• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS 2016 Line Up By Nintendo Revealed (Verified Source at Nintendo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerJM

Banned
If one of those is RHTB+ I dunno if I wanna get it since I already have the Japanese version, but I want to support the series

takriel

What if the PS5 is coming in april with Uncharted 4 ?

A lot of people bought a WiiU because they love Zelda, the result is they did it for nothing.
Zelda Wii U has been in the works for 5 years, long before the NX was a thing. I'm sure the Wii U version will be fine. 720p and 30 fps is my guess. However, why shouldn't they take advantage of better hardware? Especially for a home console Zelda game, which has always served as a graphical showcase of what Nintendo is capable of.

Kaisos

Because of the other thing stamped on its title

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all "verified source" mean in this context that OP named a real person who works at Nintendo?

That... doesn't necessarily mean that his information is real.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but doesn't all "verified source" mean in this context that OP named a real person who works at Nintendo?

Being that the source is from Nintendo, the line up is still "by" Nintendo. Theoretically, its CEO could just as easily make a false statement.

Kaisos

Being that the source is from Nintendo, the line up is still "by" Nintendo. Theoretically, its CEO could just as easily make a false statement.

Theoretically, OP could also be lying and never actually talked to this person at all, which is what I was suggesting.

I think it's unwise to stamp "VERIFIED" on purported leaks without actual documentation like this.

According to this rumor, they're still getting Zelda U, so what's the problem, exactly?

The only (minor) problem I see here is that the Wii U would be the very first Nintendo home console to not ever receive its own exclusive Zelda game during its time, which is really sad if you think about it.

Caramello

The only (minor) problem I see here is that the Wii U would be the very first Nintendo home console to not ever receive its own exclusive Zelda game during its time, which is really sad if you think about it.

Who cares? By the end of its life it'll have Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and a brand new Zelda. That's one of the best Zelda lineups on any console.

takriel

I agree, they should have made a new home console Zelda in a 3 year time fame. 5 years is a really, reaaally long time for one single game.

Gambit

but so is the Wii U.

Anything else would have been a huge surprise. It's probably Nintendo's most expensive game so far, so why "waste" that on their smallest userbase? At least it could build up a new one instead.

The problem is : you prefer the game to be better on a console you don't have, rather than on a console you already have.

That makes absolutely no sense for me.

Kaisos

Anything else would have been a huge surprise. It's probably Nintendo's most expensive game so far, so why "waste" that on their smallest userbase? At least it could build up a new one instead.

A nonexistent userbase is a far more reliable bet than an existing one, I agree.

takriel

The problem is : you prefer the game to be better on a console you don't have, rather than on a console you already have.

I prefer the game to perform better on a more powerful console than on a comparatively weaker console. How doesn't that make sense?

jariw

I looked at the OP's website history, which during the past half year has been from a site that posts standard speculation material from GameXplain and other sources, to own NX speculations, to own NX devkit reveals, and now own 3DS/Wii U reveals.

Personally, I doubt this info actually was given to OP.

Who cares? By the end of its life it'll have Wind Waker HD, Twilight Princess HD and a brand new Zelda. That's one of the best Zelda lineups on any console.

What does that even mean? Who honestly care?

There are people who care about that. Like for example:

I agree, they should have made a new home console Zelda in a 3 year time fame. 5 years is a really, reaaally long time for one single game.

wpfm6nT5QWx5S.gif

A lot of people will get NX no matter what, because they already know that it will be the place for nintendo games in the next couple of years.

It's absolutely not outlandish that those, who are already willing to buy NX without even knowing what it is, want the game to take advantage of it's better hardware.

But you don't have it o_O

really i don't understand

But he WILL own it when the game comes out.

Kaisos

that's why it said "At least it could build up a new one instead" (for a new console).

I don't even doubt that Zelda U will also be on NX, tbh. What I'm doubting is that the NX will be the overnight success some people think it'll be.

If I'm not mistaken, OP is the source of the M&S release date and Disney Art Academy, correct?

I don't know about Disney Art Academy, but I don't see a release date for M&S in the OP. Just a release window, which, given the subject matter of the game, just about anyone could guess.

A lot of people will get NX no matter what, because they already know that it will be the place for nintendo games in the next couple of years.

2011: A lot of people will get the WiiU no matter what, because they already know that it will be the place for nintendo games in the next couple of years.

Theoretically, OP could also be lying and never actually talked to this person at all, which is what I was suggesting.

I think it's unwise to stamp "VERIFIED" on purported leaks without actual documentation like this.

You want me to interview the individual or something and get some kind of voice scrambler? Lol, they already risked enough I would think. There is no way I could get the information they provided me without communication with them. Maybe you guys are not aware of how verifying an employee like this works? They took a gigantic risk doing this and trusting me to help them, however they knew getting verified by bishoptl was going to be a big help overall.

For some even if they were shown the evidence point blank in the face they would not believe it anyway and would still blow it off. This is ok of course and everyone has that option to choose what they want to believe.

A lot of people will get the WiiU no matter what, because they already know that it will be the place for nintendo games in the next couple of years.

I don't know what you are getting at, I wasn't talking about Zelda U as a systemseller, I (tried) to explain why people want an improved Zelda U on NX and the thought process behind it to Garcia.

Kaisos

Maybe you guys are not aware of how verifying an employee like this works?

Would you like to explain how it works? That mod post on the first page doesn't make it sound as though the mods necessarily have to have contact with the employee in question.

Furthermore, since you've (purportedly) leaked financial information, it's quite likely that someone, at least, is going to be fired because of your actions. Have you considered that?

Would you like to explain how it works? That mod post on the first page doesn't make it sound as though the mods necessarily have to have contact with the employee in question.

Furthermore, since you've (purportedly) leaked financial information, it's quite likely that someone, at least, is going to be fired because of your actions. Have you considered that?
I think it's obvious that was considered. That's why you're not getting confirmation from the employee in this thread :p

sviri

A nonexistent userbase is a far more reliable bet than an existing one, I agree.

Zelda is likely Nintendo's best shot at maximizing the initial user base of the NX so that they don't have a repeat of the Wii U's extremely weak sales.

jariw

Zelda is likely Nintendo's best shot at maximizing the initial user base of the NX so that they don't have a repeat of the Wii U's extremely weak sales.

You're aware of how little a Zelda game sells, compared to a regular Mario game, for example?

Kaisos

tbh I'm not even convinced any game could prove a system seller at this point. The WiiU's continued failure, despite getting the best entries ever in several of Nintendo's more enduring franchises, indicates to me that people simply don't want to pay for Nintendo systems anymore.

The new Zelda would have to be a pretty big deal to push, what, another 300-400 dollar console in the middle of the generation? Too bad we barely know a thing about it, huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom