• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A guy I don't know is threatening to kill me over a dumb joke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Have the calls been much more threatening then the texts? Could it be that a coworker/buddy called you from a payphone or something to freak you out?

Definitely was not a coworker. This was a legit situation. The live calls were far worse, yes. I think it's dying down...at least I hope it is.

Send him this. Hopefully it seeps into his subconcience and he chokes on it in his sleep.

bazookajoe_comic.jpg

RickD

Surely the only truly American thing to do in this situation is to sue the Bubble Gum maker? then sue your friends, that guy and yourself.

If that person is still so mad even after you have explained yourself. Send a copy of the gum wrapper then i bet he and his wife are having troubles and he picked you to rage against. Even though from your end it's a stupid coincidence. I believe you will not get him to calm down and i would contact the police and just explain what is happening. Then at the very least the police knows about it.

Lengusta

Banned
Will-Smith-Oooh.gif

My face as I read the OP

Some really funny shit, you should have alpha male the situation but then he has your address and you kinda sound like he would beat you in front of you're wife and kids.

Keep us updated

OP Can you not see that victory lies within your grasp? He thinks you a quivering coward begging for life, yet that is how you can prove him the fool. You have his number, use his own tactic against him! Discover his address and take his life before he has chance to take yours. Press your advantage!

And moments before you plunge your blade deep into his heart, whisper into his ear that he was right all along.

Nivash

What were they thinking with that promo? Randomly texting the wife of a psycho that she's beautiful is just one of several ways this could go wrong. You could text a guy who's a huge homophobe and set him off in a similar way. You could text a girl and scare her into thinking she's being stalked. You could text a kid and find SWAT banging down your door at 2 AM to arrest you for solicitation of a minor.

The risk of massive lawsuits alone should have been enough to keep 5 Gum from doing something like this.

Rembrandt

Banned
Some of what I sent him as follow up (after the gum wrapper pic).

bcYv7TWl.png

His response, which calms me a lot.

AwUDh3rl.png

I think it might be over...but yeah, what a stupid thing to experience today.

he's laughing his ass off at you.

also i think the dare meant to text a random number in your phone, not a random number in general.

kewlmyc

Not sure what to say other than call the police if you really feel afraid for your family.

Hope you aren't dead by tomorrow, OP.

iqubal

Banned
Invite the couple for coffee at a starbucks to talk things over etc. When you spot them, quietly walk over and say:

"I've come here to chew some bubblegum and fuck someones wife.....and I'm all out of bubble gum".

Glass Joe

apologize for the auto correct and let him know you meant "cum wrappers," you wanted to know if 5 condoms will be enough for his wife's next session with you.

dude's fuckin with you.

you could call the cops, but i'm pretty sure they won't do anything. you still might call just if you're thinking of getting litigious with 5 Gum, so you have a paper trail. it does sound like a pretty stupid promo and you'd have a case for distress.

Richie

This is so Regular Show-ish...But here's hoping the last message is an indication that he can think more rational now after his initial outburst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom