• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

3DS System Update Live (Streetpass DLC games, digital game save backups)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
How did you do that?

Okay so technically this is on me for not backing up the raw 3DS folder before attempting this. Basically I had switched to a larger card to fit MH3U on because it didn't fit on the default 2g card. But I wanted recently to transfer over all of the downloaded titles I had on the old card finally.

This is where I get stupid, but to be fair their system is stupid as well. I was stupid because I didn't manually back up the entire card just in case, but they were stupid because there is absolutly no rhyme or reason to how files are stored in the 3DS folder, its all folders with names like 000007 and 000a12 with no way to tell what's associated with what game or whatever. So I couldn't actually locate the MH specific files to back them up.

So I copied the folder with all the old 3DS games onto my harddrive, and then inserted the larger card. I dragged the folder with the old games onto the card. I assumed I would be able to merge the contents of both folders and have all the games.

There was no option to merge. I reflexivly hit replace. Five seconds into the process I recognized what I had just done and cancelled in a panic, but it was too late.

Cbajd5

Wait are the people seeing the new games not in North America?

Didn't the tease for all this say it'd be better for non-Americans sooner?

I NEED MORE HATS

also i get why you can't back up animal crossing save data but it's still lame

Whoo! Finally a decent way to do this. Now if I lose my 3DS I should be able to get back basically everything without skipping a beat.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Woohoo! Shop added to Mii Plaza!

tvix.jpg

Cbajd5

Streetpass Squad, Streetpass Garden, Streetpass Mansion and Streetpass Battle.

HOLY CRAP XENOBLADE CHRONICLES PUZZLE PIECE

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES IN 3D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

KILL EVERYONE WHO HAS THIS ALREADY

THEN BRING THEM BACK TO LIFE LATER OR SOMETHING, I DON'T CARE

Symphonic

Streetpass Squad, Streetpass Garden, Streetpass Mansion and Streetpass Battle.

HOLY CRAP XENOBLADE CHRONICLES PUZZLE PIECE

XENOBLADE CHRONICLES IN 3D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

THIS TELLS ME WHAT THEY ARE BUT DOESN'T REALLY AT ALL

NEED DETAILS MY HEART OHRSSWERQRWRGD
aG
AA
AA
a
a
a
hh
s
fgsd

Luigiv

Okay so technically this is on me for not backing up the raw 3DS folder before attempting this. Basically I had switched to a larger card to fit MH3U on because it didn't fit on the default 2g card. But I wanted recently to transfer over all of the downloaded titles I had on the old card finally.

This is where I get stupid, but to be fair their system is stupid as well. I was stupid because I didn't manually back up the entire card just in case, but they were stupid because there is absolutly no rhyme or reason to how files are stored in the 3DS folder, its all folders with names like 000007 and 000a12 with no way to tell what's associated with what game or whatever. So I couldn't actually locate the MH specific files to back them up.

So I copied the folder with all the old 3DS games onto my harddrive, and then inserted the larger card. I dragged the folder with the old games onto the card. I assumed I would be able to merge the contents of both folders and have all the games.

There was no option to merge. I reflexivly hit replace. Five seconds into the process I recognized what I had just done and cancelled in a panic, but it was too late.

That sucks.

gogogow

It crashes when I wanted more information about Streetpass squad, the bunny takes out something and I get an error message.

CLEEK

But you could backup saves anyway. Just copy the content of the SD card to your PC. The .sav game save files for DD games were under the \..\..\..\title\.. folders.

e.g. .\Nintendo 3DS\2759ad88e6b3404de0152b033419088b\227300bb641019304e43617200734247\title\00040000\00042a00\data

My 4yo accidentally deleted our Luigi's Mansion game save while on holiday. I'd backed up the SD card before leaving, and was able to recover it when we got back home.

Anteo

Uh that sucks. Don't worry though, actually you CANT backup MH data. Yes, I just backed up Brain training, Fire emblem, Etrian Oddysey, but can't do it for monster hunter. Welp

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Uh that sucks. Don't worry though, actually you CANT backup MH data. Yes, I just backed up Brain training, Fire emblem, Etrian Oddysey, but can't do it for monster hunter. Welp

I feel a little bit better now.

A little bit.

Plus my friends are going to let me sit in on a few G-Rank hunts next time we hunt together, so I can make just one weapon that will let me grind back up the ranks at lightning speed.

Top Bottom