• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and His Blob releasing January 20th on XB1 and PS4(?)

kevin1025

Banned
Trampoline blob is the best blob! Although anvil blob is a strong contender. I'm willing to play this again, I never got very far on the Wii.

Mit-

Awesome. Never got around to my Wii copy. Glad to be able to play this game in a non-shitty resolution, and be able to take in all the detail the artists intended.

HUELEN10

So is it gonna be rendered in HD with the original assets without compression, or will it be the Wii game upscaled with assets we'll never see the full detail of?

I forgot that games are only good if they have unreliable gimmicks :v No, Zack & Wiki is absolutely, 100% not made better by use of the Wii Remote. Anyone who has used a sword in that game can tell you how detrimental it is to the experience.

I've finished the game. The Wii remote absolutely added to the experience.

I forgot that games are only good if they have unreliable gimmicks :v No, Zack & Wiki is absolutely, 100% not made better by use of the Wii Remote. Anyone who has used a sword in that game can tell you how detrimental it is to the experience.

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone call Zack & Wiki a "gimmicky" use of the Wii Remote. I can't imagine playing it without it, tbh. It made great use of the controller.

NolbertoS

Never understood the love for this game. Tried to play it in the NES version, but got bored too quick. Tried on Wii too, but gave up. Maybe 3rd times the charm, but I'll wait for reviews and any additional content.

The NES version was one of the first games I ever owned.........and was way too complicated for kid me to get anywhere with lol

Frodo

OMGOMGOMG! I've always wanted to play it, but back when I had a Wii I didn't have the opportunity! Definitely getting the PS4 version!

So happy about this!

LordCiego

Day one on PC, played it a little on Wii.

Dat hug sound is one of the best sounds in gaming ever, just worth the game for the hug button.

Unai

Loved the wii version. Definity going to pick up the PC version day one
of the summer sale

Efejota

This is the first time I've ever heard anyone call Zack & Wiki a "gimmicky" use of the Wii Remote. I can't imagine playing it without it, tbh. It made great use of the controller.

It had a couple of infuriating moments (Namely the sword fighting and the optional music challenges. They work, but it takes a bit to figure out how) but besides that I really liked the controls.
I even liked how the game simply showed you how you should be holding the wiimote with each item so you'd have to think about how to move it.

Anyways, I was interested in this back in the day but never got to try it, so an HD port is nice. Hope it's as good as it seemed.

FirLocke

Nice! I've been trying to hunt down a copy for the Wii for ages, now I won't have to. Great to see it go digital.

109471093-currency-is-seen-in-this-january-30-2001-image-afp.jpg.CROP.promo-mediumlarge.jpg

They want it.

Haunted

It's such a cute game. I think I stopped playing after the third boss or so, I can't even remember why.

Top Bottom