• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS Streetpass Experiences

Susurrus

Got about 60 at Disney Sea on Monday. Probably could have gotten more if it wasn't for that 10 limit. The lines were all <30minutes (1 ride had no line) so didn't check the 3DS as much as I could have.

Bumhead

Banned
Its very rare I don't get at least a hit when I take my 3DS with me to work. I work in a city centre but only spend about an hour a day in the streets when walking to and from work.

Think im stuck on Find Mii though. Got to the second to last room but its all dark, no idea how to clear it. Mii's just retreat straight away..

I haven't had any luck with streetpass for all this year so far. It's weird, because last year I usually got one to three hits every day, but now it just stopped.

@TheWednesday

You need a Mii with a white shirt. His magic will light the room.

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Surprising few hits in the two weeks I was in Hong Kong.
Nevertheless, one of the best features of the 3DS, and incorporating it into minigames is a stroke of genius. It's crazy gratifying to see the green light come on.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Surprising few hits in the two weeks I was in Hong Kong.
Nevertheless, one of the best features of the 3DS, and incorporating it into minigames is a stroke of genius. It's crazy gratifying to see the green light come on.
Yeah, it really is.

I just wish individual games used it better, so far I've been a bit unimpressed with its usage outside of Mii Plaza.

Heroes of Ruin's StreetPass sounds like the real live shit though.

Sometimes I pass someone, and their Mii doesn't arrive in my plaza; I just get their streetpass data for Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart, and maybe 3DS Sound. What's the deal? Is there only "so much" data transfer per streetpass?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
What does the SP for Heroes do?
“With HEROES OF RUIN we wanted to take the game experience beyond the confines of the console’s two screens,” said Lee Singleton, General Manager, Square Enix London Studios. “Nintendo 3DS’ online and social features allow us to do so much more than multiplayer, using both StreetPass™ and SpotPass™ to give players innovative ways of enhancing their experience.”

HEROES OF RUIN uses StreetPass to create an inventive in-game ‘Traders’ Network’ where players can buy and sell rare and powerful items picked up in battle. With an ever-changing inventory updated from each player passed in public, character strengths and abilities can be greatly enhanced through accessing items from other players’ games. Outside of the game, HEROES OF RUIN makes use of SpotPass to reward players with rare one-off items or unique challenges through local wi-fi hotspots. The official HEROES OF RUIN community website will reward players further with daily challenges and quests available to complete in-game. With social media functionality, the site will also give players a platform to meet other gamers, swap ideas and items and team-up in-game.
Gangster.

Murkas

Streetpassed 5 people on Monday, 3 of them had pink pieces. How are people getting them?! My spotpass settings are all on!

Vercimber

I've had the 3DS for months and months and still haven't gotten a hit--I must not be in the right place or something. I live about fifteen miles north of Atlanta and take the thing with me into the city once in a while. I also went on a two hour drive to Auburn, Alabama last week and walked around the town with the 3DS (heavily trafficked college town) and nada. I want to see this thing work.

NM0dz

Neo Member
I'm on a trip in Hong Kong at the moment. every time i leave my hotel i get about 8 hits every couple of hours (super densely packed region this is).

the HK population all have Jap 3DSs and 75% of them play monster hunter tri
the remainder play mario kart

had a local wifi match of mario kart with randoms on a bus to down town, was a blast : D

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
I'm on a trip in Hong Kong at the moment. every time i leave my hotel i get about 8 hits every couple of hours (super densely packed region this is).

the HK population all have Jap 3DSs and 75% of them play monster hunter tri
the remainder play mario kart

had a local wifi match of mario kart with randoms on a bus to down town, was a blast : D

WTF. I got a total of 15 hits (Everyone is from Japan that's true) in 2 weeks there, and that's riding the MTR daily and going to Central quite often. Where are you staying?

MoogPaul

Something that has been bothering me lately is that with every tag, I now get 3 notifications for because pretty much everyone has Mario Kart 7 and Mario 3D. I wish everything was a little more organized but that's just my OCD going berserk.

NM0dz

Neo Member
WTF. I got a total of 15 hits (Everyone is from Japan that's true) in 2 weeks there, and that's riding the MTR daily and going to Central quite often. Where are you staying?

That's weird, although i'm staying quite a way from where you did. I'm staying in Tin Shui Wai which is close to New Territories. no joke, once i'm out of the hotel door i get street pass hits straight away. I have an Australian 3DS if it makes any difference (it shouldn't...)

I also get almost no hits on the MTR. seems like the action is on the bus for wifi matches and for mii plaza stuff in shopping malls/streets.

ggd210

Mall is my best option!!

I got 14 notification between Mario Kart and Mario Land!!

Guys... do you think podometer will work if I got outside to skate?

I went to Mitsuwa near Chicago and Woodfield Mall (biggest mall in the area) for 2 days recently and got a total of 7 streetpassses. This is like the same amount I got in the first 7 months after the 3DS launch lol.

Bullza2o

Mall is my best option!!

I got 14 notification between Mario Kart and Mario Land!!

Guys... do you think podometer will work if I got outside to skate?
I presume you went to Woodfield too? I went there last Saturday and Sunday for ~1 hour each, and only got 2 hits and 3 hits. :\

Finally got all the Puzzle pieces and completed Regular Find Mii 2. Now working on Secret Quest. Getting close to 3000 Hits.
Now the Secret Quest is not so secret to me anymore :(

sakipon

Got my first 3DS Sound hit today. I've been carrying this thing since launch.

People sure aren't too excited about it.

5amshift

Banned
I was in NYC a couple days ago and picked up about 20 new passes. New regions including Brazil, and Argentina. Tons of the pink panel pieces also. Picked up more at the Boston Vita party yesterday also.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I've been getting more StreetPasses over the past few weeks, but I've been getting a larger number of them that are -only- for SM3DL or MK7, without MiiPlaza exchanges.

I'm wondering if there are people out there who never enabled it to begin with but -did- with SM3DL as it prompts at the start-up of the game... or if I'm just having "partial" StreetPass data exchanges as I pass folks in my car.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Finally getting streetpasses on a regular basis. Got another one today after only carrying my 3DS around for like an hour. Didn't even have to go anywhere specific like a school or a mall.

Jetku

I finally got one while driving! A true street pass.

I was sitting in the traffic after work outside the Lincoln Tunnel on the Jersey side

It was also my 150th. :). Quite special

Bullza2o

Since classes started back up I've been getting 5+ passes a day. Wednesday I got 7. And I'm finally starting to level up miis.
I started bringing my 3DS with me around campus this week to see if a single soul finally bought a 3DS from September to January. NONE. 23,000 steps around campus in 4 days and not a single hit. I'm so frustrated right now.

I think this is because the feature is not available in their country so no map at present.

How I came to this conclusion is that I am from NZ, I have about 7 Miis, only 1 is from outside of NZ (Japan). When I changed my region settings to England, United Kingdom I saw the World Map for the first time (as said, not available in NZ). When I clicked on it I saw UK (Place of consoles region), Japan (Place of singluar Mii) and 'Map not yet available' when it said New Zealand (6 Miis from NZ).

That's my theory anyway.

I cannot even understand the logic behind this. Then again this is Nintendo :p

I have several countries with no maps around Europe. So annoying. I didn't even realise I'd actually met people in those countries until I read this thread. I thought they were the only countries I hadn't got people in.

Really disapointed about no map for Australia too! My home country.. currently living in UK though.

I generally get a few streetpasses per day in central London. My job takes me to different areas through the day sometimes so lots of chances to get people on the tube and out and about :)

How does one obtain Pink puzzle pieces in the first place? Is this only in SpotPass in Nintendo Wifi Zones? Are these even available in the UK?

I've averaged about five streetpass tags a day on campus at the University of Florida. I've actually tagged a couple of people several times, which makes sense given we each have the same schedules every day.

It's all about the pink puzzle pieces!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
How does one obtain Pink puzzle pieces in the first place? Is this only in SpotPass in Nintendo Wifi Zones? Are these even available in the UK?

I met someone with pink pieces for five different sets. Kind of annoying knowing that my chances of ever coming across them again is slim.

Been playing Ghost Trick so being in DS mode for the past two weeks has basically meant I'm non streetpassable. I could have potentially missed out on one opportunity in that time!

I got a few dozen tags this weekend, a few when we went out to dinner and a good amount at the Miyazaki film festival.

SOOO close to finishing Find Mii II now.

sml_x

I've been getting more StreetPasses over the past few weeks, but I've been getting a larger number of them that are -only- for SM3DL or MK7, without MiiPlaza exchanges.

I'm wondering if there are people out there who never enabled it to begin with but -did- with SM3DL as it prompts at the start-up of the game... or if I'm just having "partial" StreetPass data exchanges as I pass folks in my car.

This has been an issue for me lately as well. Over the past week I've been receiving streetpass notifications for SM3DL only - nothing for Mii plaza. Is this because the other people haven't activated Mii Plaza, or is it due to the fact that I'm getting these passes on the subway, where my train might not be lingering in the station long enough to complete a "full" pass?

At this point I'm mostly interested in getting pink puzzle pieces, so I'm tempted to deactivate SM3DL. I just wish there was some way to know exactly what is going on.

clemenx

Banned
It's a shame I live in a country where I'm not likely to see many streetpasses :( I think it's a great feature. I actually streetpass the same 2 or 3 guys every week at university hehe.

I got like 10+ streetpasses when I bought my3DS on christmas at a mall but not much more.

jonezer4

Are you certain you're passing them with StreetPass and not just getting them from MK7?

I noticed after playing MK7 that a ton of people showed up in my plaza. They weren't like StreePass in that they didn't have puzzle pieces or play Find Mii, but they did randomly and frequently cross over into SM3DL item houses over the next several days.

How does the internet connectivity work? I remember enabling something to do with Streetpass and then internet, but I can't really see much change. Am I supposed to be getting Miis popping into my plaza over teh interwebs?

Also, has anyone else stopped getting pokemons appearing in the pokedex? I have gaps in the dex, yet nothing to fill it with :(

Chuckpebble

Got my first real street passes yesterday at the Philly International Auto Show. 5 of 'em, apparently, when I left the show floor for a beer and a pretzel. Finished my first puzzle.

How does the internet connectivity work? I remember enabling something to do with Streetpass and then internet, but I can't really see much change. Am I supposed to be getting Miis popping into my plaza over teh interwebs?

Also, has anyone else stopped getting pokemons appearing in the pokedex? I have gaps in the dex, yet nothing to fill it with :(

You only get Mii's through streetpass, basically, when the WiFi is on, it'll search for other people's 3DS and you'll swap miis and other game specific stuff. When I'm at home I only turn on the wifi when I put it on the base station, then it can download videos and notifications while I'm not using it.

Top Bottom