• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS firmware update - 4/25 FOLDERS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

la_briola

When I start the eShop it tells me that there are updates for "The Legend of Zelda", "Metroid" and "Super Mario Bros.". Is this also new?

Hale-XF11

So, here's how I got my folders set up so far. The bolded letters represent the first letter of the folder.

Folder 1 = GB/GBA
Folder 2 = NES
Folder 3 = 3D Classics
Folder 4 = DSiWare
Folder 5 = Demos
Folder 6 = Videos
Folder 7 = Ignored Apps (rarely used apps)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just three folders for me:
Games - All downloaded games
Mini-Games - Face Raiders, Pokedex, AR games etc
System - Mii Maker, Safety Warning, etc

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
And whatever you do, don't spell rude words with the folder names.....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Game Boy / Game Boy Advance / NES / 3D Games / DSi / Movies & Music

Those are my folders. Leaving things like the game slot, Mii Plaza, Stats, Settings, eShop and Swap note on the 'home' screen. Gave all the folders symbols followed by names, so they look a bit better. Hopefully the ability to put icons, or colors on them will come eventually.

Found some use for the KI stand. Resting place for the 3DS while it updates and I can see from afar where it is...gonna take some time for me...T__T

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
New eShop UiI is so much better, I mean wow. They put a ticker at the top that scrolls stuff that's actually relevant to the eShop. Finally.

The bottom row is hopefully static. Having Retail Titles, VC, Apps, and Best Sellers permanently fixated on that row helps tons.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
What's good is you can rearrange the folder contents.
This enables you to put all the Gameboy games in one section.

Wait...that wasn't in there before? Been a part of the JPN store for months...
Now some complaints make sense.

...Jealous as I can't update until after work now.

I didn't realize the American store was that bad. That said, my Japanese isn't all that great, so I am still discovering options in the Japanese store almost every time I sign on as I learn to read more Kanji.

I feel ridiculous, but I am pretty excited about going home and organizing my 3DS after work too. I wish I could get as excited about the dishes I have to wash or the laundry I have to finish.

Also I think they added circle pad and dpad support for the eShop. Don't remember it being there before. Thank god.

Wow, eShop revamp too. Any other hidden surprises?

Also, call me stupid, but how on earth do I make the folders?!

Hover over an empty spot and a create folder button is at the bottom.

Croc

Banned
Wow I'm actually way impressed with the e shop update. I'm still not a big fan of the overall interface but it's way more useable than it was before.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Looks like eShop is a bit more like a normal online shop now. No more Coming Soon section though. Is that because.. eShop is dead? hohoho..

I didn't realize the American store was that bad. That said, my Japanese isn't all that great, so I am still discovering options in the Japanese store almost every time I sign on as I learn to read more Kanji.

I feel ridiculous, but I am pretty excited about going home and organizing my 3DS after work too. I wish I could get as excited about the dishes I have to wash or the laundry I have to finish.

I discover new things all the time, too. Mostly, because I 'hit and run' buying games I want and getting out ASAP. Took me about 4 months to figure out how to 'vote' for titles etc.

And yeah. So many dishes and laundry will be ignored in favor of folder organizing and Fire Emblem (because damnit, I refuse to let a character die)

axisofweevils

Also the music seems to change when you scroll left and right on the menu.

Anyone unable to connect to the eShop? I think my 3DS may be busted or something...I have the Internet icon but can't connect to the eShop. Browser won't do anything and I don't get spotpass updates anymore. I don't understand...

Sweet, created 8 folders to get rid of my 3DS menu clutter. (3DSWare/Dsiware/GBA Ambassador/NES Ambassador/Virtual Console/Classics 3D/Trailers/Miscellaneous). Now if NOA would actually start releasing some more stuff to put INSIDE those folders, that would be great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom