• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

farnham

Banned
Such an amazing list. Possibly already been mentioned, but it's not even really possible to play Fire Emblem from the cart anymore. At least, none of the copies I bought used worked.

Because of the save system in the Fire Emblem games, every copy I've ever found in the wild has used up the thousands of saves the flash memory used in the carts could take before the saves simply start to delete themselves. Played about seven hours before my save disappeared. Traded that one for a different used copy at Gamestop, same thing happened in shorter time. Tried again, and the same thing. Happened to a friend of mine too.

wut? have to check my cards :(

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Ugh, just reminded me that I had one goddamn, unmatched kinstone in that game and I cold never figure out whose it was. Bugged me forever. Good game, but just because of that one kinstone, FUCK THAT GAME.

I look beyond the bad memories and embrace the good ones, so this never happened to me.

nope, not me.

not even ever.

DAT LIST!

Especially excited for Minish Cap. Tried to own this multiple times over the years but between bootleg copies and overpriced OoP skus, I just eventually gave up.

BooJoh

Hopefully it will get more people to check out the series. Really hope they eventually make a Wii U one.

It's not very representative of the series though. I gather a lot of people will smash into walls uncontrollably and give up on the game without ever realizing you have to rapidly tap the A button to negotiate turns.

Tizoc

I KNEW something was missing... That's the game I had my fingers crossed for. Ah well.

It's not a bad list though, some good choices in it, but I've been hoping M&L gets announced ever since the GBA thing was brought up months ago.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
I didn't expect Wario Ware, or FZero. All games are worth playing, I give this list an A+ :)

Yeah!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I can't believe the Wii has been out for 5 years and the 3DS has been out for 9 months and it's the latter that is getting Yoshi's Island on Virtual Console and not the Wii.

Like, seriously. Come on Nintendo.

Wario Land 4, though!! Amazing!

These need to come out for non-ambassadors ASAP.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Holy God, I want every one of those games. Especially excited for Minish Cap, Fire Emblem, and Metroid. Great list.

It's not very representative of the series though. I gather a lot of people will smash into walls uncontrollably and give up on the game without ever realizing you have to rapidly tap the A button to negotiate turns.

my brother can't wrap his brain with this, it's like some ancient machine that just presses a button and wants to win.

he does love playing god of war

Goody

Awesome. The only games I've really put any time into are Yoshi's Island, Zelda, and Metroid and I've been dying to replay those three.

Between this and the Humble Bundle, today has been a good day.

Own:
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

Never played:
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

Works for me!

Open Golf, you have competition.

I still find it hard to believe Nintendo never got Yoshi's Island on VC, it seems like the kind of game they'd 'bother to make an effort' over if there ever was gonna be one, I doubt the FX chip is thaaaaaat hard to emulate properly lol... is it? Other games that required extra work made it on VC, so weird that YI didn't.

Still, we got it in the end (sorta).

Linkhero1

I played almost all those games but I'm glad I can play Minish Cap on my 3DS :D

Kind of eases the pain of being an earlier adopter.

That list is basically my most played GBA games aside from Pokemon and Golden Sun. Never finished Minish Cap when I got it for Christmas all those years ago so that will be cool to play again.

Very happy with this list, assuming these are the same titles we'll be getting. I missed out on Minish Cap when it was released, so I'll be happy to check that out. And even though I already have a few of these, overall it's a fantastic list and you'll hear no complaints from me.

Bluth54

So uhh, can I buy these games somewhere down the line?

In the orginal press release I believe they said something like Nintendo has no plans to sell them, but I'm sure they will eventually. I'm guessing 6 months to a year of exclusivity to Ambassadors.

stupei

wut? have to check my cards :(

Could just be that I was buying it after there weren't any new copies floating around, so the ones I picked up used could have all gone through multiple owners and more play throughs than normal.

But yeah, it's flash based memory without a replaceable battery, so once it's gone there's nothing you can do. They introduced this kind of cart later in the GBA's life but as far as I know Fire Emblem is the only series where this is a big issue because it saves so frequently.

Actually it's possible that straight Fire Emblem on the GBA might run off a battery, so it would be fixable. Could only ever find copies of FE: SS, so I don't know.

_woLf

Wow, much better than I was expecting.

My anger and regret of buying a 3ds at launch is at an all time low.

zoukka

Oh I hope they bring GBA games to VC as soon as possible >:| The GB games are a nice curiosity, but goddamn if the rate of publishing is that of Wii VC, I'm gonna be mad.

Duallusion

Buying a second-hand ambassador'd 3DS for 130€ was a brilliant idea, I see. Never even owned GBA so these will be all new to me.

sfried

And for those who believe Yoshi's Island on GBA was gimped: It's not. It has bonus stages not present in the SNES version. Can you 100% this sucker all over again?

DGRE

Banned
That list is jaw dropping. I don't think people could really ask for a better list of games for free. Panic mode Nintendo = Best Nintendo.

This thread makes me feel like whipping out my GBA SP. So many great games on that system.

By the way, I wonder if these titles will support the circle pad on the 3DS...? Would come in handy with Mario Kart and F-Zero. Did the NES games they released earlier this year support it? (I didn't play too much of those, I forget.)

Top Bottom