• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

goldenpp72

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Hmm, I'm tempted to do this, but not for the Slim. I got my 360 for exclusives, and until GOW3 and ME3 (well unless I get a great PC), I really have no use for it. I'm also moving in July so the extra space (and more so less wires) would be pretty useful.

I'd be able to get lets see
Xbox Arcade (only one controler) 100
Extra trade in deal for systems 25
20 Gig HD 30

I figure by the time GOW3 or ME3 hit, the new cheaper 360s slims will be out and I'll just get that. So about 155 bucks to spend on games. I'd say I'd get a DS, but that's sort of pointless at the moment. :lol

Sound like a good idea?

EDIT: Anyone find some place selling cheap wired controllers that you can make more trading in?

Extra 25 doesnt work I think.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Hmm, I'm tempted to do this, but not for the Slim. I got my 360 for exclusives, and until GOW3 and ME3 (well unless I get a great PC), I really have no use for it. I'm also moving in July so the extra space (and more so less wires) would be pretty useful.

I'd be able to get lets see
Xbox Arcade (only one controler) 100
Extra trade in deal for systems 25
20 Gig HD 30

I figure by the time GOW3 or ME3 hit, the new cheaper 360s slims will be out and I'll just get that. So about 155 bucks to spend on games. I'd say I'd get a DS, but that's sort of pointless at the moment. :lol

Sound like a good idea?

EDIT: Anyone find some place selling cheap wired controllers that you can make more trading in?

I think the trade-in offer is only towards the new 360.

So assuming by the pictures, faceplates will no longer fit on the new Xbox 360 slims?

Also, I noticed the pricing list for GS trade-in values. Any word on how much you receive in trade-in credit for the play and charge kits?

I'm really torn right now. I have a launch system that's never had an issue (!!!), but I want to upgrade. I want the new slim, but the amazon arcade deal makes the most sense because I already have a 20 gig HD, 16 gig flash drive and a wi-fi adapter.

DasRaven

OJdaKiller said:
So assuming by the pictures, faceplates will no longer fit on the new Xbox 360 slims?

Also, I noticed the pricing list for GS trade-in values. Any word on how much you receive in trade-in credit for the play and charge kits?

My locals say $5.75 (cord and battery) or $3 (battery only). No trade-in bump for those.

Aspiring

Did anyone order form playasia? I did and my order has now changed to preparing order :D

Only thing that confuses me is that it says it has a release date of 21st June, yet my estimated shipping date says today. Hopefully it ships today. Cant wait.

PopcornMegaphone said:
I'm really torn right now. I have a launch system that's never had an issue (!!!), but I want to upgrade. I want the new slim, but the amazon arcade deal makes the most sense because I already have a 20 gig HD, 16 gig flash drive and a wi-fi adapter.

I know the suspense is killing everyone... I got the arcade. :p

Zachack said:
I know they do but I'm seriously doubting it'll be near what GS is doing. At a glance, though:
Wireless controller: $4
Wireless N adapter: $18
Wireless G adapter: $14
Xbox Pro 20gig: $56

Not a tough decision here.

Yeah, not so much.

Is there any confirmation on whether or not these new controllers come with rechargeable batteries (or how they will be powered)? I've had bad luck with the batteries on mine (they run die out quickly) and have had to replace them often.

MikeE21286 said:
Is there any confirmation on whether or not these new controllers come with rechargeable batteries (or how they will be powered)? I've had bad luck with the batteries on mine (they run die out quickly) and have had to replace them often.
i wanna know this too.

I think if you want to get this as soon as possible you are probably going to have to try your luck at Best Buy, Walmart or Gamestop. I don't think Amazon is going to be able to get anyone hooked up until at least some time next week.

Has it been confirmed either way if this thing has an IR sensor on it? It looks like it doesn't but since it has that piano black finish it could just as easily be hidden behind the front face somewhere. I want to upgrade (my 20GB Pro is about full) but the whole thing is contingent on the new model having an IR port since this thing NEEDS to work with my Harmony remote.

MikeE21286 said:
use rechargable AA's

infinityBCRT said:
use rechargable AA's

I understand there are multiple ways to fix this....I just want to know if the new controller has a rechargeable battery that can be plugged into usb slots and be charged (which I'm pretty sure has been rumored)

DasRaven

MikeE21286 said:
I understand there are multiple ways to fix this....I just want to know if the new controller has a rechargeable battery that can be plugged into usb slots and be charged (which I'm pretty sure has been rumored)

It does not. It is the same controller, just all black.
slim-unboxing41-hands.jpg

slim-unboxing40-hands.jpg

StrikerObi said:
Has it been confirmed either way if this thing has an IR sensor on it? It looks like it doesn't but since it has that piano black finish it could just as easily be hidden behind the front face somewhere. I want to upgrade (my 20GB Pro is about full) but the whole thing is contingent on the new model having an IR port since this thing NEEDS to work with my Harmony remote.

Yup, it's where the controller sync button is.

Edit: pre-ordered mine with GAME today :D

Rat Salad

Banned
PopcornMegaphone said:

Just jump on and get a new one. I use to have a 3 1/2 year old 360 and never had an issue. Last week it just RROD out of nowhere though and none of the repair men could fix it,usually they always can fix a RROD machine but this one had a dead gpu. So what the hell,why not get a new one,you may be on borrowed time with your old box like I was mine.

