• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

a SECOND Nintendo Direct presentation (Wii U 1st & 3rd party sw) @ 11pm JPN time

Zenaku

There's only one thing for it. I'm going to steal another monitor from my family and watch all simultaneously, the Japanese Direct on my main monitor with audio, and the others on a second muted, so I can look out for game announcements.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
image.php
eNt5i.jpg

Medalion

Banned
Woah, this is too much. Seems ridiculous.

Nintendo fall stuff often deliver more than their e3s, but I still feel like they're going to blow it some how. They can't talk about Wii U and not have a poor presentation can they?
(BELIEVE)

I...BELIEVE...
you are right

bndadm

7 a.m. PST, after the first direct at midnight PST. I'm in the middle of moving and I need to sleep but...clearly I don't need it as much as I thought.

*I'm a dolt. I just now understood this second JP conference overlaps with the Western NYC reveal. I kept wondering why everyone was saying that, but I forgot it's a 10 a.m. EST reveal for NoA.

Nintendo knows how to put on a good nintendo direct so im down to hype this.
Im more worried about the american conference where reggie tries to spin ports as amazing.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Shame, i'll be on my way to class when this starts. I guess i could watch it on my phone or something.

I dislike when they do more than one at a time. I prefer watching the Japanese ones (Iwata, more games, more footage, and all), but the American one has information more relevant to me, plus is in English...

Guys, leave your doubts at the door. Forget E3. This is IT!

GET HYPED

This is the later in the year show where all the actual good stuff will be announced and the glorious IN DEVELOPMENT SIZZLE REEL we all wanted at E3 will be revealed.

GET HYPED

I BELIEVE

OH GAWD GONNA FAINT AHHHHHHHHHH

Iwata.gif

Iwata is happy cause he runs the good Nintendo, the one where everything comes out and people are happy all the time.

Reggie gets stuck answering all the dumb WAH WAH I WANT THIS IN ENGLISH WHY WONT YOU RELEASE THIS NO ONE CARES ABOUT BATMAN stuff lol.

I would feel sorry for him if he wasn't a jerk and probably the reason they don't come out to begin with.

I find it really hard to watch multiple ones too, its like the Japanese one has cooler stuff more to my interest gaming wise but the English ones are more important to me in the what I'll actually have available to me to buy sense.

HeySeuss

They're trying to cap the software leaks to not spoil the surprise to the other conference. I wonder if that means there will be surprise game announcements.....

Maybe Retros game??? Maybe GTAV?? Let's get HYPE!!!!!

Woah, this is too much. Seems ridiculous.

Nintendo fall stuff often deliver more than their e3s, but I still feel like they're going to blow it some how. They can't talk about Wii U and not have a poor presentation can they?
(BELIEVE)

Well, you have to think about it realistically. They came out of E3 with still a mist of confusion about Wii U concepts and the aura of a "safe" launch lineup. This is their chance to make a solid impression on the Wii U and give it a positive media and public outlook. Even if they show no new games, they can demostrate the Wii U solidly and re-present already announced games freshly. Perhaps throw in a teaser for post -launch releases

Zenaku

That's my plan for now. However, I have a measley 4:3 monitor so I don't know how to juggle two Nintendo Directs and NeoGAF at the same time. :p

Hmm...Well the English Directs are likely to start with release date, pricing and system features, which you'll likely see in the first Japanese presentation anyway, so I don't know...top half of screen for the Japanese Direct, bottom half separated between the US Direct and a GAF thread?

ThaGuy

Europe, Japan, the United States, and even fucking Australia all have a Nintendo Direct at the exact same time.

This is, like, planets align level of evil shit.

I find it funny how you use those choice of words in 2012 lol.

Staying on topic, I probably will wake up to utter chaos since I plan to sleep in until 11 est. I can't wait to see what's in store for us though . Should be some interesting comments and bans.

You hear me people, try to keep it civil.

TriGen

That's my plan for now. However, I have a measley 4:3 monitor so I don't know how to juggle two Nintendo Directs and NeoGAF at the same time. :p

My plan for all four is to watch the JPN Direct tonight and then watch the live NoA conference first tomorrow, then I will follow that by watching the JPN software Direct and then finally the NoE Direct. I figure since the NoA conference is live I won't be able to re-watch it right away so that should get 10 am priority for me, but I can still jump right into the other Direct's after the conference ends, so I shouldn't miss anything.

jeremy1456

Because it's all just a little bit of history repeating

If history repeats itself then no one will be disappointed.

Nintendo always announces their big stuff in fall. For example, last year at this time Monster Hunter 4 was announced. Years before Monster Hunter Tri was announced and smaller stuff like Samurai Warriors, Tales of Graces, Punch Out! And Sin and punishment 2.

They have been on the ball with their fall conferences for years.

Eric C

How many conferences are we at already?!?!

I'm not sure my body is ready for all of this....:(

1 Japanese one at 3 AM EST

3 Simultaneous ones at 10 AM EST... JPN, US, EU ...maybe 4 if Australia gets a conference at the same time.

So either 4 or 5 total.

JAYinHD

I really wish I could stay up for the Japanese event but I have to get the kids ready for school in the morning. Fortunately, I did my homework so the folks at my university won't bother until Monday morning. Let's get it crackin Nintendo, ya boy is ready.

sazzy

I really wish I could stay up for the Japanese event but I have to get the kids ready for school in the morning. Fortunately, I did my homework so the folks at my university won't bother until Monday morning. Let's get it crackin Nintendo, ya boy is ready.

Watch it with your kids.

jmizzal

E3 showed about 3 Japanese 3rd party games. There will be new game announcements.

This
If people think Japan ND wont have new games your fooling yourself, Nintendo is not gonna have an empty WiiU launch in Japan where they are dominating the charts.

Top Bottom