• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/carts/applications/games]

Thoraxes

The main things I would want from region free are physical releases of SMT4 and Rune Factory 4, along with physical Sega 3D classics.

I'm sure there's lots I'm not remembering though.
Ace Attorney Collection (has English in the JP release). And AA5 if you can read Japanese.

Voliko

I'll buy so many games if they do manage to bypass region lock. Which would make me feel better about this thing existing :p Both Dragon Quest Monsters, Azito 3D, physical Kokuga, Youkai Watch, that Gon platformer, etc.
Nice, I forgot about this one, I need to get that for sure. Might get Retro Game Challenge 3. Physical Kokuga and Umihara Kawase could be nice too...

Thank you based Cubic Ninja

Shouta

Got my copy, it was the only one at the Gamestop near me and apparently I was the only person to think of putting it on Hold. Immediately after I bought it, the clerk said two online holds tried to get it, muwahahaha.

I put a copy on hold that's 1.5 hours away.

Contemplating if 3 hours of my life is better spent paying $5 for a copy or $40 lol

ZeroX03

Banned
Play-Asia seems to have increased their PAL price, it was $24USD when I ordered a few hours ago and now it's $30USD.

HUELEN10

Okay, didn't want to resort to this, but here goes...

Anyone up for trading an NA copy of Cubic Ninja for an NA copy of Fire Emblem: PoR?

AusGAF, check JB and Kmart. Both sell it for $10 new. Meanwhile EB has it for $18 used.

J6LgXcD.jpg

Rich!

I remember when I was temporarily in charge of a blockbuster store that was in the process of being closed down, and we sold off all of our copies of Cubic Ninja for 99p each. We had like, thirty of the bloody things

if only I bought them all. if only.

SerTapTap

Oof, looked earlier today like an hour or less after the thread broke--prices already pretty high. Was hoping I could still get it cheap in case it results in a region-free hack. But with region-free not confirmed yet and prices so high I'll wait for things to settle. Would be nice to be able to actually play the copy of Senran Kagura 2 I just got (bought it cheap for the figures)

Markew001

Put a hold for a copy at my Gamestop last night. Received an email this morning that it was ready for pickup. Went to pick it up this evening to find it had been sold earlier in the day to "the person who had placed it on hold." They checked their ID and everything. Of course they did. Some employee probably bought it to make a quick buck.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
Holy crap! I went on a Wii/3DS shovelware buying spree a few months ago and bought this game for $6.99. I just took a look to see what Amazon's prices were looking like now and the only word I could muster up was "damn!".

Lot of squirrels trying to get a nut, haha.

IGVbwF3.jpg

Shun

Anyone up for trading an NA copy of Cubic Ninja for an NA copy of Fire Emblem: PoR?

Dude you are crazy. Keep that copy of Path of Radiance. A new exploit will eventually find it's way out.

Fire Emblem will likely NEVER drop in price and value.

ec0ec0

It hurt to read that. For the first time in this thread, i feel really bad for someone :,(

I have the PAL version of PoR (and Cubic Ninja). I cant believe what i am reading... :O

M3d10n

Ehh, I'd love to tinker around with 3DS coding (is there a homebrew SDK?) but no way I'm buying that overpriced game.

So. Is the game any fun? :p

Oh my no! It's okay for a little while, but the floaty physics and sluggish controls make later stages way too frustrating. I think the biggest problem is the game is just so bland. Every level looks the same, the generic music drones on and euuuuggghh.

Symtendo

My cheap Ebay copy's seller has requested a cancelation with no reason. I've declined but is there anyway I'm going to get this shipped to me now?

Ehh, I'd love to tinker around with 3DS coding (is there a homebrew SDK?) but no way I'm buying that overpriced game.

Yes, a homebrew SDK is available. Read here to learn how to set it up.

Also, there are various 3DS homebrew applications whose source code you can view on GitHub. You may see those here. (Click the links in the Name column to go to the relevant GitHub page.)

There are also 3DS emulators that don't work with retail games, but I believe they work with homebrew.

btags

Back in my wild youth (read: 4-5 years ago) when I was really into the nds homebrew scene I remember playing a bunch of games from smealum. He had that top down fallout like game (legion I think), some vampire fps, another fps, and a schmup. All in all, he is a pretty awesome dude.

Kolma

Back in my wild youth (read: 4-5 years ago) when I was really into the nds homebrew scene I remember playing a bunch of games from smealum. He had that top down fallout like game (legion I think), some vampire fps, another fps, and a schmup. All in all, he is a pretty awesome dude.
image.php

Rich!

Will I still be able to play the game normally and load data? It'll be like Smash Stack right?

My girlfriend actually does want to play this.

Yep!

As far as we are aware, it's a specific QR code you have to scan. The level editor allows sharing of custom stages via QR codes. When the exploit is released this weekend, you will enter in your console's firmware version (found on the system menu) on Smealum's site. This will then give you the correct QR code to scan in in order to load the exploit level onto your SD card so that you can boot it whenever you want.

Yep!

As far as we are aware, it's a specific QR code you have to scan. The level editor allows sharing of custom stages via QR codes. When the exploit is released this weekend, you will enter in your console's firmware version (found on the system menu) on Smealum's site. This will then give you the correct QR code to scan in in order to load the exploit level onto your SD card so that you can boot it whenever you want.
Nice! I'm very excited for the kind of cool stuff people will end up making.

OmegaFax

Who says 3rd party games don't sell on a Nintendo console.

I think about 20 minutes after the announcement last night, people were immediately buying up some of the straggling auctions on eBay. A lot of auctions were done before I could finish loading the page. The response to this is incredible.

My copy shipped from Best Buy this afternoon and I should have it before the end of the week. I had an extra 3DS XL I kept around just for homebrew. Sent it in late last week to Amazon for a trade-in but cancelled it before they received it. Hopefully, I'm getting it back soon.

wiibomb

I know I've said it other times on the thread, but since my amazon copy was cancelled, I want to try a little more before giving up

If any of you would like to sell me a copy, I can buy it, pm me inf you would like to help me

Went to go pick up my reserved copy from Gamestop only to find that one of the employees bought it out from underneath me.

Luckily the manager and two other employees were extremely helpful. Called the rogue employee, and had him bring the game back. I hope he gets bitched out something fierce.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
I ordered 5 yesterday from Best Buy. One shipped from VA, two from WI, and two are still processing. I guess I got the last few. :p

HUELEN10

For full transparency, yes the thirst is real.

Someone out of GAF saw my post, PMed me on YouTube, and offered me it sealed and 60 bucks for PoR, loose.

I... I think I will sleep on it. For the more learned among us, how likely is a different game for exploit happening in a timely fashion?

Top Bottom