• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: GBA Ambassador games are revealed and up in all regions

Celine

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames
Damn fine lis if you ask me.
Only thing better would be inclusion of some nicher games like Drill Dozer to replace Wario Land 4 or Mario vs.

Fucking Ace! That's a godly lineup! My F-Zero MV cartridge is broken so I'm very happy to see it on the list!

Also, I was planning on playing through Sacred Stones again some time soon. Talk about great timing :D

And for those who believe Yoshi's Island on GBA was gimped: It's not. It has bonus stages not present in the SNES version. Can you 100% this sucker all over again?

It may have 6 (awesome) bonus stages added over the SNES version, but it's still inferior to the original. Forgetting even the sound quality and graphical downgrade, it suffers from bouts of slowdown, cropping of the play field and it lacks the hidden multiplayer mini game mode.

I still want the original SNES version on VC.

mclem

Gentle reminder: Don't forget that the GBA Mario Kart was the first to include retro tracks, having the *entire* SNES lineup available as a separate set of cups.

Edit: Ah, mentioned on the previous page.

I'd quite have liked to see Zero Mission, given I've never actually played through that and everyone says it's fantastic, but I really can't complain; this is an excellent list.

WiiU F-Zero would be amazing. How about another Wave Race for good measure too, lol.

I'm thinking I'd prefer a Wave Race 3DS. FEEL THE NAUSEA!

Maxrunner

Gentle reminder: Don't forget that the GBA Mario Kart was the first to include retro tracks, having the *entire* SNES lineup available as a separate set of cups.

I'd quite have liked to see Zero Mission, given I've never actually played through that and everyone says it's fantastic, but I really can't complain; this is an excellent list.

Really??what about the red shell phisics are they the same as the snes version?

This is not fair :(( I would have bought one at launch if I knew this would be the games they will release :(((

ambassadors screwed over price drop, MY ASS

holy fuck at dat list

i pretty much played and finished all of those games but nevertheless I came in my pants with full force.

and even more holier fuckness at EU getting it at the same time.

seriously, this is easily enough material for months of gaming pleasures

Played the shit out of and will continue to: Wario Ware, Yoshi's Island, Mario Kart, Minish Cap
Barely played but looking forward to: Fire Emblem SS, Wario 4, Metroid Fusion
Never played before: Mario v DK, FZero MV, Kirby ATAM

Rhod

For nearly a decade, Made In Wario has been my 'waiting for the train' game.

Having it installed on my 3DS means I can nearly retire the GBMicro... just need Tactics Ogre and Rhythm Tengoku on there *somehow*.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Wario Ware is also the title that pleases me the most. It's a timeless, classic game, which my daughter will now be able to discover.

What about the earlier NES games, didn't Nintendo said they would optimize it later in the year?

mclem

Wow, seriously?! You really are in for one hell of a treat! These games are all astoundingly amazing! If you're not a Nintendo fan, that list will make you one for sure!

To be fair, if you're not a Nintendo fan, the chance of you being an Ambassador is significantly diminished :)

mclem

I wonder if I can nab all these over hotel/airport Wifi. I'm going to be in a hotel tomorrow night, and flying to France on Friday. Would be nice to have them for the plane.

...I think it's time for a Stupid Gaming Question.

besiktas1

F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Super Mario Advance 3: Yoshi's Island
Legend of Zelda: Minish Cap
Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Mario Kart: Super Circuit
Mario vs. Donkey Kong
Metroid Fusion
Wario Land 4
WarioWare, Inc.: Mega Microgames

Having not owned a GBA I can see by your reactions that this should be awesome...

Aru

Only finished Metroid Fusion and Fire Emblem SS in that list.
I would have preferred the other Fire Emblem game, but it's okay.

-KRS-

I said wow. Now I regret not buying it at launch!!!

Lol no I don't, but man that is a sweet list. My friends with launch units are gonna shit their pants when they hear this.

wow!! I have not played any of those listed either(missed much of GBA gen),
and from what you guys are saying...

I'M IN FOR A BIG BIG TREAT!!!!!! I wanted to play Minish Cap so much!

Man my brother loves The Sacred Stones, its his fav Fire Emblem ever, he would always go on about how cool Ephraim was lol. He'll be over the moon.

I played Eirika's path. :p

Just looking over my GBA collection, really really fond memories.

I actually never played much of Amazing Mirror despite liking Kirby games in general..... just didn't get into it as much as I thought I would back then, can't remember why.

dwu8991

Banned
wow!! I have not played any of those listed either(missed much of GBA gen),
and from what you guys are saying...

I'M IN FOR A BIG BIG TREAT!!!!!! I wanted to play Minish Cap so much!

Minish Cap has never grabbed me for some reason. Probably because it wasn't made by nintendo!

Luigiv

holy fuck at dat list

i pretty much played and finished all of those games but nevertheless I came in my pants with full force.

and even more holier fuckness at EU getting it at the same time.

seriously, this is easily enough material for months of gaming pleasures

Not really. All regions got the NES games at the same time. It makes sense that all regions will get the GBA games at the same time.

Top Bottom