• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

I connect with 3-5 people just about every time I go to an event. I can't wait to attend a convention in March in Atlanta that I know I get get a LOT more streetpasses so I can beat FindMii and hopefully complete some more puzzles

Wichu

Aww yeah, five streetpasses today. Got three pink puzzle pieces, unlocked three new puzzles, and got onto the dark room in Quest. Now I need a white-shirted Mii :(

Orayn

Four tags at a Magic tournament yesterday, hoping for a few repeats on campus this week. I need stronger warriors for Find Mii!

How do I even get more pink puzzle pieces? Getting them from someone else is not much of an option right now. Apparently I'm the one with the most pieces right now in the city since I haven't been able to get new pieces from anyone from quite a while now :T

Oh, and how the hell do I beat that one slime in the something of Sacrifice room that had a yellow shield but dodges EVERYTHING? Level 10 team? Missed 5 out of 5 times. Fire team magic? Missed too :/

Also, the last boss of Find Me II was actually pretty awesome.

my girlfriend & i go pretttyyyy much everywhere together, with both of our 3ds's, and i seem to get more streetpass mii hits than her. any idea why? she keeps throwing the 3ds at me in anger. help!

How do I even get more pink puzzle pieces? Getting them from someone else is not much of an option right now. Apparently I'm the one with the most pieces right now in the city since I haven't been able to get new pieces from anyone from quite a while now :T
Start travelling I guess?

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
So I was a substitute teacher yesterday at a elementary school and today at a middle school. Maybe it's creepy, but I left my 3DS in my pocket. I only got one streetpass both days. 3DS not popular with the kids confirmed.

Wolfe

How does the internet connectivity work? I remember enabling something to do with Streetpass and then internet, but I can't really see much change. Am I supposed to be getting Miis popping into my plaza over teh interwebs?

Depends on the game, if you have it enables then all the people you race against online in MK7 will populate your plaza, you cannot do anything with them as far as the plaza games go but they will be in the plaza population.

You only get Mii's through streetpass, basically, when the WiFi is on, it'll search for other people's 3DS and you'll swap miis and other game specific stuff. When I'm at home I only turn on the wifi when I put it on the base station, then it can download videos and notifications while I'm not using it.

See my comment above, while what you said is true for the plaza games or game specific content (such as mystery boxes in Mario) some games allow you to add peoples Mii's that you play against to your plaza, for no apparent reason I can see other than population numbers.

If I've misinterpreted either of you let me know.

olimpia84

I had to go back to my former University today to do some things and got 2 passes. I'm sure if I walked around campus I would have gotten more. I wish the 3DS existed back when I was attending University

backlot

I've been getting multiple streetpasses every day pretty consistently at my college since winter break has ended. I guess a bunch of people got 3DS's for Christmas.

I had to go back to my former University today to do some things and got 2 passes. I'm sure if I walked around campus I would have gotten more. I wish the 3DS existed back when I was attending University

Aw same here. I just got mine for Christmas and I graduated in December 2011...lol if only I had it a little sooner I am sure I would have had a few more passes

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Getting 2 or 3 a day in Vancouver, it's definitely picking up. I'll finish Find Mii tomorrow most likely :)

Got 5 when I visited New York City, including a person from Germany! :D

In my university the max Ive gotten is 12 in a day, average about 5 people per day.

About the puzzle pieces, whats with the pink pieces??

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Achievement: "First streetpass in a while!"

Thanks for the reminder 3DS!

Going to the airport so I wonder how many I'll get. Will have to remember to turn off the wireless while on the plane.

Bullza2o

I've been bringing my 3DS around campus for 3 weeks this year at Northwestern, and not a single streetpass. I walk ~4500 steps average, pass by hundreds of people and I don't even think anyone here has a 3DS. It's extremely disappointing :(

Razorskin

----- ------
Now that I work as a teacher, my 3DS is actually getting streetpasses consistently, but it's only about 5 unique people so far. At what point does the level for a streetpass in Find Mii max out?

NeoRausch

Now that I work as a teacher, my 3DS is actually getting streetpasses consistently, but it's only about 5 unique people so far. At what point does the level for a streetpass in Find Mii max out?
Lvl 7 is the hightest u will get.

and don't let your pupils find out about this! :3

Lucky. I recently moved next to a middle school and thought I hit a goldmine, but have only gotten 2 Mii's

Razorskin

----- ------
Lvl 7 is the hightest u will get.

and don't let your pupils find out about this! :3

Yeah I keep to my office when using it and use a different name.

Though I want to enact physical harm to the guy who has Maka Wuhu in his streetpass ghost data.

