irrational posters in this thread is astounding.

Some of y'all need to take a deep breath. Launch was YESTERDAY and they are already putting fixes in. To say that this launch was worse than drive club or BF4 is absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and both Halo 2 and Halo 3 had rough online launches. For people saying "well it worked for me so that means it was fine," stop being hypocritical and understand that people ARE getting into MCC games. I played like 8 or 9 online games last night and most worked without any problems. Does that mean its flawless? Of course not, but it's not really any different than Halo 2 or Halo 3 launches.

People just expect more because this is a collection of games that are already released, but they don't seem to realize how different the networking features are. I bet most if not all of the netcodes had to be either heavily edited or completely rewritten.

Be patient. This is a game that I feel MS will put a lot of resources into getting working flawlessly. With so many other games out or arriving soon I don't mind much. :/

Good post.

jbug617

Banned
They just tweeted this
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...on/e024f78f-6022-4a49-99ea-67562ec5b4ca/posts
We have deployed a number of server updates to help improve matchmaking. These updates should expedite search times and allow you to find matches faster and easier. We are actively monitoring data for wait times and will continue to modify as necessary.

Additionally, we are monitoring all non-matchmaking feedback, and still targeting another release for this weekend. Please continue to use the support forums to report and discuss issues. We will continue to work until issues are resolved, and thank you for your continued patience. Please stay tuned to this thread for regular updates.

Next update tonight 8pm EST

Sai-kun

Banned
Yes, that functionality has been removed. It's one of the most baffling omissions I've seen. I know 343 has FAR more pressing issues on their mind at the moment, but hopefully Frankie or somebody could answer this when they have the time; is it possible for armor customization to be patched in at a later date?

Lmao no way, are you fucking joking? Hahaha, ridiculous.

Alchemy

Status update on my end, I let the matchmaking run for 45 minutes while I was getting ready for work this morning. Found 0 games, and got booted from matcmaking once.

BokehKing

Banned

the gull of 343
I'm sure if it was up to 343 they wouldn't have released the game yesterday

FatMarshall

Neo Member
Like I said before, 343i took the "Halo 2's anniversary" thing too far and made the buggiest damn game on this console. I'm not even gonna bother playing this game at all until all of this shit is fixed. I'm glad 343i has apologized and are working their hardest to fix their game, and anyone saying that this is in any way acceptable is out of their mind.

I bought an Xbox One solely for Halo. I thought that, even if Halo 5 turns out bad, I'd have a good game to turn to with plenty of hours of potential game time. I never wanted to regret buying an Xbone, but those feelings are starting to creep into my consciousness now that the game I've waited for, counting the days to release even before its official announcement, has turned out like this.

Yes, I know eventually everything will probably be fixed, but this is still highly unacceptable and extremely disappointing.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

Some of y'all need to take a deep breath. Launch was YESTERDAY and they are already putting fixes in. To say that this launch was worse than drive club or BF4 is absolutely ridiculous.

Oh, and both Halo 2 and Halo 3 had rough online launches. For people saying "well it worked for me so that means it was fine," stop being hypocritical and understand that people ARE getting into MCC games. I played like 8 or 9 online games last night and most worked without any problems. Does that mean its flawless? Of course not, but it's not really any different than Halo 2 or Halo 3 launches.

People just expect more because this is a collection of games that are already released, but they don't seem to realize how different the networking features are. I bet most if not all of the netcodes had to be either heavily edited or completely rewritten.

Be patient. This is a game that I feel MS will put a lot of resources into getting working flawlessly. With so many other games out or arriving soon I don't mind much. :/

Just because there were worse launches doesn't mean they should get a pass. Game was clearly rushed out the door to beat the holidays. On top of that they have been touting the multiplayer as a feature.

Should have been delayed.

Game seems like a bugfest.

leave it to PC fans to jump in on a console exclusive game. probably upset that no PC shooter will ever have the relevance of halo. Yeah these issues suck but the package is still a good deal. and the issues will work themselves out eventually.

It's not irrational at all. The sheer amount of problems that this game has is astounding. At this point it's basically just an offline single player game that requires a massive update for a multiplayer component that barely functions. Which will most likely mean that there will be an additional update to fix the update.

Also, if people think that the "server side fixes" are going to fix this game they are sadly mistaken. It's going to require another patch to just fix any of the problems, and it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of the problems still persist months after the release. Especially the co-op campaign crashing.

Additionally, it's ridiculous that leading up to the launch the Halo 2 ranking system was promised across all playlists, and then we find out maybe 24-48 hours before the games release that the ranking system will only be available for Halo 2 anniversary at launch

Here's the problem with many big budget developers these days. They're all trying to push for that magical holiday release season to bolster sales... and they're doing it to the detriment of the consumer because they're releasing unfinished products that have not been sufficiently beta tested.

As a consumer, I probably should have learned my lesson a long time ago, and I do feel like I'm beating a dead horse to a certain extent. However, I'm honestly nearing the point where I'm thinking about demanding a refund from Microsoft and then maybe re-downloading at a later date when the game becomes stable.

Nephtes

I've been able to find matches for all multiplayer play lists EXCEPT Halo 2A. Sigh.

Single player has thankfully worked for me so far without issue on all 4 campaigns, but reading some of the issues people are having with single player is starting to scare me away from that too. o_O

Thinking of waiting a while and going back to Sunset Overdrive before I start that legendary play through...

Top Bottom