• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS HOMEBREW Discussion Thread [exploits/carts/applications/games]

wiibomb

But it can't read back-ups of retail games. What are gonna do to play upcoming 3DS games?

the exploit is not for piracy, I know that well and I'm fine with it, how are we going to play upcoming games?

1) not any upcoming game until about march of next year will have any firware above 9.0, why? because they haven't released such firmware and even if they release it now, it takes some time for them to put it in retail carts

2) you might not know, but gateway users have been playing all games with no problems, backed up in a Rom or in the retail cartridge. The scene is vast and now that a exploit has been released to everyone, things should come for sure to avoid the firmware updates

Mr. RPG

sörine;139446838 said:
I bought from Dealtavern too. Still says preparing for shipment and estimated delivery Friday, I got it for $10 about 45 minutes after the reveal. Fingers crossed.

When did each of you buy and for how much?

Dealtavern still has the game in stock for $50 now, if an Amazon seller cancels for obviously bogus reasons is there any recourse for the buyer?

$10. I got it about 5 minutes after the reveal.

Don't know about the last bit. I've never had an Amazon seller just cancel my purchase. I think Amazon would side with the buyer. They're really have the best customer service I've ever used.

rekameohs

Banned
It's really a shame that Ubi didn't put this on all eShop regions. Would have alleviated a lot of the problem, Nintendo hasn't pulled the JP version off the shop yet. :p

ZeroX03

Banned
Managed to find one at an EB on the cheap but haven't been able to pick it up yet, also grabbed a copy from Play Asia as a backup.

$10. I got it about 5 minutes after the reveal.

Don't know about the last bit. I've never had an Amazon seller just cancel my purchase. I think Amazon would side with the buyer. They're really have the best customer service I've ever used.

But as a buyer, you don't lose anything from a cancelled buy. However, the seller gets a black mark on their account. So they're getting a short term gain at the cost of their feedback.

It wont be, for reasons I posted earlier in the thread. That's why everyone ia making such a big thing about it.
Unless you count getting offline as a way to avoid patching, your reasoning was insufficient. Nintendo can customize the behavior of syscalls, disassemble the game with agreement from whoever holds the rights to the Cubic Ninja right now, or even outright delete the exploited data at some random points of execution.

With the things that Nintendo didn't do on the Wii even if they were technically possible, I won't avatar bet they'll actually do it, but the possibility is there.

I'm going to laugh so hard if Gamestop did what they did with Xenoblade--purchase the rights to reprint it and do that and sell it at really high prices.

Rich!

I'm going to laugh so hard if Gamestop did what they did with Xenoblade--purchase the rights to reprint it and do that and sell it at really high prices.

Somehow, I don't think Nintendo will be too happy with them doing that, unlike with Xenoblade.

BY2K

Membero Americo

Nintendo is probably already aware that this exploit exist by now and you can bet100$ they'll be all over GameStop's ass if they dare ask them for the rights to reprint that game, knowing full well why it's selling right now.

Rich!

Nintendo is probably already aware that this exploit exist by now and you can bet100$ they'll be all over GameStop's ass if they dare ask them for the rights to reprint that game, knowing full well why it's selling right now.

I would bet that Nintendo have been aware for a while now. If we amateurs on a message board have known for two months it was either Dead or Alive, Cubic Ninja or Metal Gear Solid 3 that had the exploit, I'm sure as hell that Nintendo would have been able to work it out too - they likely even confirmed it before smealum did.

Whichever one of you jerks told the Gamestop in San Marcos, Texas that you were the one who had them hold Cubic Ninja owes me gas money.

Put in my hold request this morning before they opened, got the confirmation not long after, worked, drove down to the store. Apparently someone came in shortly after opening asking for the game. Instead of checking ID or the email confirmation, the employee just goes "Oh, are you AKidNamedEddy?" Guy says yep and walks out with my game.

There were three employees there when I finally got there and none of them had any idea why people had been calling all day asking for the game so I explained it to them.

Seriously though. I know it was one of you.

Rich!

I am still amazed I managed to snag the last copy from game.co.uk for the cost of £4.28. I am stunned.

And it was dispatched to me earlier too, so its obviously all confirmed. If I had taken a split second longer to order, I would have missed out on it. It was out of stock immediately after I completed my order.

I just PayPal'd a user here $14 for their cartridge only copy. When's this hack releasing again?

I may have missed this deal originally but I guess that's karma for me using the Evolve error earlier last month.

Impotaku

Funny how people are saying it won't be used for piracy and literally the second picture in the first post has it playing pirated gameboy games, even more so that they are games that nintendo are selling on the eshop.

Rich!

Funny how people are saying it won't be used for piracy and literally the second picture in the first post has it playing pirated gameboy games, even more so that they are games that nintendo are selling on the eshop.

Are you accusing me of piracy? You know thats not allowed here, right?

I ripped the games myself, proof is in the GBC Retro thread. Where's your proof that I pirated them?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
The prices for this game in Pal-region is now insane lol. Really interesting to watch this unfold.

gngf123

The games in the OP are emulated, yes. Not pirated though.

It can load pirated roms for emulators, but DS carts can do that already. This does not enable the piracy of 3DS games.

Impotaku

If that is my photo (gameyob emulator, wario land, donkey kong), I ripped my game boy games myself and there is proof of that in the GBC Retro thread.

Accusing people of piracy is really not a nice thing to do.

You ripped your own games to use that's fine but i seriously doubt the majority of people out there are going to do the same thing they will just go on the net and download them. The matter remains the same though now people have a way of playing pirated gameboy games which are also been sold legally on the eshop.

And so it begins.

Hasney

Someone should make a game for the 3DS where you sail the seven seas and rape, pillage and plunder all copies of Cubic Ninja from places.

Rich!

The games in the OP are emulated, yes. Not pirated though.

They are most definitely not pirated. Those are my photos. I ripped my Game Boy collection with saves using a Transfer Pak and Everdrive 64. Proof is in the Game Boy Retro Thread where I posted my physical collection and the method of making backups.

And now I've been accused of piracy? Wow.

gngf123

They are most definitely not pirated. Those are my photos. I ripped my Game Boy collection with saves using a Transfer Pak and Everdrive 64. Proof is in the Game Boy Retro Thread.

And now I've been accused of piracy? Wow.

Read again, I said they weren't pirated. I know those are your backups.

No accusations.

Rich!

Read again, I said they weren't pirated. I know those are your backups.

I know, I understand what you yourself meant.

Its just the issue that people immediately jump to the conclusion of "emulators!? Must be a pirate!"

I fully understand the concerns, but its still frustrating.

baphomet

Good thing baseless accusations are bannable around here.

Top Bottom