• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

360 Slim - $299. 250GB, built in Wifi. Available now.

Mrbob

Does gamestop accept broken systems? :lol

I think I might have to try and xclamp fix my old one. Wonder if I can trade in two Xbox 360 systems towards this deal? I can pretty much get a new one for free if I trade in both 360s, my wifi adapter and my 120 hdd.

Digital-Hero said:
You can use trade-in credit (as long as its from Gamestop) on the site as well. That is what I did.

Two stores said it had to be done at the same time. How do I go about shipping my current 360 and all my shit back to them?

Mrbob said:
Does gamestop accept broken systems? :lol.

Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value

outunderthestars said:
Holy hell. I kept watching the table with the current 360, expecting him to pick up the slim and place it next to it, then my jaw dropped when he uncovered it instead.

My 360 was destroyed in a flood a couple of weeks ago, so this is perfect. :)

Day 1...

Sorry to hear that man. May the future bring you DAT 360 SLIM goodness. :)

watership

DasRaven said:
Nope. Single-band, 2.4Ghz.

That sounds like a downgrade from the dual band N adapter. I hope that doesn't impact 1080p streaming. And if it does i hope i can connect the adapter to the new box with no problem.

Jet Grind Radio! said:
Yup. But I ran out of black bricks, so I have to use yellow and blue ones.

:lol

Digital-Hero said:
That is what sold me. I want to leave work right now and hook my crap up. Oh well, 55 mins left!

Tell your boss, "fuck you and fuck this job, I'm going home to play dat slim!"

skyfinch

Jtyettis said:
Perfect comparison. All it needs is a PS3 slim in there for a full comparison. You will tell the differnce between your old 360 and the new one when you put it on your stand.

Judging from this video, the PS3 Slim isn't much smaller than the old Xbox. The guy actually says they're the same width. So by the video, looks like Xbox 250 gig is a bit small than the Ps3 slim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KjBGXU2Q0

watership said:
I know that. But the wireless N adapter is a dual band device, while it appears the new 360 is only a single band.

Right now i have my 360 on 5.8ghz N band. It doesn't have any impact from the rest of my G/B 2.4ghz traffic.

Oh i gotcha. That is a bummer. :(

DasRaven

watership said:
That sounds like a downgrade from the dual band N adapter. I hope that doesn't impact 1080p streaming. And if it does i hope i can connect the adapter to the new box with no problem.

It is a downgrade from the previous option, but an upgrade from the previous standard.
And yes, you can add the dual band adapter if you need it. There are supposedly flip out feet for it to mount to on the 360S.

Official QnA on the Xbox forum.

JardeL

DasRaven said:
For all the "but, but it's not slim" people. Look at the difference here. (credit some new owner on gamefaqs)

4710060702_bc4a78dcb2_b.jpg
adsz2xn2.jpg

After 5 years, new X360 S is only %17 smaller. And still has that huge power brick. We all know what Sony did with PS2 after 5 years.

Anyway, 250GB & Wi-fi upgrades are great though. But still not enough to convince me to buy.

I called Gamestop and they said that in-store credit can be used to buy things on their online store. What I'm wondering is if the trade-in deal to get the new 360 will work if I just use the credit to order it online.

JardeL said:
adsz2xn2.jpg

After 5 years, new X360 S is only %17 smaller. And still has that huge power brick. We all know what Sony did with PS2 after 5 years.

Anyway, 250GB & Wi-fi upgrades are great though. But still not enough to convince me to buy.

WTH?

JardeL said:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1747/adsz2xn2.jpg

Then don't get one.

Just a friendly PSA, I was just randomly browsing Amazon and saw Xbox Live 12 month subscriptions are 30 bucks on Amazon

With regards to this beauty, I'm gonna wait until later in the year to potentially make the plunge. I'm actually one of those weirdos still on the launch Xbox :lol It looks sexy as hell. I am a little pissed that I threw away my 20GB hard drive when I upgraded to 120GB though after seeing the Gamestop trade-in values.

FrankT

Gillian Seed said:

:lol Indeed.

skyfinch said:
Judging from this video, the PS3 Slim isn't much smaller than the old Xbox. The guy actually says they're the same width. So by the video, looks like Xbox 250 gig is a bit small than the Ps3 slim.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9KjBGXU2Q0

Gotcha. I guess one could just compare the tech specs of each to find out the differnces as well (if the dimensions are listed for the PS3 slim).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The trade in stuff is very tempting. My old 360 has some issues reading discs but still works, but I bought another and planned to sell it on ebay...but I still have it. So that would be, with a controller each, $200? Then the wireless adapter which I wouldn't need, which is $40.

