• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

ombz

I finally got one hit from working at Shop N Save (grocery store) :)
I didn't expect it to be during food stamp week either.

Wow I just got 3 StreetPass Tags as well as hits on Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and SSF4 at Saltgrass.

Need to bring this thing with me more often :D

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Went clothes shopping today and ended up with 10 streetpass hits, easily the most I've ever received. Quite a few had pink pieces as well.

Find Mii 2 is unlocked when you get ALL the hats from Find Mii 1.

Oh wow seriously?!?!?

How many hats are in Find Mii 1?

Masked Man

I said wow
Find Mii II is the stupidest game ever.

Well, you have the ugliest username ever. ;P

In all seriousness, I don't hate FMII, but I do think that it feels a little arbitrarily dragged out. You mean I seriously have to go through all of this /four/ times to acquire all the items? The only upside is that I can get at least a few StreetPasses just by walking around the neighborhood. I'm guaranteed an easy 10 every time I go anywhere by train, and I've even received StreetPasses without leaving my room!

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.

In all seriousness, I don't hate FMII, but I do think that it feels a little arbitrarily dragged out. You mean I seriously have to go through all of this /four/ times to acquire all the items? The only upside is that I can get at least a few StreetPasses just by walking around the neighborhood. I'm guaranteed an easy 10 every time I go anywhere by train, and I've even received StreetPasses without leaving my room!

Lucky ass.... I'm jealous :/

Just beat it twice, there's no way to miss any of them.

Oh ok on my way then! Thanks everyone for the answers.

SmithnCo

So how do people get pink pieces? I have a few I got from streetpasses, but how did they get them? :p

I always assumed they were given those pieces as starting pieces... Then eventually they get streetpassed around.

So far I have every pink piece, you just have to streetpass a lot. Kinda sucks for people who don't live in a big Streetpass area though.

kiri

I always assumed they were given those pieces as starting pieces... Then eventually they get streetpassed around.

So far I have every pink piece, you just have to streetpass a lot. Kinda sucks for people who don't live in a big Streetpass area though.

Yep. With the update a while back, some of the people updated received pink pieces and the plan was that they are eventually swapped around.

I'm a big fan of StreetPass, though it does feel like parts of it
such as the second, third and fourth etc. run-throughs of Find Mii II
were pretty much created with Tokyo specifically in mind.

Tyeforce

I only need one more piece to finish all of my panels, and of course it's a pink piece that's not from my region. >.> I probably won't have a chance to get it until the Zelda Symphony in April... ._.

I've been taking both my 3DS and my room mates 3DS to campus (he mostly works and takes online classes). We usually get about 10 hits a day, but the interesting thing is we often get different hits. 3-5 people will be the same but the remaining ones will be different which I find really strange. I guess the street pass actually takes a bit longer to register then I thought.

ALL of them? With how many the MK7 and 3D Land have that's, what, like 20 at least?

I need to started taking my 3DS out more. I've only had 22 Street Pass hits.

The only 2 times I've ever taken my 3DS out of my house were for E3 last June (12 hits, I only brought it for 1 day) and Thursday night at the San Francisco Street Fighter x Tekken thing (10 hits).

Picked up somewhere in the ballpark of 35 at last weekend's comic-con here in New Orleans.

Unlocked almost 10 puzzles that I previously didn't have access to, and snagged as many pink pieces as I could. Cool stuff.

Excited to see what I get at Disney World during this year's trip.

Zebra

I have a question to anyone that has completed all of the puzzles that they currently have:

I understand that when I buy a puzzle piece with coins that it picks a random piece from a puzzle that I haven't completed yet, but what happens when you try to buy a puzzle piece? Does it not allow you to? Does it open access to a new puzzle you didn't have previously? Or does it just give you a piece you already have from a puzzle you've already completed?

Tyeforce

I have a question to anyone that has completed all of the puzzles that they currently have:

I understand that when I buy a puzzle piece with coins that it picks a random piece from a puzzle that I haven't completed yet, but what happens when you try to buy a puzzle piece? Does it not allow you to? Does it open access to a new puzzle you didn't have previously? Or does it just give you a piece you already have from a puzzle you've already completed?
The option to buy a puzzle piece isn't there if you've completed all the panels that you currently have. The only way to start a new panel is to get a puzzle piece from it via StreetPass.

5amshift

Banned
Just beat Find Mii II once, now I'm on the secret quest. Seriously stupid. the different routes you have to take in order to get more hats. It's an OCD nightmare.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Just got a pass while taking out the trash.

It's starting to be an everyday thing now, and that's very good :)

Wichu

Two more Streetpasses today, one new. This brings me to 100 Plaza inhabitants! And I also finished the OoT3D puzzle!

Croc

Banned
I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the Mii's in your plaza that were not acquired through streetpass? Or at least a way to organize them so they are separated into streetpasses and online Miis?

olimpia84

I dunno if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the Mii's in your plaza that were not acquired through streetpass? Or at least a way to organize them so they are separated into streetpasses and online Miis?

The only way to get rid of them is to delete them one by one. In order to prevent receiving them you have to disable Miis by invitation from the settings.

Croc

Banned
The only way to get rid of them is to delete them one by one. In order to prevent receiving them you have to disable Miis by invitation from the settings.

That's really dumb. I remember after first playing Mario Kart 7 and going to the Mii plaza I was honestly mad that all of them were in there. I don't remember ever being notified that they would be put there, but who knows, maybe I was just in a rush to get playing MK and skipped it.

I know they at least show on the Mii's which were from streetpass and which ones weren't so hopefully that option to separate them will be added in in a later update.

