• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regiruler

I prefer this naritive over sending it out to die on the Wii U where its sales will be limited by its unpopularity in the marketplace. Zelda was the swan song for the Wii, I'd rather it kickstart a new platform this time around.

Like how 3D world was "limited" to 4.5 million copies.

Attach rate for wii u software is absurd, lets not pretend that it wouldn't break 3 mil easily.

So a bunch of garbage with nuggets of gold. Typical Nintendo year got it

Not to turn this into a fanboy thread but i terms of critically acclaimed software, neither the xbox one or ps4 have exactly been setting the world on fire either. Tons of first and third disappointments those fronts. Only really hyped for dark souls III right now which is day one for me.

In general I dont think this gen will match the heights of last gen let alone the heights of gen six but maybe thats me being a debbie downer.

AdanVC

Twilight Princess HD, Pokken, Starfox Zero, Paper Mario and #FE at some point...before NX. :p

Yeah those games are coming from Wii U and it's great. But unfortunately, I'm not interested in any of them and it's sad because I want to be hyped for them but I just can't. I just hope Paper Mario U turns out good and it's more like TTYD and not like Sticker Star otherwise I would really have to stick playing nothing but Splatoon until Zelda comes out
for NX.

So Wii U isn't even going to have its own Zelda? That's pretty sad.

It's for the good. Home console Zelda games desserves all the sales it can and it would be suicidal to stay as a exclusive for a system that it's becoming as relevant as a flip phone as each day pass by. Better port it into a newly fresh and (let's hope so) powerful console.

Faustek

Not to turn this into a fanboy thread but i terms of block buster software, neither the xbox one or ps4 have exactly been setting the world on fire either. Tons of first and third disappointments those fronts. Only really hyped for dark souls III right now which is day one for me.

In general I dont think this gen will match the heights of last gen let alone the heights of gen six but maybe thats me being a debbie downer.

Well you did start going fanboy so good job on that front -.-

Instro

Like how 3D world was "limited" to 4.5 million copies.

Attach rate for wii u software is absurd, lets not pretend that it wouldn't break 3 mil easily.

Not sure what is so confusing, even with good attach rates all of the WiiU games they've released have been some of the lowest selling entries in their respective series. The exact same thing would happen with Zelda.

Well you did start going fanboy so good job on that front -.-

I probably should have mentioned that I have a ps4 and sold my wiiu due to a dearth of software for it. Does that help? I keep heavy tabs on the goings of the industry. The I quoted poster seems to be really dismissive of nintendos output which is fine but if you ask me, in general this gen is really off to a slow start software wise.

SalvaPot

So a bunch of garbage with nuggets of gold. Typical Nintendo year got it

Oh TI ;)

latest

Faustek

I probably should have mentioned that I have a ps4 and sold my wiiu due to a dearth of software for it. Does that help? I keep heavy tabs on the goings of the industry. The I quoted poster seems to be really dismissive of nintendos output which is fine but if you ask me, in general this gen is really off to a slow start software wise.

Nah doesn't really matter.
Just annoying to see "and x/y" which has nothing to do with anything in the thread.

I don't go around in OB/GYN wards and tell people I have a large penis. It just doesn't fit.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I prefer this naritive over sending it out to die on the Wii U where its sales will be limited by its unpopularity in the marketplace. Zelda was the swan song for the Wii, I'd rather it kickstart a new platform this time around.
nah, it will count as a Wii U game like TP counts as a GC game and the Wii version is the port.

i expect even less control differences this time compared to TP's dual release.
It's for the good. Home console Zelda games desserves all the sales it can and it would be suicidal to stay as a exclusive for a system that it's becoming as relevant as a flip phone as each day pass by. Better port it into a newly fresh and (let's hope so) powerful console.

It's good for NX, even better that if won't have much of a control difference, but it also reinforces what a failure Wii U is.

Nah doesn't really matter.
Just annoying to see "and x/y" which has nothing to do with anything in the thread.

I don't go around in OB/GYN wards and tell people I have a large penis. It just doesn't fit.

Terrible penis joke.

All i really did was take his post and agree in an all around way. But on thread derailment i agree. I digress and wont touch on this any further.

Im excited for the NX which hopefully brings with it some awesome software.

Pinky

Banned
My source agrees with you on that.

Which makes perfect sense. 3DS, from a sales perspective, is obviously way stronger in comparison to Wii U, so it makes sense for Nintendo to launch the NX console first. Establish it, bring killer software/apps at launch, build a strong user base, etc... 3DS, as strong as it is in comparison to Wii U, is definitely walking on tired legs, but its life expectancy will clearly extend beyond Wii U's, so seeing the NX handheld arrive after the NX console shouldn't be a big blow. However, if Nintendo truly wants to have unified development between console and handheld and release software that works on both SKUs, they would be wise to release the NX console and handheld VERY close to each other.

