• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[8/6/2015] Screenshot comparison of MGSV on each platform will be posted tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo

All PC shots are 4K.

Word of warning, you need serious horsepower for that. Ground Zeroes could not hit maxed 4K at 60fps even with two 970s in SLI.

Noticed that too, and well not really "unfair" but the close-up shots PC vs. PS4 the PS4 close-ups are stretched to fit the close-up of PC 4K so it makes the PS4 version look lot worse than it actually looks.

I just hope I can run this 2560x1440 60FPS with Skylake and GTX 770.

Kezen

Banned
I think light sources are a bigger deal than 4K. Which is why I didn't comment on the texture comparison.

Same as GZ which was significantly pared back on PS4 in that department compared to what could be achieved on stronger PC hardware.

Alienous

Them being tricky with mentioning that The Phantom Pain on last-gen has a sub-HD (less than 720p) resolution is disconcerting for their claims of achieving 30fps.

He's got a point. Performance wise you'd just probably be better off with a single 980Ti, probably around the same price.

A single 980 managed 4k at 30fps in GZ; so people with a single overclocked 970 might be able to play MGS5 at 4k/30fps with minor tweaks.

That's like the opposite of what we were saying xD

A world where a (sub?) 300 dollar gpu playing games at 4x the resolution of consoles (with better quality too).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom