• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS: Japanese games you're waiting to be announced for the US/EU?

nasos_333

I think that is one of a few games which have been confirmed not to ever be localised due to the book that accompanies it.

About 40 minutes into Fantasy Life...it's super slow so far. Not even finished training for my 'Life' yet. Hopefully, it picks up soon.

I dont see why they cant simply put the book in the game, like in PS3 version

And they have the whole thing already translated

bon

Bravely Default
Dragon Quest 7
Layton vs Ace Attorney
Slime Morimori 3
Dragon Quest Monsters 3D
Project X Zone
Time Travelers
Senran Kagura
Puyo Puyo 20th Anniversary
Picdun 2
Picross e
Beyond the Labyrinth
Rune Factory 4 (not too worried about this one, Natsume is just slow)

ohlawd

Bolded are the ones that I reeeeeally want.
Sell-my-soul-to-the-devil kind of want.

Senran Kagura (Marvelous Entertainment)
Dragon's Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D (Square Enix)
Rune Factory 4 (Marvelous AQL)
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy (Sqaure Enix)
Project X Zone (Namco Bandai)
E.X. Troopers (Capcom)
Fantasy Life (Level-5)
Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney (Level-5)
Dragon Quest VII (Square Enix)

Stark

Banned
Bolded are the ones that I reeeeeally want.
Sell-my-soul-to-the-devil kind of want.

Senran Kagura (Marvelous Entertainment)
Dragon's Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland 3D (Square Enix)
E.X. Troopers (Capcom)
Fantasy Life (Level-5)

Yes. :( Especially Project X Zone and Senran Kagura.

hongcha

OP is missing two great side scrolling platformers (I've completed both):

RETAIL
-Crayon Shin-Chan Uchuu DE Achoo!? Yuujou no Oba-karate!!
-Gon Baku Baku Baku Baku Adventure

While Crayon Shin-Chan will never see the light of day outside of Japan (there have been about 20 Crayon SC games since the Famicom days, but not a single one has been localized), Gon would make a great eshop download title for other regions.

Retail:
Dragon Quest VII
Rocket Slime 3
Dragon Quest Monsters TW
Bravely Default
Rune Factory IV
EX Troopers

eShop:
PicDun 2
Bloody Vampire
RabixLaby 3D
The already released retail games that are on the JPN eShop. (Resident Evil Mercs, Dead or Alive, etc...) Take my money...again!

Feb - April is already god-tier for the 3DS. Hopefully some of these are announced as late spring or summer releases.

Drago

I've got one that's out in Europe but not NA.

Picross-freaking-e

Also, the One Piece game that was released in Europe but not NA.

I remember the fiasco that the game was split in two seperate releases for Europe but released as one game in Japan. lol

And yes, I need my Picross. :(

73V3N

Banned
E.X. Troopers (Capcom)
Fantasy Life (Level-5)
Calciobit (Nintendo)

yep

Smellycat

Every year Nintendo of America announce a localized version of Professor Layton in E3 and then went on to release it in October/November. I expect the same for Layton vs Phoenix this year as well.

Same here, which means that we might have to wait till next year for Layton 6.

61NcA0WjIUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Nazo Waku Yakata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AGpNSPasFQ

51SuxBMtnoL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Jake Hunter
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxBYfSn-tGU

513oWYGI7jL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Time Travelers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQP4TqVowd4

61BmIWXPYzL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Senran Kagura Burst
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UTAHsL6kcQ

51ttZE%2BFoUL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kokuga
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPV3graVMoM

613JTmSxt-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Kunio-Kun Special
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_1XxXnXSCo

:(

Ken

Probably just Bravely Default. I tend to import stuff that you can play through without knowing any Japanese anyways so I miss out on a lot of interesting looking RPGs.

batbeg

That only one other person has mentioned Beyond the Labyrinth says why it will never come over, but I still want it. tri-Ace's portable output has basically killed their western fanbase :(

Not much so far, I want the Rabi Laby games (Gaiden and 3) to come over to the eShop, as well as Bloody Vampire from the same developers.

I would maybe get Calciobit, having dabbled in Football Manager before, I'd like having something a bit more simplified on a portable. Though the way it's designed and the very small developer means Europe has little to no chances of getting it, let alone NA.

I though Layton vs PW was announced, but if not, I'll add that to my list.

donny2112

To be fair, this strategy is apparently becoming more common given Resident Evil: Revelations, Rhythm Thief, and Final Fantasy: Theatrhythm.

The point was that all that was needed to sell more on a system than was sold on the Nintendo system was just to release on a system not made by Nintendo. For niche (outside of Japan) Japanese games, is this actually happening? Do we actually see this happening in such numbers as to be considered an actually useful "strategy"? (i.e. release on a Nintendo system exclusively, then later go to a non-Nintendo system and sell more than it did on the Nintendo system. iOS wouldn't be included here due to the pricing disparity, in my mind.)