Zelda getting the TP treatment again?

Wii U's user base is so small, it makes perfect sense to push the title to NX as well. As a cross gen title, it will get more exposure.

antonz

I know I get a lot of flack when I say it but lets be real. Skyward Sword was sent out to die when it was released. The Wii had been abandoned by even most of the most dedicated owners. It came too late in the Wii lifespan.

Zelda U not coming to NX would be complete idiocy as it too it being released to die on the Wii U. NX at least offers an additional audience then just wii u owners.

TI82

Banned
Not to turn this into a fanboy thread but i terms of critically acclaimed software, neither the xbox one or ps4 have exactly been setting the world on fire either. Tons of first and third disappointments those fronts. Only really hyped for dark souls III right now which is day one for me.

I play on pc mostly

Haha hi salva

Banned
Oh c'mon OP, if you're going to get this source of yours in trouble, at least give us Wii U or NX stuff. I find it hard to get excited about Disney Magical World 2 leaking.

Also yeah, who is this really benefiting? I mean we got a thread out of it, but it's not worth someone losing their job (or friendship).
His source works for NoA marketing. Why would be have NX info or release information about it when Nintendo HQ probably doesn't even know or has finished their marketing plan yet?

The only way your getting NX info is if someone's source works for Nintendo Japan or is a third party dev with a dev kit and documentation with spec sheets.

Not ro be rude, but if the only the game you are hyped for is Dark Souls 3, then you are so far from the mainstream audience that I am not sure you are representative of any substantial market segment

AdanVC

I really wonder if Metroid Federation Force is either going to look completely different from what we've seen at E3 due to the massive negativity reception or they would just go ahead like if nothing happened and ship the game as it was originally planned. Nintendo haven't mentioned the game at all since E3 and according to the info on the OP, the game is coming on Spring. Maybe Nintendo will just quietly release and move on ASAP.

Malus

I wouldn't expect more than 1080p (or even 900p), higher resolution textures and maybe a bit of anti-aliasing.
Always keep your expectations low.

I can't tell the difference between resolutions tbh, but I'll take anti-aliasing erryday.

I also think you're greatly underestimating how much donut screens and scroll wheels will enhance the Zelda experience :p

Red Devil

His source works for NoA marketing. Why would be have NX info or release information about it when Nintendo HQ probably doesn't even know or has finished their marketing plan yet?

The only way your getting NX info is if someone's source works for Nintendo Japan or is a third party dev with a dev kit and documentation with spec sheets.

I was convinced this could be true, but now I read your post and I'm skeptical.

Davey Cakes

The Wii U potentially getting replaced this year just makes me sad...I feel like it just got here.
It's not getting outright replaced. It's getting phased out, sooner rather than later.

I absolutely believe the NX console is coming first. Unlike the 3DS, the Wii U has no momentum after the holiday period and nothing coming up that will build momentum. It will still have games here and there but it's clearly on its last legs as Nintendo wants to move on and put their resources into something with more promise.

The short life cycle is unfortunate but that's what happens when you have a console that's a marketing and sales disaster.

I love my Wii U but I've now accepted it as a transitional HD console for Nintendo. I'm super excited for NX in all forms.

So Nintendo shouldn't take advantage of the capabilities of new tech, because of the last gen version?

How does that make any sense?

What if the PS5 is coming in april with Uncharted 4 ?

A lot of people bought a WiiU because they love Zelda, the result is they did it for nothing.

The Wii U potentially getting replaced this year just makes me sad...I feel like it just got here.

The same(I don't give a damn about NX console)

And where is Monster Hunter X on the 3DS Line up? It would be weird if capcom/Nintendo don't release this game this year.

But that post is about EA and NX devkits? I still don't get how the OP's source is verified.

Bish wasn't commenting on Trev's post. He was simply saying that his source has been verified since he's been trying to get verification after he began making claims a few days ago.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
But that post is about EA and NX devkits? I still don't get how the OP's source is verified.

I suppose the context of the post is confusing, as that source and confirmation had nothing to do with the EA rumor.

Most of the discussion of Trevelyan9999's source happened in an NX thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1171059) that was recently closed. The source that provided the info in this 3DS thread is the only source that Trevelyan9999 has sought approval for. I'm guessing that bishoptl posted their public approval of the source in the EA thread likely because the old NX thread, where this rumor was originally posted, was closed and because this thread didn't exist yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom