• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

a SECOND Nintendo Direct presentation (Wii U 1st & 3rd party sw) @ 11pm JPN time

choo-choo-motherfucker.jpg

Hakai

I actually enjoyed the first japanese ND, it was what I was expecting since the second one was annouced, I think the main event it will be great!

So we're expecting the Japanese one at this point to be a "Hey Japanese people, we know you're tired so we'll give you a quick rundown ahead of those NA chumps." sort of thing and then the main NA live broadcast to be where all the details are going to pan out after the fact?

Or am I misinterpretting?

Only in that you're talking like the Japanese one precedes the NA event, and it does not. It's simultaneous with it.

Only in that you're talking like the Japanese one precedes the NA event, and it does not. It's simultaneous with it.

Except we expect the US one to cover all the information from the first Japanese ND, unless you think that NOA is going to skip over launch information or that the second Japanese one will go over it again ;)

thefro

I expect the Japanese stream to show some weird-Japanese only games and the American/European streams to show some Western ports and maybe some WiiWare games that Japan won't show.

I only just caught up with the previous presentation; what's the difference with this following Nintendo Direct to the one they just had? Is it focused more on Wii-U software?

Also after seeing the price and the way the system's going to be bundled up I'm feeling more optimistic about the console's launch. Bar a catastrophic marketing fuck-up while it won't reach Wii-levels of success I don't see this not being some sort of big hit.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
1h30 left!

Still pissed off that i can't watch any streams or videos from my work. It's going to annoy me even more if they got interesting secret games that i won't be able to see until 6 hours later.

Then again I'm more interested in Japan games since we probably already know what the US stream would contain save for specs and price.

Wait, when did Iwata hold on nonspecific action figure?

At the end of E3 I think Nintendo's youtube page had a quick 30 second gag video with Iwata congratulating Miyamoto, Reggie and finally Non-Specific Action Figure once the former two left. I'd of probably found it cute if I wasn't still pissed off about staying up at 4AM for what was a pretty crap E3 conference at the time.

SuomiDude

I'll leave home at 4pm and get back home at 8 or 9pm, so I can just check all the news at once. Of course it'd be more exciting to watch one of the streams live, but can't have everything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
At the end of E3 I think Nintendo's youtube page had a quick 30 second gag video with Iwata congratulating Miyamoto, Reggie and finally Non-Specific Action Figure once the former two left. I'd of probably found it cute if I wasn't still pissed off about staying up at 4AM for what was a pretty crap E3 conference at the time.

Oh god that sound hilarious.

Is it still up in their tube?

Hmm, the Rayman Legends trailer showed that players can put figures on the Wii-U tablet, and have them unlock things within the game (like a Rabbids level). I wonder if Nintendo is planning the same thing, and that's why they keep showing off "Non-specific Action Figure".

TheChits

Hmm, the Rayman Legends trailer showed that players can put figures on the Wii-U tablet, and have them unlock things within the game (like a Rabbids level). I wonder if Nintendo is planning the same thing, and that's why they keep showing off "Non-specific Action Figure".

Oh god I hope so

This is the first time I'm interested in Nintendo since the Snes system.
I very happy Nintendo is going HD and I love their new controller.
I really need HD, especially for Japanese text.

There seems to be so much potential, and the price $250 (if that's the price), is at a price which I feel comfortable for spending for a video game machine, and solely a video game machine.

I had no interest in Wii, Gamecube, nor 64, but I'm really interested in Nintendo the most this generation.

I'm really shocked at this, as most products I own are Sony.

You do know they only showed him two times right? The pre-e3 nintendo direct and at the end of e3 press conference.

Wiz

3 streams...AT THE SAMN DAMN TIME!

Gonna watch the Regginator though since I'm in Americurr

Galang

Banned
The Nintendo hype always amazes me. Do ye never learn!?

My body is ready... to be disappointed. Like usual.

Yup. I'm not even boarding the hype train this time. If anything does happen I will be pleasantly surprised and that's it.

Expect a release date and a price. Anything else is bonus

and by anything else

I mean Nintendoland sequel announced, Nintendoworld, coming 2013

Hakai

I'm Hyped, and I will probably not get disappointed, since I just expect the basic.

Price, Date, some insight in already known games and OS details(hopefully).

Top Bottom