• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

OldJadedGamer said:
No new products found within 100 miles of this ZIP code.

I meant ordering online. They are reliable and you will probably get it faster than the stores. They still have them in stock for that. Damn I can't wait to go home, the wait is killer.

213rtk.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
AzBat said:
Accessories going all black...

xbox-360-black-1.jpg

Yeah i noticed even the 360 controller that comes with the "slim" has all black analog sticks and D-pad. I also see a black chat pad and wireless headset....will buy LOL!!!

Bad news for Wifi users - I'm using Ethernet but my friend is using Wifi primarily and his 360 Slim's Wifi connection is so shitty he cannot connect to Xbox Live, despite his Xbox Pro w/ Wireless Adapter getting perfect connection. =(

Saren is Bad said:
Bad news for Wifi users - I'm using Ethernet but my friend is using Wifi primarily and his 360 Slim's Wifi connection is so shitty he cannot connect to Xbox Live, despite his Xbox Pro w/ Wireless Adapter getting perfect connection. =(

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! You are lying. :(

I guess I will find out in few hours.

Zaphod

Cheech said:
Yes. You don't need a DVD or anything, the transfer software is built into the OS.

Awesome. Especially because I'm not entirely sure where that CD is at. Urge to upgrade is rising.

OldJadedGamer said:
No new products found within 100 miles of this ZIP code.

The online locator updates every 24 hours at the most. For new shipments it cannot be trusted, you have to call to see if something has come in in the last 24 hours.

Sean

Banned
Tip for those using USB stick transfer method for backing up your saves… press Y over the game for "Game Options" and u can transfer everything for that game all at once rather than having to do each save for that game manually (can also mass-delete that way).

Hope that makes sense and saves people some time, I was doing it the slow way transferring each save one by one until I realized this option.

DeVeAn

ShinAmano said:
What else would it be? Games installed I can just re-install...arcade games I can re-download...guess I nee a memory stick.

Will Gamestop allow me to do this in store?
I don't think so.

Kolgar

Stock supposedly coming tomorrow at my local Gamestop in southern Wisconsin.

So you guys who are trading old Xboxes--what are you bringing to the store? I've got my original packaging and all the AV cables and dongles and things that came with the console. Is that overkill to give all that stuff away?

Sean said:
Tip for those using USB stick transfer method for backing up your saves… press Y over the game for "Game Options" and u can transfer everything for that game all at once rather than having to do each save for that game manually (can also mass-delete that way).

Hope that makes sense and saves people some time, I was doing it the slow way transferring each save one by one until I realized this option.

You can transfer an entire CATEGORY. Games, Demos, etc.

The bad thing is you choose 'Games' it will transfer your saves AND dlc (including full arcade games) which may blow up your space requirements, but if you can get everything to fit (by using a large enough device or by deleting dlc that you will re-download) this is AWESOME.

AzBat

KaYotiX said:
Yeah i noticed even the 360 controller that comes with the "slim" has all black analog sticks and D-pad. I also see a black chat pad and wireless headset....will buy LOL!!!

I already made my chatpad black. Just need the black headset. Maybe I can finally go completely black with this too..

DeVeAn

Kolgar said:
Stock supposedly coming tomorrow at my local Gamestop in southern Wisconsin.

So you guys who are trading old Xboxes--what are you bringing to the store? I've got my original packaging and all the AV cables and dongles and things that came with the console. Is that overkill to give all that stuff away?
Yeah, the headset is like a dollar. Just give the required stuff. They take the Hard drive separate unless they changed that too.

KaYotiX

Banned
Just tried the WiFi and it works fine (console is close to my router so that could be it) but i took it upstairs and it still was a solid connection. I will always use a wired connection anyways but just thought id toss out my results.

jagowar

Amazon just updated my arrival date.... now June 23. Gonna be hard to wait that long but since I have credit at amazon I am gonna wait it out.

DasRaven

For all the "but, but it's not slim" people. Look at the difference here. (credit some new owner on gamefaqs)

4710060702_bc4a78dcb2_b.jpg

And 'Dat Ol Brick
4710060712_7bd7cdd605_b.jpg

And before anyone panics about WiFi
4709419711_29c11de7f8_b.jpg

LQX

DasRaven said:
For all the "but, but it's not slim" people. Look at the difference here. (credit some new owner on gamefaqs)

And 'Dat Ol Brick
4710060712_7bd7cdd605_b.jpg
Bu, bu, but its not as small as Wii.

jagowar

DasRaven said:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4033/4710060702_bc4a78dcb2_b.jpg

And 'Dat Ol Brick
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4020/4710060712_7bd7cdd605_b.jpg

dang.... that is much smaller than it looked from some of the other press shots. I have to wonder if they could have made it even thinner by removing the bulges at each end. I have to think there is nothing there since the motherboard is flat. If the thinnest point was the actual width it would look much smaller than it even does now.

FrankT

DasRaven said:

Perfect comparison. All it needs is a PS3 slim in there for a full comparison. You will tell the differnce between your old 360 and the new one when you put it on your stand.

Digital-Hero said:
I meant ordering online. They are reliable and you will probably get it faster than the stores. They still have them in stock for that. Damn I can't wait to go home, the wait is killer.

That's great and all but I have $275 ready in trade in credit with my old box.

Phoenix Fang said:
I have a wife who has her own gamertag, nephews and neices that comes around and some of them have their own gamertag. Since all my content are under my account, none of them will have access to it if I don't transfer them over to a new console. Maybe you need to think about that one.

Good point. You're right. That is an excellent reason.

Usually when people complain about license transfer though they talk about not having it hooked up to the internet or lugging it around the house. All I was saying was that I couldn't really relate to that since to me game consoles are like DVD players. You install them, hook everything up, and that's it. I think I often underestimate how many kids are on this board. When I was young I probably would have been lugging it to other rooms or even other houses all the time so that makes sense too.

Sean

Banned
Beer Monkey said:
You can transfer an entire CATEGORY. Games, Demos, etc.

The bad thing is you choose 'Games' it will transfer your saves AND dlc (including full arcade games) which may blow up your space requirements, but if you can get everything to fit (by using a large enough device or by deleting dlc that you will re-download) this is AWESOME.

Whoa, thanks for the heads up. This is even much more convenient, I've got a fairly large thumb drive (16gb) so I can transfer everything in one fell swoop pretty much. Saved a huge amount of time, thanks :D

Alucrid

Banned
derFeef said:
Oh wow I am surprised, really smaller! Now I hope it runs quiet and does not brake for real. Are there any impressions?

Posted earlier but with it reading from the disc it sounds like the old 360 with the disc installed. With the disc installed it sounds like nothing. As for whether or not it bricks...well I hope I never find out.

DasRaven

Digital-Hero said:
You can use trade-in credit (as long as its from Gamestop) on the site as well. That is what I did.

How does that work? The stores I visited today said that the slim had to be in the transaction for the price bumps to be in effect.
Is it possible for them to take the trade-in and apply it to an online order and have that shipped to your home?

Alucrid

Banned
derFeef said:
Ugh, blue neon lights,.... ugh... People have no taste.

I already have enough blue glowing lights in my room that make it hard to sleep, that's the last thing I need. Also it's really weird not seeing the power symbol in the middle of the right of light. It's there, but it's just a frosted image over a green dot that isn't very apparent.

Top Bottom