• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4K TV's For Around $1000?

Check out the Hisense range that is just starting to become available. They're a big Chinese brand, sponsoring Euro 2016 at the moment. Getting some decent reviews and cheap prices (55" 4K HDR for £500)

Will do, thanks for the suggestion.

I've seen them before but only thought they were clone sets, wasn't sure how they'd measure up for gaming.

Vizio P series (2016).

I'm really enjoying mine I got the 50 inch on sale for 799 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. The picture quality is really nice for the price of these sets. The black levels are so good at first when I would have an all black screen I thought the tv was off.

Wow, really surprised to see that vizio is considered a good brand now. I used to think of it as Walmart trash.

They're okay now but they're still by far the most returned brand we have at work. Reasons tend to differ and obviously, the P series is still too new to give a good measure of R/E rate, but... yup.

Yoday

I'm personally waiting until next year to upgrade. The tech will be better, the prices will be lower, and the content will be in a better place. The plan is to buy UHD Blu Ray combo packs now to future proof my movies, and then get the best value 65" or bigger TV out in 2017 when Project Scorpio launches. The current state of 4K content doesn't justify jumping the gun on tech that should be in a better place next year.

I'm really enjoying mine I got the 50 inch on sale for 799 at Best Buy a few weeks ago. The picture quality is really nice for the price of these sets. The black levels are so good at first when I would have an all black screen I thought the tv was off.

Kills me that the 50" doesn't have 120hz native panel for 1080@120hz. But that's just because of monitor usage as a PC gamer for me. It's the only reason I don't own one as the 55" has an IPS panel which means I have to go 65" for 120hz and VA and I can't justify that price nor find space for it.

It's below 20ms. We don't know for sure if that's the case when in HDR10 mode (no patch adding this released has yet), but the Dolby Vision mode let's you turn on GLL (Game Low Latency), so I would assume the HDR10 mode will do the same once that's released.

Cools. Well it looks like I'll check it out. Thanks!

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
I'm already seeing some pretty nice prices on SlickDeals. I figure I'll be able to get some dope shizznozz on the cheap this time next year.

Lexxon

I picked up the Sony 810C 55" for $800 on an eBay deal back in February. It does native 120hz via HDMI from my PC. I've barely used it since moving, but it's super cool to have that option.

No HDR though, so I'm not super futureproof...and I haven't really pushed any 4k content to the TV. Waiting on my 1070 upgrade to push it from my PC.

Sams Club has a Samsung 55" 4K with HDR for $698! They just got them in, 2016 model.

I plan to get one once I sell my 46" 1080 Samsung.

All of you are talking about great 4K TVs and I'm just sitting here in Mexico seeing how everything is way more expensive and are older models here :(

At least my job pays me in US Dollars :D

JkGbdzF.jpg

Not as big as I'd like it to be, but no complaints with quality or sound or nothing, it looks amazing.

Just got a 55in UHD HDR Sony KD55XD8599 to replace my aging 42in Panasonic GT30 plasma. They are very new, so not many great deals, but I got one for £1300.

Very happy with it. I was worried about black levels coming from plasma, but I've been pleasantly surprised.

Thewonandonly

Question: how to people feel about refurbished TV's. Because there was a Vizio p series 60" for 1000 dollars. Fucking great deal of true so if refurbished TV's are fine I will jump on it :)

I have a Sony KDL-55900A from I believe 2013. It's probably too soon for me to upgrade to a 4K tv though. I'm thinking one more year, I still love my tv now. Is an upgrade really worth it right now?

I'm surprised at all the Vizio recommendations. Last time I was shopping for a tv, the experts seemed to think they were subpar but decent value.

TURBO1112

I usually sit between 3 or 4 feet away from the screen when gaming. Currently playing on 42 inch screen. Would be interested in that size again. My question is is it worth it to get 4k for a TV around 40 inches?

iclash

Recently got a Sony Bravia x810c 55" 4k through Ebay for 800, doesn't have HDR but for the price I'm ok. Great picture, huge step up from my 1080p Vizio. Slickdeals.net is a good source for tracking TV deals.

Vuze

Everybody vouching for Vizio and they don't sell their TVs in Europe :(
Will try 4K gaming once my 1080 arrives at my brothers 4K TV and depending on how impressed (or let down) I feel, I'm kinda in the market for a HDR 4K TV too. So what's the go-to models in Europe?

I got a samsung 55 inch 4k led smart tv for 800$ after 10off cartwheel app and it being on special at target. They said they were having father's day specials as well.

MazeHaze

Banned
Just picked up a Sony 55 inch 850d. Not the greatest black levels around but has hdr and can be set to 120hz at 1080p for pc gaming. Its 1299 but still a pretty good deal, 2 year financing interest free at BB too.

AGITΩ;207361675 said:
It's not too much of a war IMHO. You've got Sony and Samsung who are heavily involved in a film industry with companies mastering their films on their Displays. So pretty much physical media is on the side of HDR10 which is what deemed as "Premium" by the UHD Alliance that was forms last year. Meanwhile you've got Dolby Vision which is a chip that can allow TV's with and WITHOUT a 10bit panel to map out the color correction on their screens even if they don't meet the qualifications for what really is HDR in nit levels. By which there's a clear distinction.
I love listening to the conference calls for Sony, Samsung and LG because it's really a lot of damage control they tell their reps to say about the others technology, LG being so gung ho about Dolby Vision and Samsung and Sony talking down about it.

I think the majority of people at my store have negative things to say about the Brand, the only time I'd even recommend a Vizio 4k is if the other TV they are looking at is a Westinghouse 4K.

Seems like almost everyone in this thread and a ton of review sites go against those negative opinions. Do you have a reason why you (and your coworkers?) have such a negative opinion against Vizio? Interested because I have heard nothing but great things about the brand over the last three or four years.

Top Bottom