The kicker is the HD. I have a 120 GB, but I DON'T want to lose the stuff on it. Any ideas to keep all my stuff to put back on the slim? I don't have a transfer cable anymore and IIRC it said those are only to be used once.

goldenpp72

Papercuts said:
The trade in stuff is very tempting. My old 360 has some issues reading discs but still works, but I bought another and planned to sell it on ebay...but I still have it. So that would be, with a controller each, $200? Then the wireless adapter which I wouldn't need, which is $40.

The kicker is the HD. I have a 120 GB, but I DON'T want to lose the stuff on it. Any ideas to keep all my stuff to put back on the slim? I don't have a transfer cable anymore and IIRC it said those are only to be used once.

you'd need a transfer cable, or a usb stick but I don't think those work on locked data.

I have one and you can use em all you want, they don't self destruct..

Papercuts said:

Your best bet are usb sticks 16gb and under.

You'd also want to transfer your license through the xbox website to make sure everything you downloaded can be played offline.

Papercuts said:

You can use them as many times as you want, as long as you are not downsizing.

Man, I could get a new 360 for $6 + tax and all that it would cost me would be 1 old wireless controller. Those 360 trade values at GS are actually...decent. 360 + 2 wireless controllers + 250 gig HD + headset + 64 & 256MB memory cards = $244. Tempting.

I wasn't interested before (my 3 year old 360 is still running perfect), but I'll call tomorrow and see if they have any in stock. If so I'm trading up.

whitehawk

Banned
JardeL said:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/1747/adsz2xn2.jpg[IMG]

[B]After 5 years[/B], new X360 S is only %17 smaller. And still has that huge power brick. We all know what Sony did with PS2 after 5 years.

Anyway, 250GB & Wi-fi upgrades are great though. But still not enough to convince me to buy.[/QUOTE]It's closer to 4 years dummy.

JardeL said:

I know. It's not like they removed any touted features from the PS3 like Backwards Compatib...oh.

JardeL said:
adsz2xn2.jpg

At the end of the day, Sony are a hardware company, Microsoft is not.

It's a shame that 360's footprint is not smaller, but on the other hand, they might have taken quality control serious this time. The lack of noise is great!

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
watership said:
I know that. But the wireless N adapter is a dual band device, while it appears the new 360 is only a single band.

Right now i have my 360 on 5.8ghz N band. It doesn't have any impact from the rest of my G/B 2.4ghz traffic.
-Any- 802.11n wireless adapter drops to b/g when/if necessary (i.e. when the access point is b/g only or an 802.11n access point has dropped to b/g because a b/g device is “associated” with the access point). I don’t think there is any difference between built-in and external USB adapter in that sense.

Chris R

JardeL said:

Microsoft is a software company first and foremost. Sony is a hardware company first and foremost. I still think the new 360 is the best one yet, and it includes wifi which should have been in the 360 from day 1.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Jet Grind Radio! said:
I know. It's not like they removed any touted features from the PS3 like Backwards Compatib...oh.

I know. He said PS3 and not PS2....oh.

skyfinch

JardeL said:

PS2 had no where near as many components to shrink down, as compared to the 360. And in fact, Microsoft has added more to the box and still managed to get it down in size.

Not a big deal, anyways. Just running more efficient and quieter is all I care about. The thing could be the size of Xbox 1 for all I care. It's not like I will be carrying it around like an Ipod.

FrankT

Anandtech sweet. Just as good if not better.

KaYotiX said:
Just tried the WiFi and it works fine (console is close to my router so that could be it) but i took it upstairs and it still was a solid connection. I will always use a wired connection anyways but just thought id toss out my results.

Same here just tested mine on a crappy b/g connection. 4 bars pretty much locked with it seems an in-line download rate.

JardeL said:

I loved the PS2 slim, but Sony also removed the HDD slot from there and they removed features from the PS3 as well.

NinjaFridge said:
I know. He said PS3 and not PS2....oh.

How about you guys just stop the trolling so people that come here for info don't have to go through all this fanboys stuff? If you are not interest in the new 360, any way why even come here (beside to troll that is).

Anyway my local store didn't get any in he told me to come early as they seems to have a lot of interest.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
antiquegamer said:
How about you guys just stop the trolling so people that come here for info don't have to go through all this fanboys stuff? If you are not interest in the new 360, any way why even come here (beside to troll that is).

Anyway my local store didn't get any in he told me to come early as they seems to have a lot of interest.

I'm trolling? I swear GAF wasn't this sensitive before E3.

Top Bottom