• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Night Under No Man's Sky — PSX Session (9pst)

Is this going to be the band the whole hour? That would be boring. Great way to avoid talking about actual gameplay/plot though.

69i7fq9.gif

Yea, as someone who is extremely hyped it is very unfortunate it's so prominent.

Hopefully a powerful PC can eliminate it to a degree, as most of the computation is CPU based it seems.
I'm not sure a powerful PC would matter. The pop in is there because the surface of the planet is being procedurally generated as you explore. Though I'd guess if you leave a planet and return, it wouldn't need to generate again.

I'm not sure a powerful PC would matter. The pop in is there because the surface of the planet is being procedurally generated as you explore. Though I'd guess if you leave a planet and return, it wouldn't need to generate again.

And a faster CPU can generate it faster, at a greater distance.

And no, it's only loaded for when you see it. It's not like it gets loaded into the game when it's seen once, and then it's faster to load if you see it again. If you leave, it gets generated again as if you've never been there before.

Well we are about to hit 30 minutes.

Honestly if this does end up being just music with barely any new footage I wouldn't mind as the music is great, but fucking A if this won't make the game garner more hate from people on GAF.

Soma

If nothing else I love that this is an opportunity for the band to get more exposure.

Very well deserved.

Seiru

Banned

More powerful hardware would allow you to generate terrain in a large enough radius that it's not visible to the player

not feeling the way objects are kind of just warped in, kind of looked like the video was sped up though

The game generates the environment/planets based on your position. Would be nice if it looked a bit smoother, but considering the scope of the game, I'm alright with that.

Well we are about to hit 30 minutes.

Honestly if this does end up being just music with barely any new footage I wouldn't mind as the music is great, but fucking A if this won't make the game garner more hate from people on GAF.

My thoughts exactly. Although I could have sworn I heard Sean say something about showing off a different side of the game in his interview earlier today.

Well they have a new a fan in me, will download the ever living shit out of their music in amazon whenever I get a chance. Assuming they have it there of course, though I've seen random obscure djs with music on amazon, shouldn't be far fetched

To me this kind of harkens back to the early days of the Playstation and being introduced to some new music with a little game called Wipeout. Really loving this.

And a faster CPU can generate it faster, at a greater distance.

And no, it's only loaded for when you see it. It's not like it gets loaded into the game when it's seen once, and then it's faster to load if you see it again. If you leave, it gets generated again as if you've never been there before.

More powerful hardware would allow you to generate terrain in a large enough radius that it's not visible to the player
You may be right. I just assumed this was a limitation of their engine.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Music is great and fits the game well but I want to see new gameplay, not the band. Seriously, tomorrow better be a lot better because if this is what PSX is going to be like every year, I'll definitely be skipping it. UGH. So disappointed.

Kuro

Did a load of new juniors join the past couple days? Keep seeing drive by posts from them on every game being shown off.

Top Bottom