• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS firmware update - 4/25 FOLDERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the update and its awesome! The eShop update is nice...but the folders. FOLDERS! FOLDERS!

I currently have my FOLDERS! Set up in in this way:

3DS menu is in two rows. On the first vertical row I have GameCard and eShop. After that on the top row I have all folders.

The folders are obvious, GB VC, GBC VC, etc.

On the bottom row I have a game/app/demo that goes in each folder catagory. Meaning that I just have to look at that icon to know what each folder is.

I r pretty smart aren't I? ;)

Edit: lol at everyone commenting on the improved search functions like "view all retail games" when they were already there before...

90sRobots

Fuck folders. For 12 years Windows OS have been able to recognize the file format I'm putting in certain folders. 3DS should be able to do the same. If I put a bunch of Game Boy games in a folder, there should be a Game Boy icon or something. When I pass the 3DS to friends, they should be able to see all the cool shit I have on my device, not peruse through nondescript folders.

5 minutes of my life for an update, whatever. Back to trolling AI in Snake Eater.

Jintor

I am more excited over the eShop revamp (even though 'more' is a relative term and all up I am not really that hype)

jokkir

I'm a bit confused. When do the patches start rolling out? Mario Kart with the folder update or sometime in May?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm a bit confused. When do the patches start rolling out? Mario Kart with the folder update or sometime in May?

They said Mario Kart patch would be due out in May, but this update gives developers the 'ability' to patch their titles (ie; Love Plus is receiving a patch too)

Ridley327

This update added the functionality for card-based games to receive patches. They simply just need to release them, which will first happen with Mario Kart in May.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I must be a colossal idiot. How do you create a folder?

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
I'm digging the folders. I'm glad they were smart enough to have a folder have the blue or green light if Spotpass or Streetpass data was available for something inside it.

The eShop update is also nice, but it still needs more work. I like that the more standard categories are on the bottom, but the top row of categories are mostly useless in telling me what's in them.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
My first page is the same as it ever was... it's the second and third pages that have changed...

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Maybe in a future update.
Folders make different sounds when you click on em?

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
JbYD6.jpg

My current Second Page.

3DS Downloadables
Virtual Console
Demos
Ambassador (VC games not yet in the shop)
DSiWare
Trailers (music note was closest to an audio/visual sorta icon)

NEAT!!!

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Anyone notice anything new -other- than the eShop changes and the folders?

The web browser has been updated, but I can't say if anything has changed...

jokkir

I know this may not be the right place to complain but I just played a game of Mario Kart 7 and Maka Wuhu was chosen. Half of the people took the shortcut causing me to lose. Patching needs to get here asap -__-

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I know this may not be the right place to complain but I just played a game of Mario Kart 7 and Maka Wuhu was chosen. Half of the people took the shortcut causing me to lose. Patching needs to get here asap -__-

If you can manage to break into the higher VR races, people don't pick it nearly as much. Or just stick with a few communities you can trust. Really sad that it probably destroyed Mario Kart 7's online much quicker than it should have.

And go complain in the Mario Kart 7 thread, because it needs to be kept alive

I'm a bit surprised at how... basic the folder thing is. They couldn't have made a bunch of system icons along with some fun Mario or Zelda or Pikmin icons? This just seems so... functional. Kinda un-Nintendo-like.

Wiz

I'm sure we'll all breath a sigh of relief when we can finally race that track the way it was meant to be.

Fight fire with fire, it's the only way not to be screwed.

Just think of how funny it will be when they forget there's a patch and still try to use the shortcut.

I'm sure we'll all breath a sigh of relief when we can finally race that track the way it was meant to be.

I was driving the course against the computer last night just for the heck of it(a break from online) and I just realized how hectic that track is going to be right past the shortcut.

Those narrow pathways with all those racers, should be glorious.

Seven folders for me

M- Misc. (Act. Log, camera, AR games, etc.)
e- 3D eShop titles
V- Videos (trailers)
N- 3D Classics
G- Game Boy titles
A- Ambassador titles and certificate
D- DSi Ware titles

Wiz

I was driving the course against the computer last night just for the heck of it(a break from online) and I just realized how hectic that track is going to be right past the shortcut.

Those narrow pathways with all those racers, should be glorious.

Indeed. It really is a great track. The last glide to the finish line is going to be especially chaotic.

jgkspsx

I love that the folders have their own zoom levels. I hope they add icons for folders too.

I use 4x6:
Column 1: Game card, Netflix, Nintendo Video, Mii Plaza
Column 2: Swapnote, Colors 3D, Zen Pinball, Pinball Pulse
Column 3: Dragon Crystal, Wario Land 4, Mario Picross, Tetris
Column 4: Fire Emblem, Wario Ware, blank, Mighty Switch Force
Column 5: Emulation folder, 3DSWare folder, i (DSiWare) folder, Nintendo Apps folder
Column 6: P (Electroplankton) folder, eShop, Stats, System
Column 7: Demos folder
Column 30: Video trailers folder, x (Never used) folder

That last folder contains Health & Safety Info, Yoshi NES, NES Open, Looksley's Line Up, Ambassador Certificate, and Pokemans 3D.

Thanks Nintendo!

Javier

Now here's something cool. There's a section on the eShop that's recommends you stuff based on what you have downloaded. It's the section on the far left that has a Mario Starman.

For me it lists:
- Ketzal's Corridors
- Game & Watch: Mario's Cement Factory
- Dragon Quest Wars
- Zenonia
- Dillon's Rolling Western
- Bionic Commando
- Antipole
- Go Series Undead Storm

Why is there an update to the Ambassador Program icon? What does it change?

It's probably old, I'm just surprised to see it listed.

Nah, I don't want my times to be messed up because of that shortcut. I'd rather lose.

Anyway, back to folders!

Yeah, I didn't cheat on it until everyone knew about it and I'd get last to second-to-last place because of it.

I still hate using the glitch but I'm competitive.

I never pick that course though and really am glad about the patch as people care more about cheating to win than having fun as it's a more than decent track.

donny2112

I think my 3DS may be busted or something...I have the Internet icon but can't connect to the eShop. Browser won't do anything and I don't get spotpass updates anymore. I don't understand...

Did you accidentally turn off your wireless on the right side of the system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom