• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A mexican kid stole your DS and ran for the border. Let's learn Spanish!

I've had no trouble understanding people from South and Central America. Yet, people from Spain baffle me. I have to make a conscious effort to parse through their thick accent.

I've been exposed to most every Spanish accent, too. In Miami, where I've lived most of my life, there's Cubans, Mexicans, Puerto and Costa Ricans, for the most part. Yet I've met Colombians, Venezuelans, Peruvians, Ecuadorians, Chileans, Nicaraguas, Guatemantecos, Panamenos, San Salvadorenos and Argentinans.

I've understood them all without difficulty, with the exception of the usage of certain words that differ from country to country, mundane things, like "cake" and "pen."

Spanish from Spain is a completely different deal.

Oh, and I call it Spanish, and so has most everyone else I've met, with the occasional "castellano" thrown in.

Dragmire

mugwhump said:
It must be an authentic Spanish car, from Spain. They don't call her Gina Vasquez for nothing!
LOL
Maybe the game is about an acid trip. These delusional kids think a flat, folded, featureless gray thing is a DS. Also, I'm pretty sure Gina is trying to get rid of the kid.

Hootie

MiamiWesker said:

What in the FUCK?!? :lol :lol

The kid is talking to a BULL in the back of a PICKUP TRUCK, and it just so happens that the bull is going to help teach the kid Spanish? The bull also say that spanish is the language that "will thwart evil". Just....WTF. :lol :lol :lol :lol

GOTY confirmed, CoD4, Halo 3, and Bioshock AM CRY.

Hootie said:
What in the FUCK?!? :lol :lol

The kid is talking to a BULL in the back of a PICKUP TRUCK, and it just so happens that the bull is going to help teach the kid Spanish? The bull also say that spanish is the language that "will thwart evil". Just....WTF. :lol :lol :lol :lol

GOTY confirmed, CoD4, Halo 3, and Bioshock AM CRY.

I love how its supposedly his grandfathers truck, "quick, get in the back!"

Oh and "I'm sure you will be teaching me by then!" :lol

the_id

A talking bull?! Language that will thwart evil?! His coming has been foretold to all bovines?! This game seems to be more epic than any Final Fantasy game.

MiamiWesker said:
4q3ss4w.gif

Crushed

Fry Daddy
So we have the story about a Mexican kid who stole your DS and drove to the border, his family inexplicably getting chased by cops, so you hitch a ride to Mexico with your sexy Latina aunt with seven foot-long arms while she teaches you Spanish in a sensual manner, then she leaves you (an eight year-old child) alone in Tijuana and tells you to get into the back of a pickup truck she assumes is your grandfather's, where you meet a talking bull who tells you that your coming is a legend among bovines and that he will teach you Spanish, the language that will thwart evil (of DS stealing Mexicans).

...This is the best story in videogame history. People say that even the best ones are on par with summer blockbusters, but this is amazing.

Hootie

So we have the story about a Mexican kid who stole your DS and drove to the border, his family inexplicably getting chased by cops, so you hitch a ride to Mexico with your sexy Latina aunt with seven foot-long arms while she teaches you Spanish in a sensual manner, then she leaves you (an eight year-old child) alone in Tijuana and tells you to get into the back of a pickup truck she assumes is your grandfather's, where you meet a talking bull who tells you that your coming is a legend among bovines and that he will teach you Spanish, the language that will thwart evil (of DS stealing Mexicans).

This story is too epic to be in a video game. Just....too....epic. :lol

Hootie

Brannon said:
We don't even know what Scene 3 is yet!

I will be waiting eagerly for the next scene to be uploaded. Surely it cannot dissapoint, from what we've already seen. :lol

Joe Molotov

Brannon said:
We don't even know what Scene 3 is yet!

I think Scene 3 will be when Muhammad Ali fights an 80 foot tall, mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory's not what it used to be, but I'm pretty sure the Earth was destroyed.

iammeiam

I'm placing my cards on Shawn learning that Miguel was actually kidnapped by terrorists, and the bulls need him free so that Miguel can one day invent a cow-free meat replacement. You use your mad Spanish skills to summon up your family's hereditary mage powers to banish the terrorists to... I don't know... French Canada, setting up a sequel.

With a storyline like that, I actually am willing to learn spanish and complete tasks just to see how the story unfolds. Then as a result I learn spanish. Awesome.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
We need a thread title change, and stat!

"Now with epic cow prophecies!"

Vlad

Brannon said:
At first I was like..

but then..

6h4n239.gif

I failed to :lol properly and spat liquid out my mouth.

Yeah, the first scene struck me as weird and possibly inappropriate, but that second one literally had me in tears from the laughter.

Actually, she said that he should visit her if he "happens to come across Tijuana".

The fact that the truck even says "Big Bull" on the back just adds another little detail to the weirdness.

Dragmire

iammeiam said:
I'm placing my cards on Shawn learning that Miguel was actually kidnapped by terrorists, and the bulls need him free so that Miguel can one day invent a cow-free meat replacement. You use your mad Spanish skills to summon up your family's hereditary mage powers to banish the terrorists to... I don't know... French Canada, setting up a sequel.
You were on the development team, weren't you?

Jiggy

tyrael23333 (14 minutes ago) Show Hide Marked as spam 0 (Reply) (Spam)
Want scene 3, NOW!
sologamer87 (12 minutes ago) Show Hide Marked as spam (Reply) (Spam)
I'm almost there. Just sit tight.
Can't wait. Just can't wait. :D

justchris

...This is the best story in videogame history. People say that even the best ones are on par with summer blockbusters, but this is amazing.

Truly, this is the best story since Xenosaga.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
And here I was worried that the writer's guild strike would leave me bored. This is better than any show could ever dream.

Top Bottom