• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A Song of Ice and Fire -- **Unmarked Spoilers For All Books including ADWD**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Apparantly someone at 4chan /tv/ is scanning the book page by page and putting up. So spoilers are out there, beware! 

bengraven

Keen said:
Apparantly someone at 4chan /tv/ is scanning the book page by page and putting up. So spoilers are out there, beware! 

Fuck me....assholes.

I wasn't able to read the first four books without ALL the major plot points spoiled for me by assholes. The only thing that shocked me was Cat dying at the Red Wedding (knew about Robb) and Tyrion marrying Sansa.

Wait so the release is bumped up to July 1st? Amazon is still showing the 12th for release. Where will I be able to get it earlier? Soon as I have the answer to these questions I am BAILING this thread.

ezrarh

Looks like I won't be able to venture anywhere else on the internet besides GAF now. And even that isn't probably 100% safe.

yacobod

Banned
Outdoor Miner said:
Wait so the release is bumped up to July 1st? Amazon is still showing the 12th for release. Where will I be able to get it earlier? Soon as I have the answer to these questions I am BAILING this thread.

i think its the 1st of July in Europe, i think the US release date is still the 12th but i could be wrong.

JerkShep

Gambit said:
Apparently some people on the Westeros website tried this and found it to be impossible. It seems to have been a screw-up with the pre-orders they already had, but they are now aware of it.

Of course it doesn't hurt to try. If they don't ship it, you can still cancel and order it from the uk or wherever else.

Thanks, I have preordered it and I'll let you know if it works. The price is basically the same so even if it doesn't work it's not a big deal.

The big deal is if I'll be able to resist the urge to read some spoilers. I want to know if Davos survives, damn :( (probably I'm the only Davos fan in the world)

bengraven

Basically Amazon won't be releasing it until the 12th in America.

Even if they relent, I promise you the Kindle edition will be arriving July 12.

FUUUUUCK Me.

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Outdoor Miner said:
Wait so the release is bumped up to July 1st?  Amazon is still showing the 12th for release.  Where will I be able to get it earlier?  Soon as I have the answer to these questions I am BAILING this thread.

No one really knows at this point. Either it was just a glitch on Amazon.de's part (seems like new orders are showing the 12th) and they are moving back to the 12th as a release date or it was deliberate. Australia is showing friday as the release date according to harper collins uk-site. UK release date is still listed as the 12th. 

Swedish online retailer Bokus, with ties to physical bookstores, is listing July 1st for the us version and the 21st of july for the british. So that seems kinda weird as I believe it's the british that is being released early. 

Hopefully Bantam and Harper Collins will tell retailers to release it if it's in stock ASAP

I've preordered both kindle and regular versions. I'll buy whatever gets to me first!

yacobod said:
i think its the 1st of July in Europe, i think the US release date is still the 12th but i could be wrong.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

12 days later? There is no way I'm not getting spoiled unless I completely quit the internet for 2 weeks. A snow's chance in hell of that happening.

Outdoor Miner said:
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

12 days later? There is no way I'm not getting spoiled unless I completely quit the internet for 2 weeks. A snow's chance in hell of that happening.

It is a scary prospect... I don't want to be spoiled anything, and I'm a slow reader - I like to take my time and absorb everything. I want to make it last as long as possible as well, so it could very well take me a month to read through the whole thing, but even still - the sooner I get going the happier I will feel (and the sooner this hole in my existence is gone the better).

Beh.... I'm going to go on a bookstore calling hunt tomorrow if work isn't too busy... but it's likely that I'm going to get hammered at work because we're two people down at the moment :(

BAH!

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Man I really hope I get my US Kindle version early somehow.

The maps, which I don't even remotely consider a spoiler, are pretty cool. Seems like a lot of new info.

Fuck. Fuck me.

Yeah, spoilers are all over. I literally clicked to see a picture of the new maps out of curiosity and
they posted a major character death. I can't even believe this person would be killed off, not in a million years,
and now I'm pissed.

Wow...I can't believe it. I just can't. Good luck guys, don't go anywhere near threads related to the book. Assholes.

I'm so mad I'm almost shaking :mad:

FUCK (and I don't like using language so you can tell how upset I am)

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Deadly Monk said:
Fuck. Fuck me.

Yeah, spoilers are all over. I literally clicked to see a picture of the new maps out of curiosity and they posted a major character death. I can't even believe this person would be killed off, not in a million years, and now I'm pissed.

Wow...I can't believe it. I just can't. Good luck guys, don't go anywhere near threads related to the book. Assholes.

FUCK
Where were you? Westeros seems pretty safe. Everything is on lockdown and mod approval.

Deadly Monk said:
Fuck. Fuck me.

Yeah, spoilers are all over. I literally clicked to see a picture of the new maps out of curiosity and they posted a major character death. I can't even believe this person would be killed off, not in a million years, and now I'm pissed.

FUCK

I don't even know whether you should even mention that
a character dies
without tags, it's being extra cautious I know but... it's GAF and it's better to be nice on GAF because we're nice to fellow gaffers right?

