• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

a SECOND Nintendo Direct presentation (Wii U 1st & 3rd party sw) @ 11pm JPN time

IrishNinja

reposting cause heads aint ready

iUUQTixnareNL.png

agnLy.gif

No one's driving! Hype train ahoy!

this man knows what's up

destination: RIGHT INTO THE SUN~

IrishNinja

topic's about the 10AM (EST) 2nd conference for WU games, i didnt see another yet so i was asking if this was gonna be the OT..hopefully cheesemester does his own though

edit Nibel where is that ringing comiOH GOD ITS FROM INSIDE THE THREAD

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I really think this presentation will disappoint, especially when it comes to Nintendo first-party software. They won't announce shit, which is what we want to see.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really think this presentation will disappoint, especially when it comes to Nintendo first-party software. They won't announce shit, which is what we want to see.

Pretty much.

Busty

Banned
I will be watching it in good ol' Blighty at 3.

I have no interest in the WiiU but if Nintendo can show (or at least announce) some software and features that will turn people's heads then I'll give them the kudos.

But if not and this is their E3 conference all over again..........,

*sharp intake of breath*

It's going to be interesting to say the least.

Morokh

I'm actually more interested to see what third party software they'll have at launch and in the months after than their games.

StuBurns

Banned
Maybe, but look how they revealed P-100, like it was nothing of note, not even worth sharing the E3 stage with a year old port of Batman. They could have some wild shit they just haven't mentioned so far because it's not aligned with their messaging so far.

DrWong

I'm actually more interested to see what third party software they'll have at launch and in the months after than their games.
Yep. We know their big games will come. It would be cool to have a preview of what's coming from Nintendo beyond launch window but right now I'm more curious about the third party support

BowieZ

Banned
Anyone think they could be trying to (read: trying to) out-announce Apple, which is why their E3 was relatively meagre?

So they've saved up a few doozies/software announcements for the day after? (Not just pricing etc.)

I know people have suggested they've done it merely to piggyback on tech site traffic thanks to Apple's reveals, but what if they want to try to inundate with Nintendo news, rather than merely 'appear'?

(not sure if i explained myself well there lol)

Ashhong

Anyone think they could be trying to (read: trying to) out-announce Apple, which is why their E3 was relatively meagre?

So they've saved up a few doozies/software announcements for the day after? (Not just pricing etc.)

I know people have suggested they've done it merely to piggyback on tech site traffic thanks to Apple's reveals, but what if they want to try to inundate with Nintendo news, rather than merely 'appear'?

(not sure if i explained myself well there lol)

Why? iPhone is hardly a Wii U competitor.

It won't disappoint as long as you look at precedent for these types of conferences, and remember that it's explicitly to show off launch stuff.

Unfortunately, a lot of people haven't been doing this.

Nibel

I don't know what your problem is

We already had a new Nintendo game reveal this week - or does Balloon Fight not count as Nintendo game anymore

Vic

I don't know guys. I'm aware that Japanese 3rd party games will be revealed today. It's Nintendo that makes me guessing. What's has been announced from them so far isn't substantial enough to me. It would be great to know what is coming out after these launch games.

I don't know what your problem is

We already had a new Nintendo game reveal this week - or does Balloon Fight not count as Nintendo game anymore
I believe Nintendo Land was already announced a long time ago. And it's a mini-game!!!!

Er, not really... The only people counting Balloon Fight as an individual title are those looking to compare it to similarly lightweight iOS games.

Kacho

I don't know guys. I'm aware that Japanese 3rd party games will be revealed today. It's Nintendo that makes me guessing. What's has been announced from them so far isn't substantial enough to me. It would be great to know what are coming out after these launch games.

Hang in there, my friend. Hopefully we'll get something to gnaw on in a few hours.

IrishNinja

i mean he's got a point

you can call Balloon Fight (#gamechanger #systemseller) a mini-game of Nintendo Land

but it was kind've a mini-game on its own in the day

Hey, Nintendo, we better back up. We don't have enough E3 HYPE to get up to DAY ONE.

E3 Hype? Where we're going, we don't need E3.

Vic

Important: How long is the NA event and the JP ND?
The NA event will be longer (10am - 16pm); I believe there will be an hands-on session after the conference for the press. The Nintendo Direct presentation is probably a pre-TGS kind of thing, won't last more than an hour..

Vic

how I am suppose to keep up? damn 3 tabs at the same time open? who should I listen? Reggie? >_<
Personally, I'll focus on the NA event, watching the live stream. Will follow the JPN presentation through Twitter.

What nintendo SHOULD have done with Nintendo Land...

Release the hub and 2 of the mini games (Animal Crossing, and one other) as free with system launch. Then release each other game as 1.99 expansions, and indefinitely expanded on it... Launching new "attractions" every 3-6 months or so.

Anyways I digress, luckily after hyping a little last night I watched Japan's first conference and I got sufficiently less hyped. It's not that the conference was bad, it just re-awoke me to the reality that even if some good games are shown, the 10am conference won't likely blow me away.

Still interested, still a little excited by hyped? Nah... Then again, ask me in 2 hours and my answer may change.

guit3457

how I am suppose to keep up? damn 3 tabs at the same time open? who should I listen? Reggie? >_<

I'm in Europe but I will see the Japanase stream and then Europe and USA.

You don't need to watch all at the same time because the first page of Neogaf will be all Wii U threads related XDDD

The NA event will be longer (10am - 16pm); I believe there will be an hands-on session after the conference for the press. The Nintendo Direct presentation is probably a pre-TGS kind of thing, won't last more than an hour..

So we're expecting the Japanese one at this point to be a "Hey Japanese people, we know you're tired so we'll give you a quick rundown ahead of those NA chumps." sort of thing and then the main NA live broadcast to be where all the details are going to pan out after the fact?

Or am I misinterpretting?

Top Bottom