• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DMark (2013) is Out

Does this have cats in it? If not then I'm sticking to the Catzilla benchmark.

Lol that space station totally looks like it's just swiped from one of the maps in that shitty space mp fps they made.

Are you talking about Shattered Horizon? Because that game was pretty fun. Being limited to Win 7 as well as the hardware requirements killed it. But damn was that game fun.

ron-paul.gif

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Are you talking about Shattered Horizon? Because that game was pretty fun. Being limited to Win 7 as well as the hardware requirements killed it. But damn was that game fun.

Yep, the game became a big pile of shit when they ruined the default weapon and added like 4 of the worst multiplayer weapons ever created. It was also as half-baked a concept as it gets.

mkenyon

Banned
Well, they are a business. They need to market a product that people who actually pay for licenses want, which is an accurate benchmarking tool with all sorts of fun data.

I've always felt the prettiness was a tertiary benefit to it.

cyen

ICE STORM
Result details
VALID RESULT
SCORE
Graphics Score 338195
Physics Score 58529

CLOUD GATE
Result details
VALID RESULT
SCORE
Graphics Score 54667
Physics Score 8633

FIRE STRIKE
Result details
VALID RESULT
SCORE
Graphics Score 8530
Physics Score 11966
Combined Score 3212

3770k+7970

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Fire Strike ran like ass, as I expected. My 560Ti is definitely in need of a replacement.
Surely you want to buy new GPU when you can't run the games you want acceptably rather than benchmarks...

That Deep Freeze 06 tech demo looks really good, I want a game like that...

Haunted

Doesn't let me download the demo from Steam. I'll try again later.

Saw that it has achievements. Achievements for benchmark software! Truly, we're through the looking glass.

Can't even get to the later benchmark it just stops during the first 500 fps ugly ass one. Tried three times, screw this.

Great got it to run and now I can't see my score. It could have used a fourth benchmark imo.

It went from 800 to 200 to 10 fps lol.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Achievements in an app like this made me giggle. Leaderboards, I understand, see whose e-peen is the biggest, but achievements?

owasog

Why is their score on the 660 Ti so high? Mine is the overclocked 3GB EVGA one and way lower.
Very strange, my GTX 660 (non-Ti) scores more than your 660-Ti! My Graphics-score: 4547. There must be something wrong with your setup.

EDIT: Are you sure you haven't forced AA/AF/Vsync in the drivers?

Omikaru

Surely you want to buy new GPU when you can't run the games you want acceptably rather than benchmarks...

Indeed. 3DMark is a neat tool for a visual treat, but I know it's just that, and that many games will be scale-able. No doubt I'll be waiting until I struggle to run games at a good level, but I think that day will be arriving soon. I'm not complaining too much; the 560Ti was only ever a compromise because I had a smaller budget when building, and I've had it since October 2011 which is far longer than I originally planned to. Holding out for the 700 series at this point...

muu

I remember when 3DMark was that special graphical beast that gave us a glimpse into the future of graphics.

Now it looks like an average 360 game.

Says a lot about how much production values account for graphical fidelity. The spy one in 2012 or 2011 made my head hurt in terms of how awful it looked.

bgbball31

Ice Storm
Score - 123920

Graphics Score - 223564

Physics Score - 48407

Cloud Gate
Score - 14205

Graphics Score - 38082

Physics Score - 4447

Fire Strike
Score - 4162

Graphics Score - 4783

Physics Score - 6198

Combined Score - 1688

i2500k and GTX580 both at stock.

It just crashes for me during the shitty mobile test (hd6870 catalyst 13.1). Tried twice, twice it hardlocks my pc (task manager won't work either) so I had to reset my pc both times.

Fuck it, only one test is made for pc anyhow it seems.

RazorK1d

I love new tech benchmarks. Part of the fun of upgrading your rig is comparing your numbers from previous builds as well as the fluidity of the demo. The FireStrike demo was by far the most taxing and 3DMark's coolest for me. My results are below.

ICE STORM 160905
Graphics score - 342522
Physics Score - 56343

CLOUD GATE 23450
Graphics Score - 51444
Physics Score - 8074

FIRE STRIKE 6844
Graphics Score - 7648
Physics Score - 11148
Combined Score - 2891

Core i5 2500k OC'ed @ 4.4 GHz
16GB DDR3 Ram @667 MHz
GeForce GTX 680 (Single card)
240 GB SSD

pelican

Single GPU 7970 Power. MSI Lightning at my stable clock of 1200/1500. CPU = i5 3570k @4.3. Ignore the HDD at the bottom. My SSD is currently RMA.

5wl.jpg

Hoo doggy, I ran this on my work machine for shits and giggles, what a disaster

This is from an AMD Radeon HD 6770 card, 12 gigs of RAM, and the real shitter - a probably 6 year old 2.00GHz dual core processor.

Actually I was surprised how good it was running... until Fire Strike started.

1.4fps baby

"Now it looks like an average 360 game."

There isn't a single 360 game on this earth, now or in the future, that comes close to the FireStrike demo. Not even remotely.

Ricker

Downloaded on Steam and it stays on pause at 99 % and says it's still encrypted so it doesn't launch,I knew I should of got this somewhere else...

Portugeezer

My 5850:
On the default settings (free version) First two demos were very smooth in the graphics part. Second physics demo fucked up, 15fps or something.

Third demo was like 15 fps, combined demo was like 5 - 10fps.

How important is CPU in this? I know my CPU is not that good.

My 5850:
On the default settings (free version) First two demos were very smooth in the graphics part. Second physics demo fucked up, 15fps or something.

Third demo was like 15 fps, combined demo was like 5 - 10fps.

How important is CPU in this? I know my CPU is not that good.

First demo is designed for mobile devices (it's a benchmark for your phone)

Second demo is designed for a low end laptop/netbook

Third demo is designed for high end PC's

loganclaws

Plane Escape Torment
I love new tech benchmarks. Part of the fun of upgrading your rig is comparing your numbers from previous builds as well as the fluidity of the demo. The FireStrike demo was by far the most taxing and 3DMark's coolest for me. My results are below.

ICE STORM 160905
Graphics score - 342522
Physics Score - 56343

CLOUD GATE 23450
Graphics Score - 51444
Physics Score - 8074

FIRE STRIKE 6844
Graphics Score - 7648
Physics Score - 11148
Combined Score - 2891

Core i5 2500k OC'ed @ 4.4 GHz
16GB DDR3 Ram @667 MHz
GeForce GTX 680 (Single card)
240 GB SSD

Strange, I have the same CPU OCed to 4.6 GHz and two GTX680 cards in SLI and I get lower scores! Does this benchmark not support SLI?

Top Bottom