Talked to a Gamestop employee on my break. He laughed when I asked about the trade-in deal. Probably getting asked a lot. May just get there at opening tomorrow and hang around..

Someone talk me out of getting one of these. I have a 360. I don't need to be spending ~$150 to get another one.

BUT MY 120GB IS SO SMALL...

And it sounds like a goddamn jet engine and I play with it like five feet away from me and it's horrible.

And it takes up too much space on my desk.

But I will feel like a fucking idiot buying a different version of something I already have.

Just ordered one from Gamestop, I was gonna try getting one in store but I don't really want the hassle of getting up early and waiting for the store to open just to try and get 1 of the 4 units my local GS is getting.

Son of Godzilla said:
Someone talk me out of getting one of these. I have a 360. I don't need to be spending ~$150 to get another one.

And it sounds like a goddamn jet engine and I play with it like five feet away from me and it's horrible.

But I will feel like a fucking idiot buying a different version of something I already have.

OH MY GOD ME TOO.

But Think of it this way: You're paying 150 instead of 299(+tax) for an enhanced reboot of a system with more features than it's ever had before. Plus you wont have to completely fill your hard drive with your retail game collection any more to keep the noise down since it's so quiet.

Guy Legend

Son of Godzilla said:

Sell it on craigslist. You will be upgrading rather than buying another one.

MCD

will ask again here:

anyone got any clue about the power supply unit voltage? is it universal?

thanks.

I plan on doing the Gamestop trade in deal. I will get $215 and I got like $60 down for a game pre-ordered so I'll just cancel that and only have to pay like $45.

kazuo

darkressurection said:
Just ordered one from Gamestop, I was gonna try getting one in store but I don't really want the hassle of getting up early and waiting for the store to open just to try and get 1 of the 4 units my local GS is getting.

They likely won't come in until friday afternoon, which is when many Gamestops will receive their shipments.

This according to a Gamestop employee.

I dislike Gamestop, but given that the resale value of 360's has completely bottomed-out thanks to the Wal-Mart and Amazon deals, the best option at this point (especially for people like me with older consoles) is to trade it in to Gamestop and eat the tax.

Sigh.

GS does have the best deal for those who want to upgrade. I sold my system a long time ago so I can't wait to get another one.

On a side note (which is beating a dead horse), I don't understand the hate so many people have for GameStop. They supply a need that many people look for. If it wasn't for them, a lot of gamers wouldn't be able to find older titles or even afford half the titles we buy. Every retailer has it's shortcomings.

Guy Legend said:
Sell it on craigslist.
I've got one of the launch models with no warranty and no HDMI. I would feel guilty selling this to an actual human being for money.

LongDongJunon said:
Plus you wont have to completely fill your hard drive with your retail game collection any more to keep the noise down since it's so quiet.
Dude I install every game I play. It still sounds like a fucking harrier. It shuts up when playing DVD movies, but anything else and it's horrible.

Hawk269

Digital-Hero said:
Yeah, it's Gamestop (ebgames.com to be exact). I did overnight shipping so I can get it tomorrow. Couldn't resist. ;)

I ordered also through them, but got an email tonight that some issue my credit card and had to update. I think I may be delayed now..which sucks since I ordered it shortly after they posted the pre-order...was off tomorrow and was looking forward to getting it. Hopefully I will have it Friday.

Lo-Volt

Son of Godzilla said:
I've got one of the launch models with no warranty and no HDMI. I would feel guilty selling this to an actual human being for money.

Have you considered www.gazelle.com? It's one of those green recycling websites; they might take your 360 if it's in good condition. I used it when no one would buy my old Zune, and it worked out OK. I sincerely doubt you'll be getting the kind of money people here are saying you can get at GameStop, though...

REV 09 said:
does the Edge card give extra trade in value on consoles too? it's like 10% extra on normal stuff right?
Edge card is only good on games and accessories. Since they are giving extra credit on the accessories value, I doubt the Edge card will stack on this deal.

mintylurb

Digital-Hero said:
Yeah, it's Gamestop (ebgames.com to be exact). I did overnight shipping so I can get it tomorrow. Couldn't resist. ;)
Ohh..Tell us whether or not your console arrives in one piece. I'm rather worried that if I order the new 360 from them, it would arrive all beat up due to inadequate packaging.

mintylurb said:
Ohh..Tell us whether or not your console arrives in one piece. I'm rather worried that if I order the new 360 from them, it would arrive all beat up due to inadequate packaging.

Yeah, I'll post here. I've bought game systems from them before and they were fine. My most recent was a slim PS3 last August.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Yeah I feel like kind of a dingus for buying a console I already have, but if it's quiter and more reliable and everything it'll be worth it I think. Plus I'll be upgrading from a 20gb to a 250gb, I need that space so bad.

I'll have to go through gamestop since I can get a decent deal on my old 360 but I'm just hoping that they'll still have some in stock in like a week or so.

mintylurb

Digital-Hero said:
Yeah, I'll post here. I've bought game systems from them before and they were fine. My most recent was a slim PS3 last August.
Thanks. That's good to know..I've bought some games from gamestop.com and they all came in one of those ups plastic bags that don't provide adequate protection. Anyway, I hope to order mine from gamestop.com soon.

Top Bottom