• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Boy and His Blob releasing January 20th on XB1 and PS4(?)

Montresor

Thank you god.

So Gone Home + A Boy And His Blob coming out to XB1 and PS4.

I need as many of these indie darling puzzle/story games as possible on my XB1... this is what I live for. There is nothing I love more than just relaxing with these quirky, beautiful indie puzzle games. No stress, no worrying, just diving into a beautiful world with bite-sized game play.

Vandole

I really wanted to like this game. The graphics were beautiful, the entire concept was just really cute, but god it was so boring. I am happy that people are finally going to get a chance to play it who did not try it on the Wi, but keep your expectations in line. This is a beautiful but very slow paced puzzle game rather than a platformer, and won't be for everyone.

Good game for what it was, but I wish it had been structured more like the original rather than divided up into stages. Now that I'm an adult, I would appreciate the challenge more.

Parsnip

Heh.

KAgdrou.png

Qwark

Hooray, I love this game, so freaking charming. It is pretty easy though, and a bit short. Though the extra levels provide more of a challenge. I hope this gets confirmed for Vita soon.

maxcriden

Hooray, I love this game, so freaking charming. It is pretty easy though, and a bit short. Though the extra levels provide more of a challenge. I hope this gets confirmed for Vita soon.

One of those early extra levels we couldn't figure out at all. I'd like to think with some distance we could go back and figure it out but man nothing feels defeating like being stumped at a video game puzzle. 😵

Joqu

Ashamed to admit I never played this on Wii even though I own a copy. I'll be happy to amend that now though.

Any word on PS4 / Vita cross-buy? That's gonna be the deciding factor for what platform I'll pick.

I really wanted to like this game. The graphics were beautiful, the entire concept was just really cute, but god it was so boring. I am happy that people are finally going to get a chance to play it who did not try it on the Wi, but keep your expectations in line. This is a beautiful but very slow paced puzzle game rather than a platformer, and won't be for everyone.

It's a bit misleading to describe it as a very slow paced puzzle game when there are 80 stages, and fully 40 of them you have to unlock, and they are not the slower puzzle levels but are more based on using one particular power and reflexes. 40 puzzle levels, 40 "action" stages.

mattp

The sub-HD assets look less than great :/ At least use/give the option for some upscale filtering.

mM5AxWa.jpg

lv3tGBc.jpg

oh dammit...
i don't know why i was thinking they actually had produced these assets at higher resolution and this would look better
oh well. still looks pretty great. better than shitty filters

Melfice7

Why do they still call me greedy? and mad? All i want to do is to create the perfect port. Not for graphics, not for money, but for good! A Boy and His Blob will be the first of many, they shall march out of my studio and sweep away every fanboy, every thread until the very forums are in the loving grip of a Blob's hug, and then peace will reign in Neogaf and all the internet shall bow to me in humble gratitude.

I have this for Wii but I never played it, and always wished it had released on HD consoles since it's so pretty.

Screens in this thread look fine to me, better than anything the Wii could have done, so I'm happy and will gladly buy this again on the PS4. Do we have a price yet?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Any word on price? I'll be deep in Dragon's Dogma by then but if it's like $10 I might bite

$20...not so much

rjc571

Banned
I have this for Wii but I never played it, and always wished it had released on HD consoles since it's so pretty.

Screens in this thread look fine to me, better than anything the Wii could have done, so I'm happy and will gladly buy this again on the PS4. Do we have a price yet?

You realize it looks 100% identical to the Wii version, right?

You realize it looks 100% identical to the Wii version, right?

So you're telling me that piping the image through an HDMI cable instead of a VGA will have absolutely no effect at all on the picture clarity?

Not trying to sound like a smartass I'm genuinely asking. I see that they didn't redraw the assets or anything for HD but I assumed that there would at least be some improvement.

So you're telling me that piping the image through an HDMI cable instead of a VGA will have absolutely no effect at all on the picture clarity?

Not trying to sound like a smartass I'm genuinely asking. I see that they didn't redraw the assets or anything for HD but I assumed that there would at least be some improvement.
it looks fine on Wii U BC (which IS over HDMI)

Top Bottom