• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

curls

Wake up Sheeple, your boring insistence that Obama is not a lizardman from Atlantis is wearing on my patience 💤
Awful design. That large vent is going to get crumbs in it!

U2NUMB

Wow .. so the bonus 25 bucks is confirmed on this? If so .. I am looking at about 60 bucks if not less for the new system. I am worried they are going to be very limited.

Edit: Crumbs in it? So you eat over your consoles?

curls said:
Awful design. That large vent is going to get crumbs in it!

Are you planning to use your 360 as a dinner plate?

This system is a thing of beauty and not only that, it's better than the current models feature wise. (Built-in Wifi, Wifi N Support, 3 More USB's, Kinect Port, Touch Sensative Buttons, Quieter console, Glossy Case)

Microsoft improved for their slim while Sony basically took away. This is coming from a big Sony fan for 15 years and I must give credit to where it's due.

Foil said:
Looks pretty good, though it sucks that they got rid of the split connection cable. Why both Sony and Microsoft have gone this route is beyond me. Shipping your HD consoles with the worst possible connection cables is a really backwards move.

Retailers like selling cables. They're pure profit. That's when they pack shity cables, to please retailers.

jagowar

JaggedSac said:
Looks like MS is wanting to replace the current Arcade with a cheaper version of the 360 Slim.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/microsoft-working-on-cheaper-slim-360

That is not surprising. The arcade will launch with kinect this fall for the casual market. The elite is for those of us who wanted a new 360 now.

Personally I ordered my upgrade from amazon already..... primarily because I think I will be able to sell my current 360 for much more now than later in the year when the bundles are announced. So at beast all I would really do is get the same amount of money after any price drops - the lesser price my current 360 would bring later this year. Essentially I believe I will get a 360 slim + kinect now for the same "total" cost as this fall but I get to use the new 360 for the next 6 months. (who knows maybe the thing would rrod on me during that time which would make its value even less)

yamo

Preordered a 360 slim now for the release next month in europe. Will be my first 360.

Not really excited about kinect or anything else MS showed at e3, but most my friends got 360's and have no plans on buying ps3's. Suppose it will be my dudebro modern warfare multiplayer console.

CougRon

Does anyone know, will gamestop let you transfer the stuff of your old hd to your new one when you trade in a system for a new one? I'm not sure how that would work, either temporarily setting up your new box in their store, or letting you take the old hd home, transfering, and then bringing it in when you're done...

right about now I'm considering trading in my current system in for credit toward one of the new ones so I can get hdmi and the new goodies, but keeping my 120g hard drive and then getting a current arcade system for the bedroom and attaching the hd to that. only problem is I don't have a wireless networking dongle to attach to it so I'd have to buy one for the new arcade. but if I can transfer off my hd, i'd just trade the hd in as well and maybe get one of the new arcades when they come out later in the year.

Ended up canceling my initial order because Amazon didn't really make it clear exactly WHEN it was going to be shipped, but when I get back from the beach next week I can't wait to mess with one of these. I'm also relieved you can just call MS up to transfer your licenses early since I'd have to wait til August.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm seriously considering upgrading, so I decided to take a look at the license transfer tool in advance. I signed in with my Live ID that I set up several years ago. It took me to a page where I was supposed to put in my DOB, country, and the gamertag I wanted. It said my gamertag is already taken. (No shit, MS.. by me) It won't let me go on unless I put in another one, but I already have hundreds of pieces of DLC tied to that gamertag. Am I fucked?

Zachack

CougRon said:
Does anyone know, will gamestop let you transfer the stuff of your old hd to your new one when you trade in a system for a new one?
I could see them rapidly setting up a service (with an additional charge of only 19.9939.99) for people doing this, but I'd suggest ordering a 16gig memory stick off newegg or amazon and just transferring what you need and redownloading the rest.

TAJ said:
I'm seriously considering upgrading, so I decided to take a look at the license transfer tool in advance. I signed in with my Live ID that I set up several years ago. It took me to a page where I was supposed to put in my DOB, country, and the gamertag I wanted. It said my gamertag is already taken. (No shit, MS.. by me) It won't let me go on unless I put in another one, but I already have hundreds of pieces of DLC tied to that gamertag. Am I fucked?

Sounds like your GT was set up or associated with another Live ID at some point. Do you ever remember using a different Live ID? If not, I'd call and have them link your current GT to the Live ID you're using to login to the site with.

EDIT

jagowar said:
That is not surprising. The arcade will launch with kinect this fall for the casual market. The elite is for those of us who wanted a new 360 now.

I bet the new arcade will be a different color than the new "elite". Those who hate the piano black finish enough may want to wait.

goldenpp72

black_vegeta said:
N is dat fast new shit. Yes, you can still use it with your G/B wireless router.

I meant if I set my router to use N could a device like say, a nintendo DS, which uses B or G, work on that router?

TAJ said:

er, is it the same ID that's associated with your existing gamertag?

Not sure why it would ask you about a gamertag you wanted unless you were using a different live ID

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Dr. Zoidberg said:
Sounds like your GT was set up or associated with another Live ID at some point. Do you ever remember using a different Live ID? If not, I'd call and have them link your current GT to the Live ID you're using to login to the site with.
I've never had another Live ID. I've also never had another gamertag. (not one that I've ever logged on Live with, at least.)