That's my point. Haven't noticed that to be the case, in my own following of sales, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.

hongcha

That only one other person has mentioned Beyond the Labyrinth says why it will never come over, but I still want it.

I gave it a good chance but I'm sorry to say it's a rather mediocre game. So the good news is you're definitely not missing much by not having it!

Lucentto

Banned
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Professor Layton VS. Ace Attorney
Dragon Quest VII
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Project X Zone

Is all that I want, I am pretty confident all of them will get localized eventually. Except for Project X Zone for obvious reasons, I am still hoping for it though.

batbeg

I gave it a good chance but I'm sorry to say it's a rather mediocre game. So the good news is you're definitely not missing much by not having it!

I'd rather have the chance to decide that for myself, is the point. I can think of at least three other tri-Ace games deemed mediocre by others this last generation I thoroughly enjoyed.

Between this and their PSP games I am so disappointed by the increasingly likely notion that I just may not get to play any more of their games.

Besides which, what I saw and heard about it appealed to me.

I want a lot be it Dragon Quest Terry/VII/ Rocket Slime, Bravely Default, Prof. Layton X Ace Attorney. I hope companies finds a way to speed up the localization process

hongcha

I'd rather have the chance to decide that for myself, is the point. I can think of at least three other tri-Ace games deemed mediocre by others this last generation I thoroughly enjoyed.

Fair enough! For the record I've enjoyed most other Tri-ace games and I think Beyond the Labyrinth is one of their poorest efforts to date.

Beyond the Labyrinth
Bravely Default
Culdcept
Dragon Quest VII
Etrian Odyessy 4
Nazo Waku Yakata
Project X Zone

In alphabetical order. Please come to Europe. I should just give in and get a Japanese 3DS...

UberTag

:lol

Wow. Hoping that was sarcasm.
Partially sarcasm. Partially not.

Hey, I would love it if gamers flocked to third-party titles on Nintendo platforms but the sales numbers that have been disclosed clearly state that's not happening unless your name is Just Dance.

All things being equal I actually think an equivalent third-party title released on both 3DS/Vita might well sell better on the Vita despite a criminally disproportionate install base... and that's a scary thought. Unfortunately there haven't been many to point to with available numbers to back that up aside from LEGO games which would sell better on the 3DS given the owner demographic and VLR which is a direct sequel to a DS title (and in the case of the latter we have nothing to go on sales-wise, but I'll assume the 3DS version sold more even factoring in the game's Vita availability).

A fringe title like that doesn't really make sense to dissect anyhow because niche is going to be niche regardless of platform.

The point is that higher profile third-party releases are going to have a hard time finding an audience on a Nintendo platform. And that's a real shame given the burgeoning strength of the 3DS non-localized release library. Some of the finest Japanese-developed titles are going to be released exclusively on that platform over the next several years and there's a strong chance we'll see very few of them. Here's hoping titles like Crimson Shroud can find an audience on eShop so we can be exposed to more of them.

zroid

Banned
EX Troopers, it bombed in Japan though.

In a way I'm glad, as it serves them right for hardcoding the text. But moreso, it's just depressing because every indication seems to be that it's a really great game.

I'll probably import the PS3 version at some point.

Boney

Banned
No Western Release (EU/US):

Hatsue Miku and the Future Stars (Sega)
E.X. Troopers (Capcom)
Calciobit (Nintendo)

All of these hurt so much

godammit calcio bit looks so incredible why can't we have it nintendoo!!!

make it an eshop game or whatever but fuck man

fuuuuuuuuuck

Bravely Default
Project X Zone
E.X. Troopers
Professor Layton vs Ace Attorney
Dragon Quest VII
Monster Hunter 4
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Time Travelers

Professer Layton vs. Ace Attorney
Bravely Default
Dragon Quest VII

At least we're (NA) getting Fire Emblem, EOIV, MH3U and Soul Hackers soon.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
What the hell happened to Beyond the Labyrinth?

kunonabi

Senran Kagura Burst
Hatsue Miku and the Future Stars
Bravely Default: Flying Fairy
Project X Zone
Fantasy Life
Dragon Quest VII
Culdecept
Sengoku Musou Chronicles 2nd
Dynasty Warriros VS

These were the games I was hoping we would get. Sadly, Layton/Ace Attorney is the only one that has a prayer.

ALL OF THEM.

There is so much crazy, obscure stuff on the eShop we will never ever see. If I can get a good deal I'm going to import one day just for the eShop stuff alone.

Top Bottom