Mik2121

I've been carrying the 3DS with me to work for the last 3 days and I've been getting an average of 5 miis per days, with two of them being the same all 3 days. One day I got 8 people though, yay!.

I also get 2 or 3 during my walk to work and back home, but it's only 15 minutes and I live near the business area so it's not like there are tons of kids around... There are two schools near my house though, so maybe if I leave home a bit earlier or a bit later, I might be able to hit a bunch.

(ps. I live in Fukuoka, not as many people with 3DS as in Osaka, where I would get at least 10 or so every time I took the subway, did some shoppings and then went back home)

With my taxes, I'm going to go to the Zelda symphony, but I live in Louisville and there are no Midwest (Louisville, St. Louis, Chicago, etc) concerts because eff us I guess. Philly and Altlanta are both about eight hours away. Atlanta is an indoor show and Philly is outdoors. Which one do you think will be better for Street Passes?

With my taxes, I'm going to go to the Zelda symphony, but I live in Louisville and there are no Midwest (Louisville, St. Louis, Chicago, etc) concerts because eff us I guess. Philly and Altlanta are both about eight hours away. Atlanta is an indoor show and Philly is outdoors. Which one do you think will be better for Street Passes?

I would ask myself which one's better for the acoustic if I was you...

Nosgoroth

I'm getting around one hit a week here in Spain, and it's always the same person, and always in campus. So it's army of cats for me. Hopefully the situation will improve with time.

craker

About once a week I'll get a street pass at my house from people walking past it outside. It always surprises me when I see one and I haven't been anywhere. The 3DS has just been sitting on the coffee table. I guess my walls are ridiculously thin (I live in Japan by the way so that might explain it)!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
On campus I usually get around three Streetpasses a day. It has really picked up after the Christmas break. Best Buy is also a good place to get streetpasses.

Question: I'm in the middle of my second playthrough of Find Mii 1. How do I get Find Mii 2? Do I need to update my 3DS after I'm finished? Because I finished Find Mii 1 about four weeks ago and I didn't have an option to play Find Mii 2.....

I already did... and have no clue. My best guess would be that the outdoor theater wouldn't exist/be hosting the symphony if it wasn't on par with the other venues?

Well I'll be at the Atlanta symphony on May 12th. I'm also hoping I get a bunch of streetpasses there. I need more puzzle pieces!!!

Murkas

Went clothes shopping today and ended up with 10 streetpass hits, easily the most I've ever received. Quite a few had pink pieces as well.

On campus I usually get around three Streetpasses a day. It has really picked up after the Christmas break. Best Buy is also a good place to get streetpasses.

Question: I'm in the middle of my second playthrough of Find Mii 1. How do I get Find Mii 2? Do I need to update my 3DS after I'm finished? Because I finished Find Mii 1 about four weeks ago and I didn't have an option to play Find Mii 2.....

Find Mii 2 is unlocked when you get ALL the hats from Find Mii 1.

Croc

Banned
I had forgotten about taking my 3DS with me to classes this quarter and just recently started doing it again. Brought it with me to a film class and when I got home I checked out who I had streetpassed. Turns out it was my least favorite kid in the class, a kid who is constantly shouting out memes and using internet lingo (review ALL the films!, lolz). Went to class the next time and I kept seeing him stare at me throughout the class.

I hope to god he doesn't try and talk to me. :(

Murkas

I had forgotten about taking my 3DS with me to classes this quarter and just recently started doing it again. Brought it with me to a film class and when I got home I checked out who I had streetpassed. Turns out it was my least favorite kid in the class, a kid who is constantly shouting out memes and using internet lingo (review ALL the films!, lolz). Went to class the next time and I kept seeing him stare at me throughout the class.

I hope to god he doesn't try and talk to me. :(

C2vaT.gif

GDGF

Soothsayer
Woke up with a hit on my 3DS again. Somebody with a 3DS is getting through the walls of my apartment, and I dig that :)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
So I get an average of four or five hits a day on campus, which is nice. But in general I'm developing a really positive opinion about the system. I really like what Nintendo did here, both with the raw streetpass hits and the mini-games.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just got a double hit from a duo from Maryland.

Brother and sister, probably. Both were wearing Mario hats.

Things have most certainly picked up.

5amshift

Banned
I'll be at PAX East. Alot of people had DQ9 last year to trade maps with, so I bet 3DS StreetPass will be a gold mine.

Last year a buddy of mine had about 100 street passes when the system was new. I told him this year you'll have to keep your 3DS in hand and constantly checking it because of the 10 person limit queue. By the end of all 3 days, you will absolutely get every puzzle piece.

Top Bottom