Why For?

Banned
Just sold a 2007 manufactured Arcade plus 20GB HDD for $150AU on eBay.

Awesome.

Should be able to pick up a new Slim 360 for just under $300AU in a couple of weeks.

ChoklitReign said:
I'm confused. If I have a 20GB 360 and a wireless controller, how much do I have to pay for the new one?

Talking about the Gamestop deal.

Deal said:
Xbox 360 System - $100
20 GB HDD - $30
60 GB HDD - $35
120 GB HDD - $40
250 GB HDD - $45
64MB Card - $10
256MB Card - $14
512MB Card - $18
Wireless G Adaptor - $40
Wireless N Adaptor DISC REQUIRED - $50
Wired Controller - $20
Wireless Controller - $25

If you only have one wireless controller, then you will be getting $130. If you are trading in two then you will receive $155 trade.

Piper Az

MikeE21286 said:
If you only have one wireless controller, then you will be getting $130. If you are trading in two then you will receive $155 trade.

That's not bad. I have a 20GB 360 with a wireless G and one wireless controller...that's $200, making the new 360 $100 extra.

Piper Az said:
That's not bad. I have a 20GB 360 with a wireless G and one wireless controller...that's $200, making the new 360 $100 extra.

That's actually $170.

But it's still pretty decent for those looking to trade-up

Been a long time since I've traded in a system to Gamestop. How thorough/picky are they usually when checking the system being traded in?

Don't forget with that Gamestop deal you have to pay tax on the system still where as through Amazon it's tax free. In my state that's almost $25 bucks extra.

burgerdog

OldJadedGamer said:
Don't forget with that Gamestop deal you have to pay tax on the system still where as through Amazon it's tax free. In my state that's almost $25 bucks extra.
Amazon is not tax free in New York.

Zachack

OldJadedGamer said:
So after I trade in my 360 and bits it'll be $125-150 instead of $300 on Amazon.

I turned on one of my 360's the other night (I bought a second used one just to use as a media center extender) and got that crazy graphical line stuff so I know it's just a matter of time before it shits the bed. I got it used too so I'm not sure how old it is but I only bought it for $100 bucks at the time. I should trade it in now.

burgerdog said:
Amazon is not tax free in New York.

Yeah, New York State hates you.

Zachack said:
So after I trade in my 360 and bits it'll be $125-150 instead of $300 on Amazon.

Amazon does trade in's too. I haven't added up how much it's worth for the whole set up though.

FrankT

sevenchaos said:
Been a long time since I've traded in a system to Gamestop. How thorough/picky are they usually when checking the system being traded in?

Normally it is just a basic run through to ensure the system is working. A few minutes typically.

2rne8sn.jpg

Mine has shipped and will be coming to the studio (work). I may take some pics but I think you guys have seen enough.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
cjelly said:
Only if it's a dual band router.

Most 802.11n Wireless Access Points (which are not necessarily routers) by default drop to 802.11g and 802.11b mode if a g or b device associates with them. A dual band router allows you to use one band for "n only" (so your n devices do not get punished in a mixed environment) and another band for b, g.

FrankT

Digital-Hero said:
2rne8sn.jpg

Mine has shipped and will be coming to the studio (work). I may take some pics but I think you guys have seen enough.

Is that Gamestop? I read they are shipping out now. Amazon seems to have been held up, but according to one post the early folks should be shipping out soon.

Zachack

OldJadedGamer said:
Amazon does trade in's too. I haven't added up how much it's worth for the whole set up though.
I know they do but I'm seriously doubting it'll be near what GS is doing. At a glance, though:
Wireless controller: $4
Wireless N adapter: $18
Wireless G adapter: $14
Xbox Pro 20gig: $56

Not a tough decision here.

Varshes

I've already got it preordered but I had a question, and I'm sorry if its been answered but, what are my choices to transfer my data to the new system? I know they said there's going to be a new transfer kit available at retail for 20 bucks, but can I use an old transfer kit?

Varshes said:
I've already got it preordered but I had a question, and I'm sorry if its been answered but, what are my choices to transfer my data to the new system? I know they said there's going to be a new transfer kit available at retail for 20 bucks, but can I use an old transfer kit?

Use a flash drive if ya' got one

Jtyettis said:
Is that Gamestop? I read they are shipping out now. Amazon seems to have been held up, but according to one post the early folks should be shipping out soon.

Yeah, it's Gamestop (ebgames.com to be exact). I did overnight shipping so I can get it tomorrow. Couldn't resist. ;)

Hmm, I'm tempted to do this, but not for the Slim. I got my 360 for exclusives, and until GOW3 and ME3 (well unless I get a great PC), I really have no use for it. I'm also moving in July so the extra space (and more so less wires) would be pretty useful.

I'd be able to get lets see
Xbox Arcade (only one controler) 100
Extra trade in deal for systems 25
20 Gig HD 30

I figure by the time GOW3 or ME3 hit, the new cheaper 360s slims will be out and I'll just get that. So about 155 bucks to spend on games. I'd say I'd get a DS, but that's sort of pointless at the moment. :lol

Sound like a good idea?

EDIT: Anyone find some place selling cheap wired controllers that you can make more trading in?

Top Bottom