Salaadin

You have to go thru FM2 four times? WHat do I get from the fourth time? I already got the Dark Lord hat.

Im lucky with street passes in that I have a brother, sister, and brother in law all with 3DSs so we just swap out shirt colors for eachother whenever we need it. The local Gamestops are also good for street passes.

I started Secret Quest last week and this is going to take forever to complete. SO many paths.

Is there a way to get friend codes through street pass? I keep meeting the same people in public transportation & would like to send them a message, they've already sent me personal greetings.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Is there a way to get friend codes through street pass? I keep meeting the same people in public transportation & would like to send them a message, they've already sent me personal greetings.

Just put yours in a personal greeting and hope those that you meet often do the same?

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

Unfortunately not, as (from what people have said) Nintendo limits the amount of numbers you can put in a message. You'll just have to catch them in the act.

Just put yours in a personal greeting and hope those that you meet often do the same?

OMG lol, I can't believe I hadn't thought of that, ouch!

Edit:

Unfortunately not, as (from what people have said) Nintendo limits the amount of numbers you can put in a message. You'll just have to catch them in the act.

So it's not possible after all, that's lame. I guess I'll just wave my 3DS in the train until someone reacts...

MrMario315

Neo Member

Write a letter in swap note with your friend code or a forum name on it and set it to send through street pass.

I just had the best Streetpass experience by far.
I'm sure, as most people know, there is a certain amount of class and status that comes along with wearing a top hat.
This is why my Mii is sporting the very spiffy Top Hat to showcase to all the other plebs what a high class socialite he is.
Ever the man of the Earth my Mii is very scientifically minded and as such sports the greeting "I do SCIENCE!".

A few days ago I was walking around and spotted my 3DS happily blinking away. Thinking my day could not get any better I opened my 3DS to reveal a Top Hat Sporting Mii walk up to me and greet me. Obviously chuffed by this occurrence I made a mental note to compliment this Mii's choice of headgear on further occasions.
But alas, the unbreakable bond of trust and harmony that grows among Top Hat wearing Miis was strengthed ten fold that day as her message that she uttered was "FOR SCIENCE!"
A Top Hat wearing Mii with the war cry "FOR SCIENCE!", why, I was in love.

But then she got scared away by the ghosts and didn't give me any puzzle pieces.
What a useless friend.

SmithnCo

I got a streetpass and the Mii had a website name and I assume their username in their message. I think it was a friend code sharing site but I don't remember the name of it. Tinyurl may be another option.

ALL of them? With how many the MK7 and 3D Land have that's, what, like 20 at least?

It's pretty easy on a college campus, it's next to disney world too where I usually get a good amount of streetpasses whenever I go. I'm almost done with every puzzle... Still missing a lot of Find Mii 2 hats though, even though I've beaten quest 1 almost three times and the secret quest once, they really put a lot in there.

Zebra

I'm so close to finishing Find Mii II for the first time, and boy does the frame rate drop whenever this boss does anything.

The option to buy a puzzle piece isn't there if you've completed all the panels that you currently have. The only way to start a new panel is to get a puzzle piece from it via StreetPass.

Thank you!

Salaadin

This is so demoralizing...

-Streetpass!!
-Send him against a reaper!
-Reaper uses curse gas, streetpass fails
-Buy a cat
-Buy 2 older allies, totalling 18 coins
-Cat buys potion, potion was defective
-Allies fail

Back to square one...I hate Secret Quest :(

SmithnCo

This is so demoralizing...

-Streetpass!!
-Send him against a reaper!
-Reaper uses curse gas, streetpass fails
-Buy a cat
-Buy 2 older allies, totalling 18 coins
-Cat buys potion, potion was defective
-Allies fail

Back to square one...I hate Secret Quest :(

I hate it when I have a nice streetpass team ready to go, then the next room I enter is a poison/fire/etc room and they all get scared and leave. :lol

Tyeforce

Thank you!
No problem, you're welcome!

I'm so close to finishing Puzzle Swap and Find Mii II. I only need one more puzzle piece in Puzzle Swap, which I should be getting today at a StreetPass meetup, and I only need one more hat in Find Mii II, which shouldn't take too long to get! But it's still not over then... There's still the accomplishments to complete! D:

Busaiku

I hate it when I have a nice streetpass team ready to go, then the next room I enter is a poison/fire/etc room and they all get scared and leave. :lol

I lost 20-30 characters because I couldn't get a White character or Blue/Yellow team.
So freaking awful.

Jackano

I just completed the Starfox 64 3D puzzle, and wow, this is the most impressive pop-out 3D I ever seen. Fox arwing just is 3cm ahead the screen!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I lost 20-30 characters because I couldn't get a White character or Blue/Yellow team.
So freaking awful.

Happened to be on the original quest, had to wait to find a random white character to light up the room. Thankfully now, with 300 people to pick from in my streetpass 'room', I can just hire the specific colours I need if I come across one of those terrible rooms.

I keep forgetting what the color shits mean on my miis to fight this boss

I love going to NYC I get so many streetpasses
3AQmK.gif

I was just talking about the Pikmin Puzzle Swap diorama in the Wii-U thread and it made me wonder...

has anyone here completed any of the newer Puzzles with the pink pieces yet? I have almost completed the Donkey Kong Country and Ocarina of Time 3D puzzles but I don't yet have any pink pieces for either!

NeoRausch

Streetpassed two guys from japan yesterday (happens pretty frequently in düsseldorf...aka. Littel japan in germany) and finally got pink puzzle pieces.

on a diffrent note: what to do against enemies with a black and white-striped shield?? I've tried to attack the shield with a combo attack of a black and a white shirted mii...no dice!

Top Bottom