But... I suppose - it's to be expected right? I think I need to leave this thread and search for copies on my own... but what if I didn't check this thread and missed someone saying that there was somewhere that I could buy it... FUCKITY FUCK... what to do... what to do... GAH GAH... hate this shit.

For now. It's time for bed. Have fun fellas!

Keen

Aliens ate my babysitter
Deadly Monk said:
Fuck. Fuck me.

Yeah, spoilers are all over. I literally clicked to see a picture of the new maps out of curiosity and
they posted a major character death. I can't even believe this person would be killed off, not in a million years,
and now I'm pissed.

FUCK

Hopefully it was just a troll-spoiler! But for fuck's sake, don't even refer to it openly! I don't even want to read what you just wrote! 

Just spoke to someone from sweden's largest SF&Fantasy book store and he had just spoken with the publisher. No early release, still the 12th. No one can sell early, so it was just a mistake on Amazon.de's part. 

I'm just going to try to stay away from the internet now! 

Gambit

JerkShep said:
Thanks, I have preordered it and I'll let you know if it works. The price is basically the same so even if it doesn't work it's not a big deal.

The big deal is if I'll be able to resist the urge to read some spoilers. I want to know if Davos survives, damn :( (probably I'm the only Davos fan in the world)

Good luck! I also like Davos quite a bit, btw. He distrusts Melisandre, so I believe him.

I'm so mad.

I literally cursed the internet. Regarding the spoiler I was talking about (no new spoiler, just want to be safe and highlight anyway):

In the same sentence, they explained how this character was killed so I know it was legitimate. They also literally had a million lines under it with more but thank god I closed it so fast.

I needed to vent. I texted my friend the spoiler, someone needs to share the pain with me...

I'm just going to stay away from twitter, and ignore some trolls on other message boards I post on who might try spoiling stuff. GAF will be safe, I'll just avoid threads like this

yacobod

Banned
im always so weak willed and was browsing the forums at westeros and read some horrible spoilers, not sure if the stuff was true or not, but FML and the series if true.

yacobod said:
im always so weak willed and was browsing the forums at westeros and read some horrible spoilers, not sure if the stuff was true or not, but FML and the series if true.

I can spoil a movie or my manga but a book is an investment. I can't do it.

yacobod said:
DO NOT say that last part. DO NOT. DO NOT.

NO.

JerkShep

I assume the Amazon.de guy who fucked up the release will soon have a Golden Crown, a Red Wedding or something equally gruesome

JerkShep said:
I assume the Amazon.de guy who fucked up the release will soon have a Golden Crown, a Red Wedding or something equally gruesome

The official release date is July 1st in Australia :(

So many, many people have the book as of today and more will have it by Thursday

gate777

Damn, a little over 2 weeks left for the release. I'm going to savour it like conjugal visit sex.

I'm dying to find out what happened to Jon and his offer from Stannis. Will he continue being lord commander? Will he bow and rise as Jon Stark and take back Winterfell?

daaaaaamn....so many hanging plot lines, daaaaamn once again!

And DAMN the wait between A Dance With Dragons and Winds of Winter!

edit: I'm out too

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Um, Amazon.de still has release date set to 4th of July. Probably due to "10-14 days" for delivery, but i always get their stuff in 2 days.

Just checked my order.

I called my local Atlantic book store and was surprised to find out each book has been pre-ordered. The owner said she would place a special order for me, now all I can hope
is for a phone call July 1st (3 days) to tell me my copy has arrived and ready for pickup.

Clipjoint

T5cOB.gif

I don't see how people waited for 6 years for the book yet can't wait two more weeks for it instead of looking at spoilers. Come on people. I must admit I want to see the new map asap, but doing so would be dangerous so I won't.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
The negative reactions I'm seeing here from people who got spoiled have me kind of worried. It doesn't seem like just anger at being spoiled but also at what happened. I'm nervous.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
PhoenixDark said:
I don't see how people waited for 6 years for the book yet can't wait two more weeks for it instead of looking at spoilers. Come on people. I must admit I want to see the new map asap, but doing so would be dangerous so I won't.
If you go to Westeros forums in the ADWD forum, nobody can make threads without mod approval. Click the maps thread and only look at the images in the first post. If you do that I guarantee you won't get spoiled.

methodman

Banned
Emerson said:
The negative reactions I'm seeing here from people who got spoiled have me kind of worried. It doesn't seem like just anger at being spoiled but also at what happened. I'm nervous.
People always mad at spoilers without knowing the context

Damn, I saw the thread on Westeros about people getting the book early in Germany but I thought it was a glitch on the part of Amazon. F U Deutschland Amazon!! Now I can't get hyped for the release with fellow ASOIAF brothers and sisters.

Edit: If some douchelord does indeed post spoilers in an unreleted thread I hope the mods perm their accounts.

Outdoor Miner said:
Isn't Martin American? WTF George, hook your country up with first dibs. Make the Euros wait 12 days.

George RR Martin = Terrorist Sympathizer

Things are actually better than ever in that regard. Prior books released in the UK several months before the US. I had to order AFFC from amazon.co.uk.

The US publishing industry seems to have caught up though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom