• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A guy I don't know is threatening to kill me over a dumb joke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if he's bluffing, at least it'll scare you into not doing such a stupid, idiotic thing ever again!

Also fuck the company for thinking that this advertising campaign is a good idea. I hope something happens that causes them to get sued up the wazoo.

Gum wrapper that started it all.

j3wvrWOl.jpg

tweet this thread using #5truthordare

maybe 5 gum will see it and come to your aide

Yeah, that was a huge red flag that I made a terrible mistake.
Indeed. Sorry about that brother!

To the OP, have you considered tweeting the 5 gum Twitter page (if one exists), explaining his situation with your picture of the wrapper included, and asking them what to do?

Okay so this is fucked and scary but

This kind of makes me giggle. like the dude calls up furious and doesn't even have a specific threat.

I'M GOING TO FIND YOU, AND I'M GOING TO STAB YOU. OR SHOOT YOU. I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET. I GUESS POISONING IS ON THE TABLE? BUT THAT ISN'T REALLY MY STYLE. WHAT DO YOU THINK. THIS INVOLVES YOU TOO.

JeffDude : You Called My Wife Beautiful So I Have to Shoot/Slice You II: It's Straight Up Gum Time

Jeff-DSA

Maybe he'll calm down and realize that the only reason he got so pissed off was that he actually still cared about his wife. He says they've had bad marriage and that he was sure she was cheating. Maybe now he realizes that he actually cares and it will inspire him to work it out with her.

It could happen, RIGHT?!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Maybe he'll calm down and realize that the only reason he got so pissed off was that he actually still cared about his wife. He says they've had bad marriage and that he was sure she was cheating. Maybe now he realizes that he actually cares and it will inspire him to work it out with her.

It could happen, RIGHT?!

Are you fucking serious?

Go to the fucking police holy shit.

It could happen, RIGHT?!

I predict rough waves in their relationship. If he wants to murder OP I can't imagine how he's treating his wife right now...

It could happen, RIGHT?!

Could this be the rising of a long-time friendship with him? Keep him talking about his problems, say you could lend him a shoulder.

gaiages

Banned
Just call the police, if for no other reason than for his wife's safety.

Think about it, if he flew off the handle like that with you, what might he do to his wife?

I would've said the following, along with attaching the image of the wrapper.

"I apologise for any problems caused by my text. It was simply a dare printed on a gum wrapper that my friends urged me to do (a little bending of the truth for prosperity). It just so happened that the random number I entered was yours, and again I am sorry."

Of course I wouldn't get into this situation, because I don't do things that gum wrappers tell me.

It could happen, RIGHT?!

He has your address and he has threatened to kill you.

Call the goddamn cops!

I hope this gets resolved peacefully for you.

I would've said the following, along with attaching the image of the wrapper.

"I apologise for any problems caused by my text. It was simply a dare printed on a gum wrapper that my friends urged me to do (a little bending of the truth for prosperity). It just so happened that the random number I entered was yours, and again I am sorry."

Of course I wouldn't get into this situation, because I don't do things that gum wrappers tell me.

Now I'm imagining Karl Pilkington in this situation.

OP: Before you make your next step, you need to see if this guy thinks you're beautiful too. Mutual feelings are important at this point.

Go to the police with the voicemail, dude.

Yeoman

Do you know anything else about him beyond his phone number?
At this stage I would go straight to the police. There's no point gambling on stuff like this.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Get a new phone number ASAP.... and OP you are truly a jackass for randomly texting someone "you're beautiful"

Takuan

The guy seems unhinged. I wouldn't take any chances, personally, but is there a way for him to link your number to an address? Those reverse number lookup services don't actually provide that kind of info, do they?

Jeff-DSA

Some of what I sent him as follow up (after the gum wrapper pic).

bcYv7TWl.png

His response, which calms me a lot.

AwUDh3rl.png

I think it might be over...but yeah, what a stupid thing to experience today.

Social

hahaha, your story is amazing. I laughed out loud at it. I wouldn't worry about any guy showing up, he won't

You got pranked back man. Take it to the next level. Kill his family and when he walks into the scene jump out and tell "Gotcha!". Omg he'll be so fooled.

ThisGuy

Lol what if this dudes wife has a history and they finally moved on only to have you ruin it all.

Apologize explaining the joke and tell him "These pretzels are making me thirsty".

You should send him pictures of your wife and children to prove to him that you are married anf wouldn't go for another woman. To make sure that he believes them, make sure to provide as much detail about them as possible: your wife's work address, what school your children go to, that kind of thing.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Or he's telling you to chill so you let your guard down... /s

You should send him pictures of your wife and children to prove to him that you are married anf wouldn't go for another woman. To make sure that he believes them, make sure to provide as much detail about them as possible: your wife's work address, what school your children go to, that kind of thing.

Listen to this advice, it seems very reasonable. Also throw in your family's social security numbers to prove you live in a different state.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
"I appreciate your concern..."

"but you're still a dead man walking"

Okay so this is fucked and scary but

This kind of makes me giggle. like the dude calls up furious and doesn't even have a specific threat.

I'M GOING TO FIND YOU, AND I'M GOING TO STAB YOU. OR SHOOT YOU. I HAVEN'T DECIDED YET. I GUESS POISONING IS ON THE TABLE? BUT THAT ISN'T REALLY MY STYLE. WHAT DO YOU THINK. THIS INVOLVES YOU TOO.

Dude's Shit Is Fucked Up So He Got to Shoot/Slice Him

NateGrigs

Have the calls been much more threatening then the texts? Could it be that a coworker/buddy called you from a payphone or something to freak you out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom